PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Blondie
August 4th, 2014, 07:13 AM

Good Monday Morning, Folksies!

Yessir, I said Monday. Already. It is also my big brother's birthday, so, I am sure there will be cake somewhere in my near future.
The weekend had us enjoying time with some folks we hadn't seen in some time while they were visiting some of their kin.

We are still sinkless.

It's that time again - the dr visits seem to pile up in the same timeframe. I am certain that the dear old gal will wow them with her glow. She took a wee break this weekend. It rained almost all weekend and felt more like fall than summer. Fall being my most favorite season, I was grooving on it.

Have a special day, friends. Find joy in something - it will help you smile.

Bubby
August 4th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Blondie,

I'm up early getting Jeff organized to head off for work. I'm also playing with my embroidery machine. Top Secret Stuff going on here.

We had a nice uneventful weekend . The Girls love those kind of slow times because they get more attention. Did I mention they're slightly spoiled! Olive had some tummy troubles so she got to lay on my lap and be the 'Special One'. Truthfully, the Girls seldom get jealous of each other. When there's any sort of tension between them it's Olive who instigates things. She a cutie but she has her own ideas about things. There are easy dogs and not-so-easy dogs and we have one of both.

This morning I will mail DD her birthday quilt. I always say a little prayer for "wings of angels" whenever I mail a quilt. I'm sure I will hear from her the minute she gets it. The rest of her birthday gift, shams and pillowcases, will get to her closer to her actual birthday.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Monday.

Monique
August 4th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Good morning friends. I had a busy weekend sewing. I completed 5 rows for the row by row. Some were really challenging for me. Applique is not my strong point. I had dinner with friends on Saturday night. And I sewed all day yesterday.

On Saturday morning I went to my local flea market and stalked a gentleman who had a pvc quilt frame in his hand. I purchased it for $15. What a wonderful bargain that was. My friend's husband bought her one on sale and he still paid around $80. Now I think I will sell my Grace frame, if I can, as I have never used it. Anyone interested?

Off to work today, although it is a civic holiday (except Quebec of course).

The kids are all coming for the weekend. There is a stag and doe for my nephew and his partner. Should be fun. Also means I need to clean around here and CLEAN THE SEWING ROOM. UGH!!!!!!!

Have a great day friends.

HandsomeRyan
August 4th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Morning all!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0389_zpsb89nunqm.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0389_zpsb89nunqm.jpg.html)

This little guy got to take his first trip to the county fair on Sunday. He'll get to go to a second county fair next week as well because daddy loves county fairs.

I have been using the "My Fitness Pal" app for a few weeks now and I'm down 7.5lbs. I know that isn't an amazing number for 3 weeks of dieting but I really haven't hated using the app and I think rather than fast weight loss this is a better focus on sustainable lifestyle changes. If anyone uses the app and wants to be friends my username is "ryan1985cooper" and not only can we see each others progress but you can actually view my daily food diary and see what I ate for dinner last night (creepy).

I've got a client coming over today to help with some transplanting in the greenhouse. Should be nice to have people around to talk to as the life of a greenhouse manager is a quiet and solitary one.

We got all the blocks sewn for a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting in November. We are doing a traditional Jacob's ladder in powder blue and a light brown/khaki and the border/binding will be a brown fabric with little tools all over it from Joanns. The boy's middle name will be Jacob so the pattern is fitting. It has been a lot of work cutting and squaring all the HSTs and 4-patches then a lot of frogging when I sew them wrong but all the blocks are done and just need to be put together.

I've started a list of other projects which need to get done before the holidays. A couple wall hangings, a table runner, and maybe at least one more quilt. Much to do and less time to do it in!

I hope everyone has a nice day!

Mpyles
August 4th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Good morning! Everyone have a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Hi all! Finished with an exhausting week and weekend, and our first weekend of our show was a great success. Our Wiz is a St. Louis police officer, he had many of his colleagues in the audience, amd several other adult cast members are preachers/ pastors, so their congregations all cheered wildly for them! So there were lots of enthusiastic cheering for our actors and actresses! I got lots of compliments on costumes! Now, I'm so over sewing green costumes! I want it all out of my house!

I'm taking my grand kids to visit their cousins in Iowa today, with a stop in Hamilton on the way up. I'll take a seminar with quilt designer Patrick Lose at the Iowa State Fair on Thursday. I did this last year and found it to be very worthwhile. I'm sure I'll pick up more tips this year, we're going to work on a set of fall placemats, focusing on fusible applique and machine finishing, including a binding tutorial. He's a great teacher.

Hope to keep up with the forum on my phone, my son and his wife are both computer programmers but they don't have wifi in their home, so the ipad will be useless there! Have a good week!

Granny Judy
August 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Good morning all. Been awhile since I've logged in, but do browse thru daily. Getting over a "bug" and then life getting in the way. My long arm quilter dropped out of the Quilts for Abuse Women (local chapter) So I've been winging it all by myself.
Got 2 quilts finished and lots more to go. (Thanks to the great peeps here with their donations of Orphan Blocks)

Back to the sewing sweat shop. SSS time!! Just letting ya all know I'm alive and well. Huggers.

Sandy Navas
August 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Isn't it great to see Judy here? Great to hear from you!!

Blondie, what do we have to do? Send over Holmes on Homes to your house? Hoping you have success in the BR soon - I know how frustrating it is when you are trying to fix something and it just doesn't want to be fixed.

It poured here yesterday morning - much needed moisture for sure. Instead of braving it and heading to the workshop Al and I decided for a peaceful day in the house - so he mounted and quilted the Cat in the Hat quilt that is going to a grand-niece in Tuscon. I created the quilting pattern that looks like the cat's hat . . . so cute. Now to trim and bind it. I think I'll use a black and white stripe as a faux binding followed by red. Should turn out special. Probably won't get that done today though. Checked the calendar and found that there's quilt guild tonight - I'd actually forgotten.

Today is Al's BD - he says he doesn't want anything special done for him - so I guess the whipping I gave him when he woke up will have to be it.

Oh, and Wednesday is the Home is Where the Haunt Is BOM in Hamilton. A busy week for me.

Y'all take care and have a great week - well, just 'cuz.

buckeyequilter
August 4th, 2014, 09:26 AM

Good morning....

I thought of Blondie's mom when I saw this picture LOL and the way I must have looked when Jim was driving in the rain.

I had a nice week-end. Took a little road trip on Saturday to a quilt shop, the hubs dropped me off and went to the gun shop. We got into some downpours....but still managed to have a nice time. Of course I was holding my breath and biting my tongue....Jim was driving way too fast in the rain.

I finished the Big Star blocks and put them together. I had some fabric for my first border but let's not discuss that, I have more on the way.

I started putting together the Butterflies in My Garden quilt, that is my August UFO. I will keep this quilt since a lot of the blocks are from forum friends.

Well need to get busy. Have a wonderful day!

MRoy
August 4th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Good morning! It's been busy here with the grand kids. Since last Thursday there have been trips to the water park, movies, go-karts, and, last but not least, cave exploring/kangaroo petting/etc. Today will be for rest and relaxation.

Slokarma
August 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Good morning! It's been busy here with the grand kids. Since last Thursday there have been trips to the water park, movies, go-karts, and, last but not least, cave exploring/kangaroo petting/etc. Today will be for rest and relaxation.

My three grandsons will be coming tomorrow.......I'm already confused :icon_drool:

JCY
August 4th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Oh, Shirley, this pic is just too funny! Probably was photo-shopped, but it's cute anyway. I did more FMQ on the "Little Ark" Hourglass quilt over the wk.-end. I have just one corner section & the border left to do. I took time out Sat. a.m. to weed a flower bed for 3 hrs. Woke up Sun. a.m. with mighty sore muscles in my neck & shoulder. When I was younger, I used to work in the yard 2-3 hrs. in the a.m. & then work an 8 hr. swing shift at the hospital. Those days are gone forever. I hope everyone has a good start to the new week. JCY

GrammaBabs
August 4th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Love ya' GF... just had to add my DD's favorite saying...
"Caffine free soda.. Decafe Coffee!!!! What's the point??"...by Debra Lee Johnson....LOL

Good Monday Morning, Folksies!

Yessir, I said Monday. Already. It is also my big brother's birthday, so, I am sure there will be cake somewhere in my near future.
The weekend had us enjoying time with some folks we hadn't seen in some time while they were visiting some of their kin.

We are still sinkless.

It's that time again - the dr visits seem to pile up in the same timeframe. I am certain that the dear old gal will wow them with her glow. She took a wee break this weekend. It rained almost all weekend and felt more like fall than summer. Fall being my most favorite season, I was grooving on it.

Have a special day, friends. Find joy in something - it will help you smile.

Dollyquilts
August 4th, 2014, 10:30 AM
We had a very happy Saturday. My 12-year-old GD returned from a three-week ballet camp in Philadelphia. She and DD got up at 4:30 to get to the airport for their flight. She was so excited to be home that she didn't take a nap that afternoon. She and I were watching television and chatting about 7:00 p.m. when I went back to the kitchen to help with dinner. I glanced back in the den and she was leaning on her elbow on the sofa sound asleep. It was so cute. Her mom got a phone pic, but I don't have it yet. She is the younger of the two GDs and passionate about ballet. We're sure glad to have her back in the nest.

Dolly

Blondie
August 4th, 2014, 10:32 AM
HA! Which is why I do the driving when we have to go together. I am perpetually amazed that she has never received a speeding ticket in her entire lifetime. Thanks Shirley for the giggles and spewed coffee.

Good morning....

I thought of Blondie's mom when I saw this picture LOL and the way I must have looked when Jim was driving in the rain.

I had a nice week-end. Took a little road trip on Saturday to a quilt shop, the hubs dropped me off and went to the gun shop. We got into some downpours....but still managed to have a nice time. Of course I was holding my breath and biting my tongue....Jim was driving way too fast in the rain.

I finished the Big Star blocks and put them together. I had some fabric for my first border but let's not discuss that, I have more on the way.

I started putting together the Butterflies in My Garden quilt, that is my August UFO. I will keep this quilt since a lot of the blocks are from forum friends.

Well need to get busy. Have a wonderful day!

Blonde Biker
August 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good Morning everyone. yes it's Monday and my only day this week that I can call MINE! I can do what ever I want.........so what shall I do , you ask? keep working on the quilt I started yesterday , of course.

My biker girlfriend's husband was diagnosed with lung cancer just a few weeks ago. so I am making him a motorcycle themed quilt. the Zipper pattern that is in The Block mag. I will make it bigger than shown.

I finished a different quilt last week. it was a 20 fat quarter sampler. really fast to piece together and stitched an edge to edge umbrella design. my upper back got really sore and tight. but I slept pretty well last night so it feels much better today.

TO MY Precious Blondie......thanks for thinking of me and sending me an E card! YOU enjoy your day sweetie!

Simply Quilting
August 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Good Morning!!! And life continues at a very fast pace around here. Last week was Vacation Bible School from 9AM to noon. My husband and I put together the daily newsletter and help with the powerpoint in the two worship groups. We had a great time and I was even able to do a little handpiecing while waiting. We would finish there at noon and run some errands then it was time to take him to work and take the children to the pool. Come home a little after 7PM. Then go do tutoring with a family. Next was picking up hubby up at 11PM and get around for bed to wake up and do it again the next morning. Do ya see where I'm not getting a lot of machine quilting time :)

On Sunday, we went and looked at a house we had thought would work until we started measuring doors. The master bedroom was 30 inches and the bathroom doors were 24 inches. And none of the door widths could be changed because of the way the house is configured.

This week should be the last week of busy crazy. Dh works days this week for special training at work. We start school today. I know this seems early but it gives us the time to take off when we need like the week of the Fall Forum Retreat. And I like to start early as we never know why we might have to take off sometime during the year. It is usually so hot in August that I would rather be working inside and enjoy the nice days of October outside. I will still have tutoring to do this week. Then we have swimming as this is the last week the pool is open. And shopping and prep for the Wednesday night dollar supper at church. Also tonight is the last night of archery - we completed all ten weeks.

Have a great day everyone :)

songbird857
August 4th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Morning all :)
Blondie, your mom must be a hoot! My FIL occasionally talks about renewing his driver's license (ain't gonna happen) ;)
Ryan - that boy of yours!!!!!! Cutest mini cooper I've ever seen :)
My daughter and I went to see my parents on Saturday - sometimes the guilt monster gets me; I spend many hours caring for my FIL, I'm lucky if I get to my folks' house once every 2 months or sometimes longer... anyway...
It scares me to see my dad looking so frail and my mom looking so tired; with me just not close enough to check in on them at least once a week! (1 1/2 hours drive for me)
It's weird - my FIL looks great physically, but his brain definitely isn't firing on all cylinders at all times; my parents are as sharp as you can get - but they look/are so physically worn. They are all the same age. (82 - 84)
It was nice to sit and chat with my parents - it was a good visit :)
Haven't been in the sewing room a whole bunch lately - and will probably be heading up to the timeshare for a few days so not sure how much will be done this week either! Oh well - my UFO's will be there.
Hoping to get the right cord for the small digital di-cut machine I bought on ebay. It's called Slice - I wasn't sure whether or not to take the leap, but I got a good deal and it came with 13 design cards (which is where the major expense lies). I bought it about 2 weeks ago, but the lady sent the cord for her Cricut by mistake!! Then she was on vacation so didn't send the correct one til the end of last week...sigh. Maybe I'll bring my new to me toy with me to the condo and play with it there! I'm thinking it will be useful for not only quilt applique', but cards and applique' for doll clothes as well. I also teach Sunday School, so I'm thinking I could get much use out of this little investement :)
Well, the living room is vacuumed, but the dishwasher sounds like it is just about done, and laundry awaits me - have a great day all!

MayinJerset
August 4th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Phew, Some of you gals have had very busy and tiring weeks, reminds me of our days when the boys were younger.

Mentioned in my Night Owl post that we had a nice countryside ride yesterday to an old town and had a different lunch in an old fashioned local diner. Not moving too swiftly this am but I have to head up to sewing room and get a few 12 1/2" blocks sewn for Thursday's guild meeting's Block Party, blocks go to our Outreach Group to turn into quilts. I'm off so have a Good Day.

buckeyequilter
August 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Good Morning!!! And life continues at a very fast pace around here. Last week was Vacation Bible School from 9AM to noon. My husband and I put together the daily newsletter and help with the powerpoint in the two worship groups. We had a great time and I was even able to do a little handpiecing while waiting. We would finish there at noon and run some errands then it was time to take him to work and take the children to the pool. Come home a little after 7PM. Then go do tutoring with a family. Next was picking up hubby up at 11PM and get around for bed to wake up and do it again the next morning. Do ya see where I'm not getting a lot of machine quilting time :)

On Sunday, we went and looked at a house we had thought would work until we started measuring doors. The master bedroom was 30 inches and the bathroom doors were 24 inches. And none of the door widths could be changed because of the way the house is configured.

This week should be the last week of busy crazy. Dh works days this week for special training at work. We start school today. I know this seems early but it gives us the time to take off when we need like the week of the Fall Forum Retreat. And I like to start early as we never know why we might have to take off sometime during the year. It is usually so hot in August that I would rather be working inside and enjoy the nice days of October outside. I will still have tutoring to do this week. Then we have swimming as this is the last week the pool is open. And shopping and prep for the Wednesday night dollar supper at church. Also tonight is the last night of archery - we completed all ten weeks.

Have a great day everyone :)

I got tired just reading this....now off to take a nap :)