PDA

View Full Version : Checking in!

Wwena
August 1st, 2014, 05:23 PM
Time flies! I've been on the road with the family and then got sick (literally) when we got home, so been remembering all too well what it was like to be pregnant lol. This was not the cause this time though! I think it was something bad I ate - the heat we've been having spoils the food something wicked. The weather has finally cooled down a bit and it was good timing too since I had my family (parents, sister with her family) over today for lunch. I've been crocheting lots while on the road but not gotten much sewing done. That will change though! The fabric for my mother's two quilts is calling to me and I got a new cutting mat today. I told DH I need new blades for my rotary cutter and I hear him wrapping stuff downstairs... I'll see tomorrow! :) I'm going to Mossby quilt shop with my mother (hopefully, she's also been a bit under the weather) and my dear friend Helena tomorrow to get some batting. And let's face it, at least five other things I didn't know I needed lol.

Missed you when I was away!

Sandy Navas
August 1st, 2014, 07:44 PM
Sure hope you and your mother are well enough to spend lots and lots on things you 'just have to have.'

Blondie
August 1st, 2014, 09:37 PM
Anna, how wonderful to hear from you! I so love to follow my international friend's lives - they are ever so much more interesting than my hum drum dailys. Enjoy the day with your good Mom - knowing that you will both have fabulous finds ahead of you. Keep smiling.
Blondie

EmmaB
August 2nd, 2014, 09:54 AM
Nice to see you! Hope you and your mom are feeling better to do some shopping for those just gotta haves!!

Wwena
August 2nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks so much and you know Blondie - that's the exact way I feel about you! Exotic you. ;)

I did indeed get a new rotary cutter for my birthday (along with a fabric gift certificate!!). A cheap variety which means it's hard to open and close, but it cuts like a dream. We had a great trip to Mossby, my mom was really taken with the shop and Charlott was charming as ever and even gave me some fat quarters as a birthday gift. How nice is that? :D

ravelim
August 2nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Anna, I think you're exotic, but I'm just a farm girl. Hugs to you, hope you feel better soon.