PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
August 5th, 2014, 06:54 AM

Hello Folksies!

Tuesdays are always a good day! Don't now why but I have always liked Tuesdays. Perhaps it is because when the kiddos were young and at school, and I was working full time, it was almost like a Saturday for me. Not that I ever got to sleep in - but after the kids were off to school, I would often treat myself to a fun day. These days every day is a treat for myself. At least that is what I remind myself more often than not.

I have always been one of those kind of people that believe in delayed gratification. That is, to do all the stuff you don't like first and then you can enjoy the the best part of whatever needs to be done. Perhaps it is a good thing I don't mind stitching down binding, since that is always the last part of a quilty.

Today I want to finish up a raggedy dolly that I have been working on aimlessly for a very short while. I am very pleased with how she is looking. I'll post a pic in my album when I she is presentable. I've also been working on some small doll type of ornaments. I generally get requests about September so I am going to try to be ahead of the game this time. Also, feeling the need to make up some more paper clay and work on some gourd heads or just possibly some clay over cloth faces.

Off to find the coffee pot. I can hear the big man snoring in the other room, Gracie is banging on the door to come back inside - for a little dog, she sounds like a bowling ball hitting the door! How can he sleep through that racket?

Be good to yourselves, my dear ones. If you are good to you, chances are you will appreciate it so much, it will overflow to someone else. Blessings, hugs, and oh yes, SMILES.

Live to Quilt
August 5th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Good morning Blondie,
Not usually up this early but couldn't sleep last night. Found out today ins approved my surgery and they will do on the 15th.
Hopping to go meet Sandy at M* Wed. Need to stay out of shops since I was their last Wed and shot my wad. LOL.
Have you figured out what your going to do with your material?
Hubby been sick last 2 days, hope he feels better today and can go to work. Lots of erans to get done and lots to get done before surgery.
Got some new fabric to make for new grand baby coming, but I have a lot of UFOs to try toget some of them done.
Sorry just rambling. Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day.

Jean Anne

Monique
August 5th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Good morning. Done with work for now. I did not do anything last night as I was too tired. It looks like it might be a rainy day today. I am meeting with my friend Bonnie some time this morning to help her sandwich a quilt. We are doing this at the community center. Then I may take my jeep to a garage so they can put a window back on track. I have it just so that it is open about 2 inches but if you play too much with it, it will fall down. Annoying to say the least.

I want to try and get another row done today if I can. I also need to clean as the kids are coming for the weekend.

I had better go start my day.

Have a wonderful day friends.

songbird857
August 5th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Morning all :-)
Hoping to get into the sewing room today - finally got the cord for my Slice machine and gave it a quick test run befor hubby and I went out last night. I really love what it does and it opens up a whole new world of trouble I can get into (i.e. - more ideas for things to make to add to the ever growing list) ;-)
I've got a list of things I'd like to make for an upcoming craft fair in November - really gonna try and get crackin' on that over the next few days... we'll see.
Have a splendid Tuesday :-)

Bubby
August 5th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Morning Everyone,

We have a lot of deer families hanging around our feeder lately. Here's one of them:

This is going to be a sewing day for me. I may pull out another (yes, I have lots) UFO to work on. I'm in the moos to work on small things right now. I hope M* comes out with a new Christmas table runner.

Olive had tummy troubles over the weekend but she's fine now, but now Dottie has it. It must be some king of bug.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

MRoy
August 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Good morning! DH is out of the house, everyone else is asleep and it's my quiet time of the day. Nothing exciting is going on here, we're just hanging out with son and grandkids. They will be leaving Friday and things will be really quiet then. It's been a great visit. Our state fair starts next week. I wish the kids could have been here for that. They always enjoy going to the fair.

Iris Girl
August 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Morning all! Quick check in before work. Got the black and red quilt out on the line drying. I hope my co-worker likes it.83691
Got my eclectic charm pack from M* yesterday so been working on the bag.
No cooking for me tonight , Son said burgers on the grill Yummy!
Other then not nothing new. Have a good day all. Smiles and hugs to those in need.

Mpyles
August 5th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Morning! It's off to work for me.....it was a crazy busy week last week with record sales yet again...there's a lot to be grateful for...just gets harder on my old legs...lol. DH has a case of cellulitis...generally it puts him in the hospital when he gets it. He came down with it on Sunday so off to urgent care we went...he is on antibiotics now...goes to his dr on Wednesday...it seems to be getting better but I have him on strict orders of bed only and up to potty and eat only! He doesn't want to end up in the hospital so he's being pretty good about it.

Well I owe...I owe.... Have a great day!

Mpyles
August 5th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Morning all! Quick check in before work. Got the black and red quilt out on the line drying. I hope my co-worker likes it.83691
Got my eclectic charm pack from M* yesterday so been working on the bag.
No cooking for me tonight , Son said burgers on the grill Yummy!
Other then not nothing new. Have a good day all. Smiles and hugs to those in need.

Pretty pretty!!

Madeforyouinma11
August 5th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Good morning everyone!
Well, today I need to do some cleaning...hubby is at work until 3 and then has to go back from 5-8, so I will have plenty of time to get things done. I haven't done anything since before having 5 teeth removed last Tuesday, so it really needs it. Then I will spend the rest of the week cleaning my sewing room while waiting for fabric to come. I have to order fabric for 3 quilts today that I am making for my sisters to give as gifts. It's really difficult to design a twin sized quilt around a 16x16 panel but I'm getting there. The oversized crib quilt will have the same panel, but won't be as hard to design.
Well, hoping everyone has a great day! Good thoughts, hugs and prayers to all who need them.

April, I love your quilt...it came out gorgeous!

Carol336
August 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Good morning. On our family vacation in the Outer Banks this week. So far rain....rain....rain. With 4 kiddies, 8, 10, 12 and 17 what we thought was a rather large house has become very small. Today looks to be much the same. Sooo...we're going to do our annual "everyone's" birthday party. We'll be making flip flop cookies and cup cakes this afternoon, which HOPEFULLY will keep them occupied for a while. Then tonight we'll have our big birthday bash.

Even with the rain, we're having a wonderful time just being with all the kids and gkids.....and heck fire shoot.....with no lightning or thunder....they still get in the pool and participate in grammy's pool games. They love picking prizes out of the "treasure chest" , which is filled with all kinds of fun trinkets from the dollar bins, when they win a game (and sometimes even when they lose - LOL).

Well I'm off to Harris Teeter for the rest of the cookie decorating stuff.

Have a lovely day everyone

Grandma Nan
August 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Its a beautiful summer morning here in Kingston- I can hear lots of birds singing. I always like the cooler mornings when you can have the doors and windows open and hear the songs.
I'm just sitting and reading through the forum and sipping on a coffee. Hubbie is off to the gym and I haven't quite decide a schedule for today but I will need to get busy soon. I will have 3 grandsons starting tomorrow for 2 days, their dad is working and my dil's uncle died so she has to go out of town. I think I am just enjoying the peace and quiet for now.

I am sitting here looking at my spicy spiral table runner, which is just a few inches short of binding to being finished. Got started on the placemats late yesterday. I am starting to panic a bit whether they will all get done, her 60th birthday is tomorrow but I wont see her until Thurs or Fri so I guess I better get busy on this free day- I just don't seem to get much done when the kids are here 5,7,9 year olds.

I will post the finished product in the next couple days. Have a great safe and healthy Tuesday.

Granny Judy
August 5th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Stopped in to check the DD and Blog; my must see what's going on stops. And then it's here to check up on all of you. Busy lives and lots of caring and sharing. A big thank you to Lisa (Ilove2craft2) for her offer of help with the Abuse Quilts...we live pretty close!!

Iris Girl -Love that quilt! And big smile to all you great peeps. I have a massage and shopping planned for today. I'll be out of the house at Noon to 4 pm today. My answering machine doesn't always work,,,so I may get a replacement while out. Will see if I'm near an electronic shop.

irishrn
August 5th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Well, after a week of two patients to care for, one is going back home today. My GF has recovered well and ready it hit the 3 flights of stairs to her apartment in Raleigh NC. It's about 40 miles from my home so I'll take advantage of the trip and make a pit stop at J's on the way home cause I need some fleece for my DGS batman quilt!! My DH still has the 15 stitches in his face and they are starting to itch! He wants them out but the incision is not quite ready!! They are due to come out Friday this week, so he is almost there! I know when I remove them there is gonna be some grumbles cause it won't be quick! ( it's one continuous running stitch and you have to cut them all at the skin to avoid pulling the outer part thru the internal wound! ). Oh joy!!!
I've been off my usual schedule this week and my fibromyalgia is really kicking up! Joint pain has flared a bit too! Need to get back to my usual routine!
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! :)

aliaslaceygreen
August 5th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Good morning! I have GOT to remember to click on this site BEFORE getting sucked into my day!
I took a sick day today---I need to take Tatiana to the vet, and I think it may be the day I have to say goodbye.... She has been failing....

Anyway, I will see what they say...

And, quilting...well, I am binding one for the local show and got the other off to the quilter in time, but when it gets back we are talking a non-stop binding day to get it ready....

But, mostly I have been on an Outlander high... If any are fans, the series premiere is Saturday but the first episode is free till the end of September...

I will just place one huge (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) here for all to take what they need....

MayinJerset
August 5th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Morning everyone, so happy to have Blondie start our days off with a smile. She makes me smile even when I don't want to and my days get off to a better start.

Sewing room this morning to finish some 12 1/2" blocks I began yesterday. Guild is having a block party at Thursday night's meeting, our outreach group needs the blocks for a new batch of giving quilts. I raided my scraps stash for some neutrals and prints and have about 6 blocks so far. Hope to have at least 6 more, good for the outreach group and good for using up my scraps. While I'm in the scraps tote I've been pulling out fabrics I really know I won't use, all going into a big baggie to be donated to quild's stash. Someone always picks those bags up - I guess one quilters fabric rejects are another quilters found treasure.

Finally found out our 6 week old great grandsons' name and birth stats, it felt strange as everyone asked his name, how was the birth, etc. and no one, even DGD's Dad, knew anything more than is was a boy and he was doing OK. Also received a few photos in the mail, he's cute and quite big. Sorry per the parent's request not to post anything about their baby but that he's healthy and doing well.

buckeyequilter
August 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Good morning....

This reminds me of our dogs.....no matter what we go into the kitchen for they are standing right by the door in case they get invited in and/or something is dropped.

I'm finishing up the Butterfly quilt top tonight. Now I'm trying to decide what to do next....Ohio Star quilt, Trip Around the World quilt, Bargello quilt or Mariner's Compass quilt. I think it's time to challenge myself a little.

I need to finish cleaning my sewing room so that is on the agenda somewhere...probably near the bottom of the list.

Well back to work.....have a great day!

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I am feeling like a late bloomer this morning - everyone up and busy with their day and I'm just getting my second cuppa. Al and I bought new pillows last night - they must have done the trick because I sure slept in late.

Did manage to get the binding on my Cat in the Hat quilt yesterday - now for the hand-stitching (that's one of the things I love doing).

I have to share my "LUCY" moment, too. I have this falling charms quilt that I had started before my machine had to go in for repairs. I've tried laying it out with a design (Stonehenge's Stone Chips charm) but there aren't enough of some of the tonal shades for me to come up with something (and I really don't have a place where I can lay the whole thing out without having to crawl around on the floor - something I just can't do). So I decided that the best way to put it together would be to toss them in a basket and pull one out and sew it on the row, pull another one . . . but they were already stacked in piles attempting to be the same colorway. What to do? What to do? And the wild thought crossed my mind . . . throw them up in the air, pick them up and put them in the basket. That will work, right?

Did I say this was a "LUCY" moment?

Have I mentioned that I have ceiling fans in my sewing room? Well, if you've forgotten that fact, I guess it's okay if I forgot, too. And after LMBO I picked up the blocks and dumped them in a basket. And so here I am yesterday and I walk by this shelf and say to myself "Sandy (sometimes I call myself that) . . . Sandy, when did you put your falling charms quilt blocks up there?" I had blocks strung all over that I'd missed during my pick up.

pcbatiks
August 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Good morning everyone! Kathy Brown was the guest speaker at our quilt guild meeting last night. She was fun and interesting and the quilts were beautiful. Her children's quilt patterns are adorable. Here are a few links to some of her things. Kathy has books, patterns and fabric lines. One the 1st link scroll down to see the kids quilts with names on them........soooooo cute. We saw them last night.

Peek-a-boo pals | Checker News Blog (http://www.checkernewsletter.com/?tag=peek-a-boo-pals)

Alligator Tales (http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/10475)

Kathy Brown (http://www.redroosterfabrics.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/8454)

EnumclawGramma
August 5th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Hey Hi! Good Morning! Here I am! Back at it! Been on a little vacation.....here at home, that is. Company from NY is gone and life is slowly returning to normal. Whatever "normal" is. DH is back to work, and I miss him already! DD and DGD are off house sitting for cousins, so I'm A L O N E all week. This feels WEIRD. I have a quilt to finish for my Brother in law, he is newly diagnosed with RA and comfort is the order of the day (in my mind) and I know he'll love it. Hoping to get it to my LAQ'er in a day or two. Hoping.

Sandy, you really made me smile this morning! I've got a picture in my head of you, with your charms flying through the air and you are priceless! Thanks for that!

The sun is trying so hard to shine today. It was beautiful when I woke up, but clouds have rolled in. I hope it's temporary, I am loving this Summer weather.

That's it for now.....hugs and prayers all 'round! Have a wonderful day and SMILE!!

Blondie
August 5th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Now Sandy, I have to say right now, that this is something I do. LOL. I just KNEW we came from the same place mentally. LOL.

And LIBBY! My darling sweet sistah! I've missed you. Glad it's just been family stuff - been there done that, quite often 'round here. Sorry to hear of BIL, thankful that he will be soon receiving a bit of comfort from you.

I am feeling like a late bloomer this morning - everyone up and busy with their day and I'm just getting my second cuppa. Al and I bought new pillows last night - they must have done the trick because I sure slept in late.

Did manage to get the binding on my Cat in the Hat quilt yesterday - now for the hand-stitching (that's one of the things I love doing).

I have to share my "LUCY" moment, too. I have this falling charms quilt that I had started before my machine had to go in for repairs. I've tried laying it out with a design (Stonehenge's Stone Chips charm) but there aren't enough of some of the tonal shades for me to come up with something (and I really don't have a place where I can lay the whole thing out without having to crawl around on the floor - something I just can't do). So I decided that the best way to put it together would be to toss them in a basket and pull one out and sew it on the row, pull another one . . . but they were already stacked in piles attempting to be the same colorway. What to do? What to do? And the wild thought crossed my mind . . . throw them up in the air, pick them up and put them in the basket. That will work, right?

Did I say this was a "LUCY" moment?

Have I mentioned that I have ceiling fans in my sewing room? Well, if you've forgotten that fact, I guess it's okay if I forgot, too. And after LMBO I picked up the blocks and dumped them in a basket. And so here I am yesterday and I walk by this shelf and say to myself "Sandy (sometimes I call myself that) . . . Sandy, when did you put your falling charms quilt blocks up there?" I had blocks strung all over that I'd missed during my pick up.

Navy Wife
August 5th, 2014, 03:20 PM
The wifi is working again, but I don't know for how long! All is well here is central Wisconsin. We had a rainy day yesterday, but it was needed. I managed to get groceries in before the deluge, so I am a happy camper.

Today is a special day. Our oldest grandson is 33 today. That sure makes me feel old!

I have been doing some free motion stitching. I'm far from being good at it, but I'm learning. I'm trying to get ready to quilt a comfort quilt for my good friend at home. She has breast cancer again, and it has spread to the bones.

That's about all from here in the north!

Linda

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2014, 04:39 PM
The wifi is working again, but I don't know for how long! All is well here is central Wisconsin. We had a rainy day yesterday, but it was needed. I managed to get groceries in before the deluge, so I am a happy camper.

Today is a special day. Our oldest grandson is 33 today. That sure makes me feel old!

I have been doing some free motion stitching. I'm far from being good at it, but I'm learning. I'm trying to get ready to quilt a comfort quilt for my good friend at home. She has breast cancer again, and it has spread to the bones.

That's about all from here in the north!

Linda

Linda, I'm just playing 'catch-up' with you - you must have a summer home in the north! We had that wonderful rain on Sunday and it was much needed but the grass needs mowed again!