PDA

View Full Version : We're being attacked by a house eating monster...

Loonwatcher
August 1st, 2014, 06:16 AM
2:50 AM. I'm up turning on all the porch lights to see what's making "that" noise. Finally DH wakes and says it sounds like something is chewing. After rummaging through the closet and basement for just the right weapon, we head out the back door (in our PJs/underwear mind you) to sneak around to the front. I've got the flashlight and my trusty iPad (for a pic, too dark). Biggest porcupine I've ever seen comes out from under the porch with DH in hot pursuit. That porky won't be chewing on anymore houses. Can't believe DS slept through the whole thing. Now it's 5: 08 and I still can't go back to sleep. It's going to be a long day.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 1st, 2014, 06:35 AM
I have never seen one of those critters. So they eat houses, eh? Glad I don't see them! Good porky dispatch team!

Monique
August 1st, 2014, 07:05 AM
Aw poor you, but at least he won't be back.

Sandy Navas
August 1st, 2014, 11:00 AM
Nancy's husband.

Lissau
August 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
rofl!!!! .............

bubba
August 1st, 2014, 02:09 PM
The only one I have seen was walking down the shoulder of a busy road on the way home from work one day....it was close to three feet long! My friends had one under their deck and their lab went in after it and ended up at the vet after it's encounter.

MRoy
August 1st, 2014, 02:13 PM
I don't know if there are porcupines around here. I've never seen one. I never thought about them being house eaters. LOL!

Loonwatcher
August 1st, 2014, 03:33 PM
Ahahahaha Sandy. As usual, you crack me up.

Myrna, I didn't know the chewed houses either.

GrammaBabs
August 1st, 2014, 04:03 PM
What a morning!!!!
We occasionally have a few deer, and perhaps a skunk, kitty and the doggies people walk...oh, and hawks flying around,bees etc.. but NEVER a Porkupine... yikes.. Good thing, me not being much on anything other than "house pets"..:)
Brave DH... I'm assuming that Porky hasn't "lived to chew another day"..correct? :) Barbara

K. McEuen
August 1st, 2014, 04:07 PM
I keep laughing about Pat's post.

Poor porcupine. Has a job and has to walk home on a busy street. They must not pay him enough to get a car. :lol:

JCY
August 1st, 2014, 04:23 PM
I just wish the skunks could walk through our neighborhood & not leave their stink behind! A half hr. after I went to bed last night, the smell woke me up. Had to turn off the attic fan so it wouldn't suck the odor in the house. Then at 5:30 this a.m., same thing, only much stronger odor. Had to close up all the windows. Whew, it was bad. It's amazing the number of critters that live in the city. Foxes, raccoons, all these rabbits, the skunks, etc. I have yet to see a porcupine, however. JCY