PDA

View Full Version : Better "Little C" news

cyndiofthevortex
July 23rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
The last update said Grammie Sue was to get C for 3 days/nights a week, up abruptly from 2 nights a month. C came home from the first 3 days away and has been a total basketcase. He is attacking people, biting B hard on her shoulder even while hugging her. He will not go to sleep at night and is very, very angry. He's asked B to please not leave him again. We've been heartbroken and even physically ill because of his pain.

The state is now interpreting the decision to three visits a week and not three overnights. He will be seeing her from 4 pm to 7 pm three evenings a week. This is so much better for him. He can come home and sleep in his own bed. I believe it will also improve his relationship with his grandmother immensely as he will not be so stressed when he is with her.

This is an answer to prayer.

Now if only the judge would decide on a permanent placement for our little guy...

pcbatiks
July 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Cyndi.....praying that this is a good sign. Hopefully this will help C to feel better too. Been thinking of you all.

Iris Girl
July 23rd, 2014, 01:27 PM
This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will improve his behavior problems and the judge will see just how this effects him. Wishes for the best outcome to come soon so C can put the stress behind him and everyone can move on with life.

HandsOffItsMine
July 23rd, 2014, 01:59 PM
Breaks our hearts to hear what C is going through as well as B&J plus the family. Can't wrap my head around this judge's thinking.

Our continued prayers...

Learner quilter
July 23rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
All fingers crossed for a good result. xxx

GuitarGramma
July 23rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Please document little C's exact words, "Please don't leave me again." The court NEEDS to know that. It is proof positive that C needs to be placed forever with your daughter, perhaps with court mandated visits with Grammie Sue. Of course, I don't even know whether "court mandated visits" are possible in an adoption case. But if such a thing were contracted, it might allow Grammie Sue to relax and know that she won't lose C forever.

cyndiofthevortex
July 23rd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Sue knows that she would always be in her grandson's life as his grandmother. B and J practice open adoption, and Sue can see that in the way all of the relatives (except the abusive one) are in her adopted sons' lives.

J took C to see the Guardian ad Litem today and was told she believed the best and only place C belongs is here with our family. That was more good news today. She said she'd fight tooth and nail if necessary to keep C here, but she says after her next report to the court she feels certain the judge will decide in our favor. She talked to C herself and knows the stress he is under. Even at age 3 he is able to explain loud and clear that he wants the only mommy he has ever known.

Sue will be very upset today. She firmly believes she is doing what is right for C. Please pray for her as you pray for C and all of us here. She is a good person and loves C as we do. She just is unable to see the stress and anguish it causes C to be away from his family.

Bubby
July 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
I continue to pray that the right thing for C will come about.

cyndiofthevortex
July 23rd, 2014, 04:30 PM
I continue to pray that the right thing for C will come about.This is our prayer, too, may God's will be done. We just add, please let him stay with us!

SallyO'Sews
July 25th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cyndi, I just saw this post - been away from the forum for a few days. But please know I have not forgotten you or your precious family in prayer. Glad to hear the good news, but I will not stop praying until the ink dries on those adoption papers! Okay, even after... :)
Blessings, dear quilty friend, for a peaceful weekend.
~ Sally