PDA

View Full Version : Taking the road less traveled.....literally!

Slokarma
July 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
I live in the country and the towns around here are considered small. So it's always a surprise when I see a new business that I hadn't see before.

I took a different way home from the grocery this past weekend. It was just outside of town and I saw a sign. "The Sewing Room". HUH? I came home and looked it up and the info was a bit outdated, but to sum it up, it's for quilters to come and take a private lesson by yourself or with a friend or just a place to come over and sew OR rent a long arm machine!!!! There is a three hour lesson that is mandatory and then you can rent it for your own use!!!!!!! I don't think it's 8 miles from my house! Where have I been????

I emailed her and it all sounds very informal and the picture looks like a little cottage in the country. I can't wait to see what this is all about! Happy Dance!!

Bubby
July 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
I would be doing a happy dance, too! I hope it turns out to be something enjoyable for you. Living in the country myself, I know how exciting something like this can be!

MayinJerset
July 22nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Sounds great and proves that you never know what's hiding around the corner, or in this place down another road.
Let us know how you make out.

MRoy
July 22nd, 2014, 11:09 AM
That's great! There is a long arm quilter close to me. I wish she would give lessons and rent machine time.

Pandabear
July 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
What great luck! Let us know how it goes.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 22nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
Sounds delightful and a great small business plan!

MariaNaito
July 22nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
How exciting and totally unexpected.:icon_bigsmile: Sounds perfect if you can learn how and rent a long arm. I have yet to even see one, but form what I've seen online they look really cool.

Kat 2
July 22nd, 2014, 12:07 PM
Sounds wonderful, I live in the country also and would love to have access to something like that too. Have fun and enjoy.

laura44
July 22nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Lucky you!!!

klgls
July 22nd, 2014, 03:31 PM
What a happy find!!! Let us know how you enjoy the long-arm.

Iris Girl
July 22nd, 2014, 04:38 PM
wow happy find enjoy!

kensington
July 22nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
Go for it! At the very least you may meet other quilters you can hook up with to sew and retreat! Have fun!