PDA

View Full Version : Thursday already

Blondie
July 24th, 2014, 07:03 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!

Once again, the gremlins have stolen my post, so I am trying to lamely remember what I was saying before I was suddenly gone blank of the screen. (Karen, if you find it in some other place again, just delete!) I suppose I could blame it on the weather. We have had some nice and welcome rain last evening and overnight. That should help perk up our veg patch.

Everyone speaking last night on the forum about BBQ makes my mouth just water. I loves me some BBQ. Here in NC we have two types. Coast BBQ (beach) and Lexington BBQ. I love them both. And then there is the die hard Gamecock inside me who drools at the thought of some Piggy Park BBQ. Any SC gals know what I am speaking of? I'll take a minced pork and rack of beef on the side. Keep the chickie.
Back to work today. All good things come to an end.
Hoping that our Sheri got the job.
Blessings, hugs, to all. Special hugs and prayers for those who are here and never voice their need.
Now go out there and SMILE!

Monique
July 24th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Good morning. Yes, back to work, only today and tomorrow and then I am off for a week. We are going to hubby's hunt camp for a couple of days and then another job for 2 days.

I am still working at hand quilting and have almost two sides of the borders done.

Raccoons still wreaking havoc around here. They have tore up the ground something wild. Don't know what to do. I am hoping there is one in the trap this morning. Just checked, no raccoon this morning.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Madeforyouinma11
July 24th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Morning! We had a little rain last night too. It's supposed to rain all day today so it will be a good day to get some indoor things accomplished. Our garden is doing really good. Comsidering it's the first year I've done a vegetable garden, I'm not doing too bad. We've already had 6 heads of broccoli, and more are coming, lots of zuchinni, some yellow squash, snow peas, and green beans. Our butternut squash is just starting to come in and we have had some tomatoes, but we have a whole bunch of tomatoes that will be ready all at the same time...can't wait!
Sorry you have to go back to work today. It's so hard after a vacation, especially one as fun as you had.
Going to strip the bed today and get a few other things cleaned up today. Need to go to BJs and the grocery store later to pick up a few things and then maybe get a little sewing in.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Bubby
July 24th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Morning,

It's cool this morning and it feels so good. I just took the Girls for a walk in the woods before it gets too warm for them to be outside. The Girls have been so good this week it's amazing.

I don't have plans for today other than slow and easy.

Wishing everyone a good day....

buckeyequilter
July 24th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Good morning. Yes, back to work, only today and tomorrow and then I am off for a week. We are going to hubby's hunt camp for a couple of days and then another job for 2 days.

I am still working at hand quilting and have almost two sides of the borders done.

Raccoons still wreaking havoc around here. They have tore up the ground something wild. Don't know what to do. I am hoping there is one in the trap this morning. Just checked, no raccoon this morning.

Have a wonderful day friends.

We used to get a lot of coon in our yard so we set out live traps and put a can of tuna in it with a couple of holes punched in it.

MayinJerset
July 24th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Laundry at the top of my list today, haven't done any since last week and the hamper is overflowing.

Verizon installed TV, phone and internet yesterday and all seems OK. Monthly bill is about $100 less than Comcast and that is more than OK. Installer was looking all over the house for an old phone jack but the only one I knew of used to be in our kitchen and we covered it over when we installed tile backsplash under the cabinets. Have to ask grandkids if their fathers (my sons) tell them how deprived they were growing up with only one phone in the house and in the kitchen no less. If they wanted to talk to their girlfriends everyone was nearby and could listen. Now grand kids have their own phones which are glued to their hands, wonder what tales the grandkids will tell their kids?

aliaslaceygreen
July 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Good morning! It is RAINING!! Lots and lots of raining.... All dark and dreary, I wish I could get back into bed!
But I must de-cat the quilt JUST finished so I can get it to the quilter today....

I have this weekend off, and DH will be working and DD will be in NY, so.....QUILTING time for MEEEEEEE!

Hugs to all (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) take one, pass it along...

JCY
July 24th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Dry cat food works also for the raccoons. We used to put it in a tuna can inside the cage. Unfortunately, the animal shelter here won't take coons. You have to release them where you caught them, or haul them off somewhere. Too much work. They haven't been as much of a problem since we had our apple tree taken down. But they're still in the neighborhood. We live close to a creek that runs through the city. It's amazing the wildlife that lives in the city. Now if we could just get rid of all these rabbits! Grrr. JCY

buckeyequilter
July 24th, 2014, 09:54 AM
We live in a wildlife plains area so we have a lot of places to release them. We take them as far away from our house as we can because they can find their way back.

Mpyles
July 24th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Good morning! Lots going on here this morning...coon catching..vacations ending...vacations beginning....

I tried to post the other day...and had a nice long post written out and poof!!! It was gone...said to "h" with it and moved on...lol.

I am in the midst of my vacation....just mainly a staycation....I took a mystery quilt class last weekend...the quilt is lovely...just need to sandwich it and quilt. Been doing lots of decluttering around our place....lots of clothes donated to charity. Cleanin on the garage. Today dd and I are leaving for the lake...DH will come up tomorrow after work. We are having a family reunion up there...lots of family coming so it should be a good time. All of my dads living sisters and all of my cousins from his side will be there. My oldest brother and my brother just older than me and all there kids and grand kids and then one other brothers kids will be there...but he won't. My little brother and oldest sister are just to busy or anti social to attend...not because they can't afford it...as a cabin was rented to alleviate that reason.....oh well...what's one to do. I am looking forward to it. We are having a fish and chicken fry Saturday and a cook out Sunday. Then it's back to work for me on Sunday...and it's fair week in Springfield...so it will be a busy week.

I'm attaching 2 photos of a baby quilt I made for my niece. The one of the label is a mother goose my sister embroidered for me whn I had my son in 1992. My sister is deceased and I wanted my niece to have something from her. 8281682817

Everyone have a great day!

buckeyequilter
July 24th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning....

I've been busy at work and home. I am making a Big Star quilt, for a friend, and just finished the blocks last night. I need to snowball the corners and am waiting on a delivery from M* to sash and put the top together. While I'm waiting I have some tops that need quilted so I might start getting those out of the way. I still need to clean and organize my room just can't seem to find the time or energy to do it. When I get out in my quilting room to start cleaning...ummm....I get so sidetracked with all the stuff I find.

Well need to get busy....have a great day!

ravelim
July 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Good morning. I'm too tired to do anything in my torn up sewing room today EXCEPT quilt. Guess I'll just make the sacrifice to quilt tee hee.

Making another table topper for son. And started and continuing a Christmas gift quilt for his DD.

Cooler today. Nice.

My mind is too tired to think of anything else. So...

Hugs to everyone. Have a great day.

alliek
July 24th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Since I'm retired I'm on a "staycation" all year. Can't say I'm bored at all. Miss the people I worked with, but not the time the job took out of my life. I smile a lot because of that! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Having some repairs on our deck made, actually almost rebuilding the whole thing. Having it done correctly, now I don't have to worry about mom snagging her sneaker on a nail or some bad boards. It was kind of expensive but necessary. Well today I'm giving my kitchen a light cleaning and then sewing. So have a great one everyone. God Bless:icon_wave:

toggpine
July 24th, 2014, 01:13 PM
It started out rainy here, but is supposed to be clearing off. I'm running Em to Nana's for the day and regular overnight stuff. A quick stop by the grocery store and head home to finish clipping the goats, as long as it has warmed up.
With yesterdays rain I was able to get a few things done inside and snuck in a bit of sewing as part of cleaning up. I had to get that stack off the table, right?
I need to go finish packing the kiddo's bag and hit the road!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy