PDA

View Full Version : My dog is staring at me.....

EmmaB
July 26th, 2014, 08:07 AM
She wants to go outside but I'm trying to play catch up here!!! Gimme a minute why don't ya!!! LOL

Seems like forever since I've been here. Things are starting to calm down some. I've been at my new job for 2 weeks now and so far so good. Only thing, I can't sneak a peek on the forum like I use to. DD passed her written test and is now a fully licensed cosmetologist. I'm so glad that's over for her.

Not a whole lot of quilting goin on at my house. Things have been so chaotic that by the time I have a chance to sit down I'm exhausted. No way am I going to even try sewing anything in that state of mind. I would be ripping everything out! Besides, this cat my DD brought home a couple of months ago wants to play with my foot when trying to sewing. Then he jumps up on the table and tries to grab the needle. It's impossible. He's getting neutered next month and I'm hoping that will calm him down a little. It's funny how he is so different from our other cat who is timid and quiet. This little guy is such a crackhead!!!

Well I'm off to browse the photo gallery and look at the beautiful quilts everyone has been creating. Plus my dog is REALLY looking at me now LOL.

HAPPY DAY EVERYONE!

Beccaroo
July 26th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Morning. It's going to be a great day!

Liberty
July 26th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I get those looks from my dog, too. Have a great day :)

Sylvia H
July 26th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I hope you can get back to your quilting soon. But that cat! You may need to either close the door if you can, or put the cat somewhere else when you want to quilt.

My dog has trained me to ask the following questions when he stares at me: "Go out?" (If the right question, he walks toward the door); "Go eat?" (I only ask this if it is close to meal time. He has been trained not to start eating until he gets the command "Go eat"); "Play?" (He either play bows or starts to stare at his toy box!); and if none of those are correct, I have been trained to get on the floor with him and give him a belly rub!

Gina
July 26th, 2014, 11:08 AM
To funny! My oldest mini does the same thing. If I don't get up and let him out he starts stomping his feet. Then he does his huff and puffing. It is hysterical!

Eriepatch
July 26th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Gina, does your mini "talk"? Ours does and it's so funny. You can see the frustration with her wanting us to understand her!

Gina
July 26th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Gina, does your mini "talk"? Ours does and it's so funny. You can see the frustration with her wanting us to understand her!

Yes! We have two and both love to talk! They both have different personalities too! My oldest isn't afraid of anything while the youngest is scared of everything!

bubba
July 26th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I think it's only fair.....I mean I have been staring at the man detailing my car the past two hours!

Simply Quilting
July 26th, 2014, 10:40 PM
:icon_wave: Hi! I've not been around much either. We were dealing with trying to find a house which is on hold for the moment. Then summer has hit full force - out the house in the morning for activities while the afternoon/evening is swimming - which ends in two weeks. :( The public pool closes on Aug 10 as public school starts back on Aug 14. Once we are done swimming, we should get started back on being home in the evening which is when I do a lot of my sewing.

I have managed to do a little hand piecing here and there for the last week. I have a jelly roll that I'm wanting to get started sometime. Still debating if I want to just do the jelly roll race or do something else with it.

Sheena
July 27th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I've not been around much either, so that makes lots of us who are very busy. My dog sometimes stands on the foot peddle and I've nearly sewn my finger to a quilt on several occasions. I now remove the peddle and use the finger button instead.

Eriepatch
July 27th, 2014, 10:08 AM
That could be dangerous Sheena! One of my (RIP) Schnauzers used to come up and hit my
hand and move my mouse with her nose when she thought I spent more time on the computer than I did
with her.