PDA

View Full Version : Hooting at the Moon again

MayinJerset
August 3rd, 2014, 05:46 AM
4:30 too early to get up so I'll hang out here for awhile. Really haven't been Night Owling lately, I still wake up several times during the night but have been really tired and have gone back to sleep. One night I tried to post something and fell asleep at the keyboard. Was tired today after yesterday's busy day and also had an upset stomach so I've rested most of the day and now I'm feeling better and wide awake. Any other Night Owls tonight?

Received some photos in the mail this afternoon of our 6 week old new great grandson from his mom, DGD#1. Such a cute little boy but still no name! Her and her DH knew a baby was coming for quite a few months and must have discussed names. Well, for now we refer to him as Baby G (last name begins with G). Hope she's doing OK as she is out in CA and all her family are here in Jersey. Sorry no photos as parents requested quite awhile ago No photos online or on Facebook.

Had an email from DGD#2, she was finished teaching summer school (she's a special ed teacher for high school kids) so she and her fiancÚ were taking off today for Prague, Copenhagen and the fiords of Norway. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Maybe these 2 grandgirls started something and I'll be hearing from the rest of the grandgirls soon, 2 down 6 more to go.

Think I posted somewhere before that 3 of my cousins were over for our monthly lunch yesterday. I set up a mini pillowcase sew in for them, they had to work for their supper this month, LOL! We still had plenty of time to talk the day away and have a few chocolates while we sewed. Here are the gals and their pillowcases.

Klasien
August 3rd, 2014, 06:48 AM
Wauw, Prague and Copenhagen en Norway....that is a huge trip!!!
Sounds your granddaughter is overhere in Europe for a while, where does she lives??

So much fun for you and your family to have a little sewing time together, glad you had some stuff done together while talking and having fun!!

Hope you sleep well this coming up night :)

Bubby
August 3rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
I've been up since 4 this morning also. I'm sitting here eating a piece of zucchini bread and thinking of what I will sew next. I finished DDs birthday quilt this week, so I think I will try to make a couple pillowcases to match. I would like to get the box in the mail tomorrow.

May, that's fantastic that you get together with your cousins every month. I'm the only one left in my family other than my daughter and her kids.

Have yourself a great day!

MayinJerset
August 3rd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Bubby, It is nice that we cousins get together. I have many cousins but not all are close ones but these 3 plus Terry who passed away last year are the best and closest to me. We began as Grandmothers Who Lunch and over the years it was shortened to The Grannys. Sometimes we have guest Grannys, usually our sisters and/or friends and once a year we do something special. Last year we got all dressed up and had lunch at a famous restaurant in Brooklyn. Another time we took an evening boat ride around the bay from Jersey to New York.

Klasien, That is a big trip my DGD and her fiancÚ are on. Granddaughter lives here in Jersey, about an hour away from us. and he lives in PA where he is a college professor. He also is a coach for the school's debating team and he often travels with them to debates here in the US and to other countries. Last summer he accompanied the team on their debating schedule throughout China and I'm guessing this year they are schedule for Norway, etc.

Granny Fran
August 3rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
And to think I went to bed when all you night owls were just getting started....loved hearing about what all of you are doing. Wish I had family close by,,sigh,,but I do get to visit over the phone with a like-minded quilting cousin in Texas.

Love my aussie
August 3rd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon all, family talk. It is nice that you all have family that you are close or talk with. I have a family in the same town I live and my immediate family does not speak with us. It is weird.....they just never call or come by.....that goes the same for my own mother which never cared for me anyway. So it is pretty lonely since my father passed two years ago and my aunt who was like a mother to me passed three years ago. I envy you so much Mayinjerset.

I have a wonderful husband and two young children so I am happy and blessed that I have them. I don't understand my family though.......it is just weird.......they spend time with co workers but not family and we live 15 mins apart!!! This is mother and brother that I speak of. My husband is an only child so no BIL or SIL lol. But even his cousins call us or stop by and want to be involved in our lives.

I do however have distant family.....like cousins and two uncles left that we constantly speak and meet for Halloween or holidays or even veggie time. When I was a kid I always dreamed of having my parents go on vacations with us to spend time with grandkids but that was not the case.....in fact because of my mother my dad would come by our home on his own. I do also have a MIL that is very close and helps to replace some of the loss of my mother......but she is aging and it is slowing her down bless her heart. I miss my father and aunt so badly that I really feel a part of me died when they passed and that feeling has never gone away.

Anyway that is some of my heartache about family......another reason I joined this group......to meet and talk with people......hope that doesn't seem weird. Thanks for listening.....I appreciate it.

Have a wonderful Sunday all and hope everyone is quilting or playing with fabric or buying fabric lol

MayinJerset
August 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Good afternoon all, family talk. It is nice that you all have family that you are close or talk with. I have a family in the same town I live and my immediate family does not speak with us. It is weird.....they just never call or come by.....that goes the same for my own mother which never cared for me anyway. So it is pretty lonely since my father passed two years ago and my aunt who was like a mother to me passed three years ago. I envy you so much Mayinjerset.

I have a wonderful husband and two young children so I am happy and blessed that I have them. I don't understand my family though.......it is just weird.......they spend time with co workers but not family and we live 15 mins apart!!! This is mother and brother that I speak of. My husband is an only child so no BIL or SIL lol. But even his cousins call us or stop by and want to be involved in our lives.

I do however have distant family.....like cousins and two uncles left that we constantly speak and meet for Halloween or holidays or even veggie time. When I was a kid I always dreamed of having my parents go on vacations with us to spend time with grandkids but that was not the case.....in fact because of my mother my dad would come by our home on his own. I do also have a MIL that is very close and helps to replace some of the loss of my mother......but she is aging and it is slowing her down bless her heart. I miss my father and aunt so badly that I really feel a part of me died when they passed and that feeling has never gone away.

Anyway that is some of my heartache about family......another reason I joined this group......to meet and talk with people......hope that doesn't seem weird. Thanks for listening.....I appreciate it.

Have a wonderful Sunday all and hope everyone is quilting or playing with fabric or buying fabric lol

Honey, I understand where you are coming from. I do have some close family like the cousins I mentioned but many of my family are just like yours so enjoy the people who love and appreciate you.