PDA

View Full Version : yes.....I'm growling!

bubba
July 25th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Just cleaned my machine. Plugged everything back in and it won't turn on!!! I unplugged everything trying to reset it, which has worked in the past, and even that did not work. My machine is a Singer Futura Quartet if anyone has and suggestions, I look forward to hearing them!

:icon_beuj:

Hulamoon
July 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM
That happens to me if the plug in the machine isn't in all the way. The other thing is our sockets are crappy. I have to wiggle to get a connection. Dh was going to replace a bunch but never happened.

bubba
July 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I unplugged it and back in a few times.......did nothing.

Sandy Navas
July 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
This always works for me. Remove all the plugs again. Pick the machine up. Lift it over your head as high as you can. Slam it to the floor and then jump up and down on it. Now pick it up, set it back on the sewing table and plug both ends of the electrical cord back in.

It may not work for you, but that's why I couldn't get mine to turn on one day . . .

Doloris
July 25th, 2014, 11:03 PM
do you have it plugged into a strip? if so make sure the strip didn't get tripped somehow. try turning the strip on and off a couple times. When I couldn't get mine to turn on once it was a fuse in the machine. Good luck.

bubba
July 25th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Well, I held it over my head, dropped it, watched it go thru the floor, and the next floor, and land in the basement.....I don't think it's a fuse.

K. McEuen
July 25th, 2014, 11:11 PM
I know we are all guilty of this at one point in our lives ...when you unplugged it did you pull on the cord instead of the plug? It might have come loose enough that it isn't making connection now. Try pushing the cord into the plug a bit then plugging it in.

Doloris
July 25th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Well, run down to the basement and try plugging it into another outlet. Maybe it is the outlet.

bkthomas
July 26th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Poor Pat! :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCY
July 26th, 2014, 12:20 AM
It might be time to take it in for diagnostics from your local repairman. If my machine doesn't turn it, it's usually b/c the surge protector strip cord has loosened in the outlet. JCY

Familyjournals
July 26th, 2014, 12:34 AM
You could do what I did with my Singer....trade it in.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 26th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Two words, boat anchor.

Vonnie
July 26th, 2014, 05:31 AM
A couple of things that have happened to me in the past.

We have outlets where the top one does not work unless you flip the light switch. It gets really irksome at times. I know it's so people can have room light plugged in and all of them will come on with the switch. But, one really bright day I was trying several things to get my stereo to work when my DH said - did you flip the switch - duh - slaps the forehead.

Another time, my machine was not that old, I could not get it to turn on. Took it in to the repair shop and it had an electrical problem. So they replaced the entire machine since it was still under warranty.

Hope you find the problem soon - hopefully before you toss the machine out the window.

irishrn
July 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM
This always works for me. Remove all the plugs again. Pick the machine up. Lift it over your head as high as you can. Slam it to the floor and then jump up and down on it. Now pick it up, set it back on the sewing table and plug both ends of the electrical cord back in.

It may not work for you, but that's why I couldn't get mine to turn on one day . . .

I can't stop laughing!!!!

bubba
July 26th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Well, I let her rest overnight in case she was cranky about being cleaned again so soon after the last time. Still did not turn on. I hit reverse 3x (read that on the internet), still did not work. Turn it on and off a couple times....still no go. So then I considered holding it above my head and dropping it, but that scared me. I mean, it could land on my foot or something. Instead, I tapped it hard against my table a couple of times, hit the switch and VIOLA!!!! She came back to life! Just needed a little CPR I guess.

whippetmom
July 26th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Were you able to get it to turn on? If so what happened?

bubba
July 26th, 2014, 03:17 PM
She is fine and dandy....