PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, it is about time

Monique
July 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Good Sunday morning friends. I see blue sky in the distance. It rained last night. We are off the camp this morning, where there is no hydro, no telephones, and no internet, just peace and quiet. See you all back here on Wednesday. Have a great day and a great week friends.

Terri
July 27th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Monique! Sunday the first day of the week, the last day of the weekend....back to work tomorrow. Thankfully, I only work part time....Monday & Friday. :) It's pretty here this morning, about 72 degrees, but according to the app in my iPhone it's supposed to get to 99 today! Gotta get ready for church in a little bit. Something simple for lunch (can you say "take out" LOL) and back tonight. :) Have a blessed day!

Terri

Bubby
July 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Good Morning,

I was out with the Girls about two hours ago and it's already super humid. This will be a good day to stay indoors and sew.

Yesterday we went to Cuba and Jeff painted and I did some cleaning, but it was a rough day for me. My Lupus is flaring bad right now and the extreme heat adds to the overall misery. I'm going to keep cool today.

I have the binding cut for DD's birthday quilt and I think I will get it ready to sew on. I should get the quilt back from Reggie Tuesday.

We bought meat on the way home from Cuba yesterday and now our freezer is full. There is a grocery store in Cuba that has really good meat, but you have to pay a really good price for it. I want to raise a steer for our beef next year.

Tuesday will be our DGS's 20th birthday. No longer a teenager!

Wishing everyone a blessed day....

Grandma Nan
July 27th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Have a good holiday. Don't get carried away by the mosquitos. They are wickedly big this year.

Sandy Navas
July 27th, 2014, 09:51 AM
We have been invaded by FOG here - couldn't see across the highway this morning. That means a muggy day. Guess it's good that I've planned on straightening up the house a bit and doing a bit of laundry. Have family gathering on Tuesday so I need to free some surfaces.

Yesterday was great, the attendance wasn't as large as we'd expected but it was hot and we did have a couple short-lived heavy rains which added to the discomfort. Sold over $100 in raffle tickets for the quilt guild's Christmas quilt though so all was not lost. There were about 15 quilts only in their quilt show with people's favorite voting. First place went to a quilt that was a 4-generation quilt and it was spectacular. I am so bad - I never think to take pictures . . . the pattern was something I had never seen before though and it was hand-stitched and hand quilted and in pristine condition. Li'l Sis took second place with her lavender Stack and Whack.

Off to put in a load of laundry and run the dishwasher . . .

Ginny B
July 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Good morning. We had a real nice day yesterday. A friend came over and dh bbq'd and even though a big, dark cloud came by as we were eating, it didn't rain. It's a bit too cloudy and chilly for us to go down to the beach this morning so I think we will have a nice breakfast and then pack for Lancaster. I may even get some time to sew today, which I didn't expect.

Monique, have a wonderful camping trip. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

shermur
July 27th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Good Sunday morning.....
The family is going to a new church this morning, we have been to three and still not finding what we're looking for. So far, the churches we have attempted to attend have been way too contemporary.

I'm still trying to organize my sewing room and get all the packing boxes out of the house. DH hung a lot of pics and wall ornaments yesterday and makes the house look more "homey"! Hopefully by next weekend I can have a garage sale to get the extra "stuff" out of the garage and more room to get at least one car in the garage.

I have another job interview tomorrow for a county clerk position....this one I would really like to obtain! Cross your fingers and forward hopeful thoughts! It's coming together soon; and the really sweet part of moving to the River Valley of Arkansas? How sweet our new neighbors are. Our neighbor across the street came by Friday evening with fresh picked peaches from a local orchard. The peaches tasted so great with vanilla ice cream last night!

I need to contact the local quilt guild and see if I can attend tomorrow evening...it should be a new experience!

MayinJerset
July 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Good traveling to Monique and Ginny for your vacations and good luck to Sherri with her job interview.
Ginny The Old Country Store has reopened, same layout and slightly higher prices but it was a pleasure shopping there last week with only a few customers in the shop, plenty of room to check all the fabrics out.

Seems muggy is the word all over today although it looks as if the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. DH said he is tired of doing stuff around the house and yard and wants to take a ride this afternoon and stop for a late lunch or early dinner. No problem for me to agree with him but my job is to decide where to go. Going to look up Joann's location in the country west of us. I have some coupons I'm itching to use. At the retreat last weekend I used a clear ruler with very few black markings and I liked it because I had a clearer view of where I wanted to cut.

Does anyone have one of the electrical blade sharpeners? Are they worth the money? The latest batch of blades I bought seem to dull very quickly so maybe a blade sharpener will keep them usable longer. Think I'll also post the question up in the quilting section for a bigger response.

EmmaB
July 27th, 2014, 10:49 AM
It's hot and humid here also. I got my yard mowed yesterday and I'm hoping I lost 10 lbs just sweating. By the feel of my clothes I don't think that happened. This morning I have to get back out there and do a little bit of trimming. Maybe I can sweat off a few more pounds! After mowing yesterday, DD and I went to my friend's house to enjoy her pool. The water was too cold!! I sat at the edge and let my legs dangle. I wish I were one of those people that just jump in but I can't bring myself to do that, LOL. We tried to enjoy the evening but the mosquitos ran us in the house. By the time I got to bed I was so tired I shut my eyes and was asleep in seconds. I would love to just have a jammie day today, but need to go see my mom later on. I do so LOVE my mom, but sometimes she's so depressing to talk to :(

Sounds like things are coming together for you Sherri. I'm so glad for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on that new job you want.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ginny B
July 27th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Thanks May. I'm looking forward to our trip. I've got Trish's list of suggestions and directions and planning out my "Quilt/fabric shop" day. Tomorrow we will be doing the Martin Guitar Factory on the way to Lancaster. Not sure what time we will actually get to Lancaster so we will play it by ear at that point and see what is nearby and open. I am going to take my tablet with me and there is wi-fi at the B&B we are staying at so I might check in while we are away -- if I haven't shopped 'til I dropped. :)

Have a great week