PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever too late to say Happy Wednesday?

Blondie
July 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Happy Wednesday Folksies?!
Hubs and I stayed the night with Mom yesterday evening. We all stayed up LATE painting kitchen. The three of us were slug a bugs this a.m. Finally had to come home to get some real coffee.

Ahhh, let me s t r e t c h and take another long, slow sip. That's better. Mom, it seems, is kindly nesting, if that is possible at 84. Last week she had a shot of something or other in her knee and she has felt like she can challenge the world. I keep telling her that she needs to take it easy since it will wear off, sooner if she keeps doing things that don't need doing. And, btw, did I mention that she went and bought a new ladder while I was at work? OY VEY! May I just vent and say in a low voice, stinking, durn doctor! Don't give her more shots! I can't keep up with her! LOL.

She has already stayed up one night and stripped her kitchen cabinets, re stained them (I helped one day, but, it would appear that I do not have the "touch") and now that we have her kitchen almost completely done, I don't want to think of what else she needs done.

After this cup, I am off to corral the old gal. I hope she is still sleeping but I think she is most likely back on the dang ladder.

Good things to possess? A thankful heart and a SMILE.

Madeforyouinma11
July 30th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Morning Blondie! It's nice to hear that mom is feeling good, even though she is running you ragged...LOL
My day yesterday went great! I have been eating soft foods since I walked in the door at 9:30 yesterday morning. I have absolutely no pain and no swelling...what more could I ask for? Now to save up for part two. :)
Today, after a short nap, I'm going to just unload the dishwasher and then I think I'm going to hit the sewing room for a bit. I did all my cooking, cleaning and laundry on Monday thinking I was going to be down and out for a couple of days so the day is mine...yay!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Blondie, good luck with mom today...I should send her a ticket to come to my house and finish my cabinets...lol

Bubby
July 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's cool and cloudy today so I'm going to bake a batch of Bob W's brownies that he shared the recipe for a few days ago. All I had to buy was the buttermilk. I think Jeff will love these and it's been a while since I baked anything special for him.

I would like to spend some time sewing today. I should hear from Reggie today regarding DDs birthday quilt. I have the binding ready to sew on. I look forward to hemming the binding. It's gives me a perfect excuse to sit for hours in front of the TV.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Kat 2
July 30th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Good Morning All

Blondie I only hope to have that kind of get up and go when I'm 84.

I'm spending this week and the next two in northern Ky with the grandkids til school goes back (home on weekends).

Have been trying to do a little something with them each day, Monday was the Cinti Zoo (they had a great time) yesterday did a little shopping and went for ice cream, this morning they want to go out for breakfast and then we come home and are going to finish some PJ's we started and later in the week they want to make welder hats for their dad since he is in need of some new ones.

Well better get on the move or my breakfast date with the kids will end up being a lunch date.

Off we go and have a great day everyone.

ravelim
July 30th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Hugs everyone. I had those shots in my knee and after the pain from before, they are wonderful. Mine just didn't last long enough.

Getting down to just cleaning and .moving the closet stuff for sewing room. Woo-hoo.

I have to brag a bit. My body is finally beginning to move easier than it has in 2 yrs. Another Woo-hoo.

Continued on DG quilt last after DD invited herself for supper. I think she gets lonely. Only a few more days and her DD will be back home.

Better get a move on. Have a great day.

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2014, 11:00 AM
It took me a minute to realize that Blondie's Mommy doesn't drink full-leaded caffeine. I thought that was a picture of Momma Ruthie with the pot. Speaking of POT - local inmates on clean-up patrol found over 700 pounds of the green stuff in sealed bags, hidden in a culvert at the bottom of a deep ravine south of here. Now who does that stuff? And they BURNED it . . . obviously not from Colorado.

Lunch yesterday was fantastic except for my little (secret) flub-up. My SIL drinks Diet Coke and I had four glass bottles but they weren't chilled - DUH moment - put them in the freezer for a few minutes to start the chill and then put them in the refrigerator. Right! Early guests and I forgot about them until it was time to put ice in the glasses. I discretely called Al and asked him to make a quick trip to the gas station (1/2 mile . . . whew) and get a bag of ice and a couple cans of Diet Coke.

BTW BobW's Pumpkin Dump Cake was a wonderful hit. The next best hit? My oven-roasted okra. YUMMY.

And, so, today I have the chore of completing the clean-up of my freezer. Everything there needs wiped down and it was messy to start with. Reorganization is always a good thing - look at all the fun things I can find. I do have enough left-overs from lunch to feed Al and I for the rest of the week though, so I won't be defrosting anything for a while. Why is it I always wind up cooking way, way too much? Better have enough than too little.

Took my SIL and Li'l Sis to my sewing room in the afternoon and started showing off projects - realized I have at least seven things in various stages of completion. Whew, I'd better get my fanny in gear. SIL used to quilt a lot and has offered her stash. Sis and I said we'd come and take 'pickers choice' and then she could donate the rest to one of the local guilds by her. If I never bought another piece of fabric I'd have enough here now to make quilts for the entire county.

Keep on stitching!!

MayinJerset
July 30th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Almost 10am with very few Wednesday posts so everyone must be out and doing stuff.

God love your Mom Blondie, can she share what kind of shot her dr. gave her? DH and I could use a boost of energy like that.

Cil, good going with your dental work, there was more anxiety and worry before hand and now it's smooth, or should I say soft, sailing.

Going to finish pruning dying foundation shrubs and replace plants in big pot by front door as the petunias died during the past heat wave. This afternoon shopping at Costco and farm market food for my Granny cousins lunch here on Friday. I'm setting up a mini workshop for my 3 cousins and they will sew some pillowcases for my guild's ConKerr Cancer Pillowcase Project. It will be something different from our usual sit, eat and gab lunches and they will be doing something to cheer up some kids in hospitals with life threatening illnesses.

First I need another cup of coffee. Have a good day.

songbird857
July 30th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone, boy we do seem busier these days!
Blondie, glad your mom is feeling better - just not sure about an 84 yo on a ladder :-)
My FIL had an appt with the primary yesterday - looking good physically, but did get a scrip for blood pressure. I let FIL see me take it out of the CVS bag and explained what it was... hopefully if he sees me take it out of the bag each day, he will be good and take it. I'm already crushing his Allopurinol and hiding it in his yogurt because he decided since he is not in pain (because of meds and surgery) from his gout, he doesn't need that pill. And the natural supplement to lower uric acid is hit or miss with him.
I laughed out loud the other day when he showed me his previously very badly infected gouty hand. He said "it's good! I put a little hot water on it every day and it's good." Yeah. It's the hot water.
Off to the same primary tomorrow for me for my yearly physical (well... in my case... usually every 3 years ;-))
Been fighting something for a month now - they did call in prednisone for me last week, not sure if it's fully taking care of the issue - oh well... tomorrow....
Gonna make some bread, and maybe clean out some kitchen cabinets today. Been kinda lazy in my first week and a half of not working a 'real' job and being a bit under the weather.
Have a great day all - beautiful weather here in Massachusetts!

toggpine
July 30th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Wow! It's nearly 2PM on the east coast and we haven't filled up a page!

As much as I want to be doing something sewing related, I have to get the trailer packed for our trip to the fair. We did get the first load of hay in and put up last night. Two more loads and we'll be set for the winter. THAT will be a good day.

Perhaps if I can get everything done during the day, I can find some time to sew a few seams before an early turn in tonight!

Have a great day (or what's left of it)!
Hugs, Cathy

Navy Wife
July 31st, 2014, 12:43 AM
It's almost Thursday, but I will get in a few lines while the wifi is working! I've been busy making a comfort quilt for a friend with breast cancer. She is refusing treatment except for Tamoxifen . This is her 3rd round with cancer, and at 82 she says she is just tired of worrying about it.

I had a fun day with friends from the campground. We went to Baraboo, WI for the day. One of the ladies used to live there. We had a wonderful lunch and walked around the courthouse square and into all the antique and craft shops. Meanwhile our DHs went to Oshkosh to the big air show. They had a great day also. Saturday we are off to Iowa City to visit granddaughter and her husband. They have bought a house and are enjoying fixing it up. It should be a fun weekend! Soon we will start for home and I can be on line more. Till then, y'all have fun now!

Linda

kensington
July 31st, 2014, 12:48 AM
I had a good Wednesday! My son arrived this morning from his NG training deployment, he has done 2 this summer, back to back and I was so happy to see his face. We visited a while, then he took a nap and I started my Alter Ego Quilt, we took a drive later to meet the dh and have dinner. Then we came back and he loaded all of his stuff he has in the garage in dad's new pick em up truck and headed back to college to move into his new apartment. He has drill this weekend and we will go meet him there to get the truck back and deliver his car to him.

Whew! I have been sewing since we got home about 7:30, with a minute or two here and there breaks. Now I am exhausted. I'm going to need a muscle relaxer tonight!

Still... I had a Good Wednesday!