PDA

View Full Version : Update on Baby Walter

easyquilts
July 31st, 2014, 04:14 PM
The doctors looked at the MRI Nd CAT scan, and are telling Lori and Dan that Walt's condition is inoperable. He is perfect in every other way... They even tested his DNA.... Oh.. His sinuses are involved.... If they fill up, as he grows, that could kill him, and of course he could develop a catastrophic bleed at any time.

However.... The scab is being kept very soft, in order to reduce friction on the artery.... The hope is that the skin will grow over the sinuses, and that the scab will be one operable.... It could happen that way... We are all trying to thunk positively, but it is hard....

Babies have lived with this condition... But, the surgeon said he had never seen anything this bad,,,,

My niece has been emotionally fragile for years..and if course there 's the post-partum thing going in.... If anything happens to Walt, that will send her right over the edge,

Lori and my sister, Becky both believe Walt's condition is their fault... The syndrome began with Becky, and was passed on to Lori and then Walt.... This, of course, makes things even worse than they are....

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good thoughts.... You guys have been a major support for months, now.

MayinJerset
July 31st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Oh praying for the best scenario for little Walt.

You know sometimes things just happen so Lori and Becky shouldn't be blaming themselves. No matter what they think or feel they had no control over Walt's development and certainly didn't wish anything like this would happen. Would they feel this bad because he had the same color eyes as they do? Of course not.

auntiemern
July 31st, 2014, 05:31 PM
Will continue prayers for a positive outcome for little Walter.

Gina
July 31st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Praying for baby Earl and your family!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 31st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Oh sweetie. Wrote you privately.

Monique
July 31st, 2014, 06:17 PM
Continued prayers

Sandy Navas
July 31st, 2014, 06:50 PM
The prayers will continue!!

ilive2craft2
July 31st, 2014, 07:11 PM
Continued prayers.

Dollyquilts
July 31st, 2014, 08:39 PM
Continued prayers and positive thoughts for everyone. Hopefully the Master Healer will resolve this.

Dolly

Bubby
July 31st, 2014, 09:03 PM
This is so sad for your family. My prayers continue for the baby.

BellasQuilts
August 1st, 2014, 12:04 AM
Walt is a good strong name, I will focus on that. And pray.

New York Sue
August 1st, 2014, 12:18 AM
My BEST to you and your family, chica!

Suzette
August 1st, 2014, 07:29 AM
Praying for sweet little Walt and your whole family. Hugs!