PDA

View Full Version : My Broken Heart

mommadeb
July 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Yesterday my daughter had to take her dog, Bindi (who was mine before I moved) and have her put to sleep. She was 11 1/2 years young. The beginning of July the vet found a large tumor in her liver, which was inoperable and no medication would help it. Bindi was doing well until Sunday when she took a much expected turn for the worse. My DD didn't waste any time and took her to the vet yesterday and had her put down. We had Bindi since she was a 6 week old pup. Our hearts are so broken as she was the most fun, happy and entertaining dog ever.

We do have our good memories and many of them. She hated to go potty outside in the snow-but of course she did. She loved to chase squirrels and was a master at it although she never managed to catch any and her favorite thing? Peeing in the cat's litterbox. Don't ask us why. My DD thinks it was a revenge thing as the cat would always drink from Bindi's water dish.

We miss her dearly but know that she is in a better place and pain free. No more peeing in snow either.

rebeccas-sewing
July 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM
It's always tough to say goodbye to our loved ones. That includes all of our pets. We've had many over the years. Most of them had to be put to sleep when they became ill. It's always so hard making that last trip to the vet. I know how you are feeling. My condolences.

Madeforyouinma11
July 29th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our furry friends become our children over time and losing them is the loss of a great friend.

Slokarma
July 29th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I'm tearing up as I read. I'm truly sorry.

Texas Jean
July 29th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to remember the good times.

ilive2craft2
July 29th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I am so sorry on the loss of your fur baby - they truly become members of the family. Have been down that road before and know how had this is.

Dollyquilts
July 29th, 2014, 07:15 PM
She sounds like a very special dog who was owned by two special ladies who gave her a very happy home and the best of all lives. I hope you find peace and reach the place where your memories sustain you.

Dolly

K. McEuen
July 29th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Sorry for your loss, but the whole peeing in the cat box is funny. Remember the good things. :)

Sylvia H
July 29th, 2014, 07:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are truly part of our family - special relationships that often defy understanding by those who have not experienced it. I am happy to read that you have so many wonderful memories of Bindi.

Bubby
July 29th, 2014, 08:55 PM
It's heartbreaking to say farewell to a beloved pet. Jeff and I still cry over our Miss Molly that we lost last year. My sincere sympathy and prayers are with you. Remember the good times and all the smiles Bindi put on your face. She will live forever in your heart.

mommadeb
July 29th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks all of you.

Eriepatch
July 29th, 2014, 09:34 PM
So very very sorry for your loss

Gina
July 29th, 2014, 09:44 PM
So sorry for the loss of Bindi! She was a beautiful baby!

songbird857
July 29th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I'm so sorry... what a beauty :(

BellasQuilts
July 29th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Hugs. I know it's tough.

Sandy Navas
July 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
So sad along with you, Deb. But don't ever forget her cat revenge!! Love that story.

Auntpiggylpn
July 29th, 2014, 11:58 PM
So sorry for you and your daughter's losss.

PeggyM
July 29th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Rhttps://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

SandyWhite
July 30th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I'm so sad for you. I know how hard this is.

easyquilts
July 30th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Bindi was a beautiful dog.... She looks so sweet....

Losing a much loved pet is never easy.... Our furry friends become such an integral part of our lives. They give so much to us, and only ask that we love them.... I am so sorry you have lost Bindi... I can tell how broken hearted you are...

Andrea F
July 30th, 2014, 04:20 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

maxwellthecat
July 31st, 2014, 02:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, they are a part of your family.

Lilyjo
July 31st, 2014, 04:15 AM
So sorry to hear this, it's heartbreaking to lose a much loved friend.

mommadeb
August 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
So sorry for you and your daughter's losss.

This made me cry. Thanks.

mommadeb
August 3rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks again to all of you. My heart is still heavy but I know she's peeing in every litterbox she finds and then kicking back with a good ol peanut butter 'sammich'.

DCM
August 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM
So very sorry for your loss. We lost our fur baby on July 5th and the house seems so empty. It is the memories like the litterbox that help ease the hurt.

Auntpiggylpn
August 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM
This made me cry. Thanks.

I'm sorry it made you cry; that wasn't my intent. I think it just sums up what our furry ones mean to us.

dizzyLiz
August 3rd, 2014, 08:03 PM
I am so very sorry about Bindi. I went through this in 07/13 and 04/14.......I still am in mourning. Truly I understand, but please remember Bindi is waiting for you. Love and prayers.

QuiltingRN
August 3rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
So sorry for your loss. We just had to put our Violet to sleep on July 22nd. She had severe inflammatory bowel disease, that was not getting better with meds and food changes. She was only 9 yrs old and we miss her very much.

We are setting up a memorial in the yard as we have a stone with her name and paw print. It will help us remember her.

My thoughts are with you. All dogs go to Heaven..

Love my aussie
August 3rd, 2014, 09:21 PM
I am so very to hear of your loss........God bless you and your family!!! Prayers for you and your daughter!

MRoy
August 3rd, 2014, 10:12 PM
I'm very sorry about Bindi. (((HUGS)))

Ginny B
August 3rd, 2014, 10:25 PM
My heart is hurting for you. So sorry for your loss. Bindi sounds like she was a wonderful part of your family and I know this is a very difficult time . The story about the litter box sure did make me smile though. It is always so hard when we lose a member of our fur family. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Suzette
August 4th, 2014, 07:58 AM
My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I am so sorry for you loss. But I have to commend your daughter for not prolonging your sweet dogs suffering. I am a vet tech and honestly, too often I see folks keep their pets alive for their own sake because they cannot make the necessary decision while the animal suffers. Those owner choose quantity over quality of life. So as difficult as this decision always is, good for you daughter for making it in the best interest of her beloved pet instead of selfishly for herself. Hugs to all of you!!

ravelim
August 4th, 2014, 10:35 AM
So sorry for your loss. We've had to do the same thing. But like others have said try to remember good things. I know it just hurts.

Amy R
August 4th, 2014, 01:14 PM
so sorry for you and the family's loss :(

Liberty
August 4th, 2014, 01:33 PM
So very sorry :(

mommadeb
August 12th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I know that was not your intent. I had been thinking about her when I read it. Thank you for sending it. I did enjoy reading it.

Thanks again everyone.

I'm sorry it made you cry; that wasn't my intent. I think it just sums up what our furry ones mean to us.