PDA

View Full Version : Not offically a Night Owl tonight....

MayinJerset
August 5th, 2014, 01:44 AM
because I haven't been to bed yet. Still have some stuff to do like empty the dryer. I have a washing machine that takes a really big load of clothes and yesterday it was filled to capacity with bath towels, kitchen towels, face cloths, white socks and undies. I tend to leave these items in the dryer for awhile as they don't wrinkle and it is tiresome to separate and fold so many small items and them put them away. Better get to it as the supplies in our bureaus and closets have dwindled down considerably.

What household chores do you put off as long as you can?

Genny
August 5th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Mine is cleaning the bathroom....I absolutely HATE cleaning it...

toggpine
August 5th, 2014, 02:30 AM
I'll wash laundry, dry it, and then not always get around to getting it folded for a few days.
Currently I need to run the vacuum, mop the floors, dust, and, well, you get the idea.

toggpine
August 5th, 2014, 02:34 AM
I'm often Night Owling without having gone to bed first. I don't think it really matters. Only that you are up and checking in here!

It's only 10:30 here and I'll probably be up another hour. For some, that's not a night owl, but when I figure that it is nearly 2:30 East coast time, it works for me!

MayinJerset
August 5th, 2014, 02:46 AM
I see I'm not alone putting off household chores, no matter how many we do there are always more waiting to be done

It's 2am and I've taken care of a few things and now off to sleep. perchance to dream about a self cleaning house.

Judy, USMC
August 5th, 2014, 03:55 AM
1:45 in the morning here in Chicago. Had to laugh ... this was a reminder that I still have towels sitting in the dryer since Sunday night!

I tend to keep up with the light work (dusting, vacuuming, dishes) But deep in my heart I'm a binge cleaner and will put off almost all of the big chores. Then I will get in a mood and deep clean a room or two. I'm 1/2 way through the kitchen now and have only 2 walls and the floor left to scrub.

toggpine
August 5th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I ended up staying up until 2:30 Pacific and managed to get a few more loads of laundry done. I has been rather warm (98 on the thermometer here yesterday) and I haven't wanted to run the dryer. (I still can't get hubby to put up a clothes line!) I even folded them this morning!

I did get a few more things cut out. It will be nice to have a stack of items to just sit & sew together.

cyndiofthevortex
August 5th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I remember once upon a time I used to clean my oven...

toggpine
August 6th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Too lazy to start a new thread. I was up too late last night, and I'm paying for it now. I have one more load of laundry to run through and I'll be all caught up. (Until tomorrow!)
As a branching question to the household chores one May asked - I always run my load of whites and anything needing bleach as my last load. Anybody else to this? I have always done this as long as I have been doing laundry, I think Mom did too.
The sales guy told me that this, and leaving the door slightly open, will keep the HE machines from getting stinky.

MayinJerset
August 6th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Cathy, I'm also piggy backing on last night's posting. Last load for me is usually the white one and that's the one that usually sits in the dryer for a day or so because of all the smaller pieces like DH's white socks, facecloths, dishtowels. All the items may not be white but they usually get a bleach wash.

Speaking of that never ending chore of laundry I need to get some done today. Shouldn't complain about it because this is what we used to do. Man that was working getting all those clothes on the line while leaning out the kitchen window. Anything that fell into the yard was gone forever as our landlady picked them up and kept them, that is unless the cats had claimed them as their bathroom. Phew, you could never get that smell out.

Bubby
August 6th, 2014, 06:45 AM
In my next house I want every room to have a drain in the middle of the floor so I can just hose things down. I also don't want any kitchen appliances other than a microwave and a few vending machines. That's how I feel about housework....that never gets done....that's getting dirty before you finish cleaning the rest of the mess...and the piles of laundry that breed!

bkthomas
August 6th, 2014, 07:09 AM
In my next house I want every room to have a drain in the middle of the floor so I can just hose things down. I also don't want any kitchen appliances other than a microwave and a few vending machines. That's how I feel about housework....that never gets done....that's getting dirty before you finish cleaning the rest of the mess...and the piles of laundry that breed!

ROFLMBO :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: