PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile Pic Heavy Warning

Blondie
July 22nd, 2014, 07:07 AM

Happy Tuesday folksies!

I think I am eventually gonna land and touch terra firma in a bit. As you know, I've been up in the clouds with Eleanor Joy. My sweet little "Yorkers" left yesterday morning. I am still rather bereft and missing that sweet little voice and holding hands.

(son paul and nora)

We had tons of playtime - mostly coloring, reading and in the cool of the morning and evening, we picked blackberries, blueberries, played with bubbles and did one of Nora's favorite actitivities - Run, Gramma, Run. Faster, Gramma, Faster. (no, nora, no . . .)

We got mosquito bites and a few naps; got to see a bobcat run across the backyard while we were picking blackberries and made a dirty face eating tacos and spaghetti. We had loads of fun making blueberry muffins and mixed berry cobbler.

During their visit they stayed with my Mom in the evening since she has better accomodations.

(Nora with GG Ruth)
The whole entire clan from all over this area came to visit and son and family also went to visit some old school pals, teachers, etc. All in all, it was a fabulous visit. All my angst disappeared when I saw Eleanor walking through the front door, holding up her hand and saying, "Hi Gramma". All my cleaning was worth it. hahaha.

I need to stop this. I am going to weep again. Friends, hearing Gramma for the for time did something to this head and heart as many of you well know. My son has a lovely, lovely family. I am more than happy for him, my heart is satisfied once more that he married well. The visit was extended a few days which was a brilliant surprise for us. The kids just decided to stay longer.

Off to see what I've been missing. Have a wonderful day, folksies. Be sure and laugh or at least SMILE!

(Nora with dd Auntie Sarah)

Monique
July 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM
Blondie how marvelous. I had no doubt that you were having a ball. You have made some wonderful memories for Nora to remember. My heart swells for you and I have tears in my eyes. Welcome back.

Another work day, and more quilting done. Hubby is back from his little trip. The guys also had a wonderful time golfing.

Looks like today is going to be a scorcher. It is cool right now, I have opened the windows to let the cool air in.

You made me smile this morning with tales of Nora.

Have a great day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 22nd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Oh, Blondie! What a darling little Blondie you have! And I'll never forget the first time my first grandson burst out of the house to greet us as we drove up with that "Hi, Gramma!" When he was about 2! ( he was shy with us before then and we scared him because we were determined to smother him with kisses!). It sounds you had about as perfect a visit as possible! Thank you for sharing your wonderful week! We all imagined how much fun you were having all week long, and it sounds like you exceeded our imagination!

Still working away at costume details, we may get done! But more work today! But in two weeks, I will be done and visiting my grandsons in Iowa, so I'll get to enjoy that special feeling Blondie just experienced!

Bubby
July 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
Blondie,

Welcome back to the forum. I know how it hurts when the kids leave after a wonderful visit. Nora is absolutely a total Doll! I'm thrilled that you had a great visit.

Today will be a grand day to stay indoors. It's supposed to be scorching hot with very high humidity. I need to try to make a batch of dog food for the Girls and wash a load or two of clothes. I'm taking some meds right now that knock the starch out of me.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Madeforyouinma11
July 22nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Oh Blondie, Nora is just beautiful! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful week. How cool that they extended their visit. You'll have to set up an album so we can see all the pics you took while they were here.
I'm feeling pretty good today, so my daughter Jessica is coming with Julia and we are going to take her to the beach...well it's a pond really. I used to take my three there when they were younger. We would go with some of the girls I worked with and their children and get there when they opened and stay until they closed. We would pack up the coolers with lunch and dinner. They had grills available so we would cook burgers and dogs, they would swim, play on the playground and get ice cream from the ice cream man in the afternoons. We even had a couple of birthday parties there. I can't believe that I now get to take my little Julia to the same place is used to bring her mom.
Ok, ya, I'm excited! Making meatballs and getting them in the crockpot with sauce so dinner will be ready when I get home...yumm
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Blondie, I hope you get to rest a little today.

Barb, how do you make your dog food?

HandsOffItsMine
July 22nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Blondie, Nora has grown so much! :) She's so YOU! lol I'm surprised she didn't chase the bobcat with "Here kitty, kitty!" hehe

I'm sure Mama Ruth and family were also in love with here, Luscious Larry spoiling her as well! Nothing like hearing "Gramma" to make your heart sing...

Huggers and Love, Ruby and Don

Iris Girl
July 22nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Blondie so glad to have you back you were missed! Sounds and looks like you had a perfect time and Nora is just beautiful!

MRoy
July 22nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
Blondie, Nora is adorable and a mini you! I know you've had a wonderful week and miss her terribly now.

My grandkids are still asleep here this morning. The kids and I are planning a lunch out with bowling this afternoon. It's nice to be able to have them here and not have to go to work. A trip to the grocery is coming up too cause they've about eaten us out of house and home. :)

pcbatiks
July 22nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Good morning. Blondie so glad you had such a great time with Nora & family. She is a cutie! Your post made me smile too! :D

Claire Hallman
July 22nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
How wonderful the visit must have been. I was surprised at how grown Nora is, hard to believe it has been that long since she was born. I love it when our grands are around even though the baby isn't doing much but an occasional smile it is wonderful just to have that little boy in my arms. Emma is growing like a weed but hasn't said Grandma yet. She is a little backward in her talking skills but I am sure once she gets started there will be no shutting her up.
I am glad it was a great visit for you all.
We are taking the new pup to the vet today of another round of puppy shots, then exercise, then I hope to get some more of this My Blue Heaven done. There are lots and lots of little pieces in it but it is looking good so far.

ravelim
July 22nd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie what a pretty little girl Nora is. I think the others are right. She's a mini Blondie. Glad you had fun.

Working on my sewing room again today. Have go through old things (yuck) and put others in it's space.

Remembered that I was in hospital when kids had anniversary. So....I made a table topper for from a panel. I'm going to do the other one today? And put the tractor fabric for backing ,scraps I used for Rod's t-shirt quilt. Our son always played with little tractors when he was little,he even has a bunch of those tractor toys decorating his bathroom. He's the only guy in a female household so they let him have his own bathroom. Haha.

Smile like Blondie says hugs for everyone. Better get started.

New York Sue
July 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Oh, Blondie!
Such lovely, lovely pics.
Thanks for sharing. I know you must be to the 'moon and back' by now!

CrazyMtnLady
July 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Good morning... How beautiful that precious little one is. And your mom looks absolutely wonderful.

I got a wonderful gift in the mail from May in Jersey letting me know she was thinking about me. I do need to just make time to get back in here and say hello to all my friends. I have been missing everyone.

Been really busy cleaning up the place. Things are still shaking here as far as the marriage goes.. but I did tell him that if he has any hope of me staying... then the "white trash mountain" look as got to go! No more bringing home riding lawnmowers that don't work and just sit around and rust, or anything else for that matter. I think he got the picture! :)

Will be back outside doing more today. Sore, achy muscles and all. Unless we go to town. Do need to put some things in the fridge!

Take care all
hugs and prayers

MayinJerset
July 22nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
Jean pegged it correctly, Nora is little Miss Blondie. No missing how much fun she's having picking berries and just being at Grandma's with exciting things like bobcats passing by and hanging with her great grandma too, she's is going to make sure there are plenty of visits in the future.

Photos put a smile on all of our faces, for you dear Blondie and for ourselves remembering things we've done with our grandkids when they were little and really enjoyed being with us. Nowadays grandpa is a bit more important than grandma as he can fix things around their homes or help the 17 year old one with a photography assignment due when school opens in Sept.

sewbizzy
July 22nd, 2014, 10:14 AM
Blondie, I'm so happy you had a "grand" time with your granddaughter and family....grandchildren are definitely a gift from God!

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
WELCOME HOME!!!! Can you tell we've missed you? (Thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures.)

We've had a raccoon coming in on a pretty frequent basis to raid hummingbird and regular bird feeders, so DH set out to trap him. He's off for a trek to the river to release the scoundrel. My brother-in-law says the raccoon can beat Al home . . . and will bring four or five buddies with him.

Got a lot of work done on my "Home is Where the Haunt Is" wall hanging, so I'm prepared for August's instructions. This is turning out so cute . . . I'm not much on wall hangings, so not sure what I'll actually do with it.

Here's the best part of my day . . . got an e-mail that my sewing machine is ready for pick up. All that damaging noise I heard was because I threw a belt (durned enclosed machines . . . I could have fixed that myself). Anyway, while watching the Food Network last night Al zoomed in on Guy Fieri who was at BB's BBQ in Kansas City, MO . . . so guess what we're having for lunch? They have a pulled pork sundae . . . and my mouth is watering. This ole gal do luves me some bbq!

So good to see our friend Donna peeking in again!! Sure hope you know how much we've missed you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun-filled, sunshiny day . . . it is supposed to be a scorcher here.

New York Sue
July 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
My bad.
We have missed you Dear Donna. Check in more frequently, chica!

aliaslaceygreen
July 22nd, 2014, 11:22 AM
Oh, Blondie! How absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!! Nora is beautiful. I am SO glad that all of you had such fun and made such memories!!!!

This is what OUR yesterday was like:

Laylabug was so tired at the dinner table she couldn't hold her head up.
Tatiana has been moved to a crate because she is having litterbox issues. I walked out of the room and found Laylabug in there, door closed, with a spoon in her hand so she could feed the cat!

Toddlers and kitties....

MayinJerset
July 22nd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Another grandchild cutie, little Laylabug! Boo Hoo all these wonderful photos is making me miss those days with my grandkids, nowadays they range from 13 to 32, definitely well passed the really cute stage.

EnumclawGramma
July 22nd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Good Morning everyone and welcome back Blondie! I guess you really can tell how much you're loved and missed here! The pictures are priceless! What an ANGEL!!! Mini you for sure! It sounds like you were able to squeeze every ounce of joy out of every minute so you have wonderful memories to enjoy again and again. Grandchildren. Just nothing like them, is there?

Looks like it rained a little last night, so it's much cooler today. We're getting ready for family from NY coming in tomorrow evening. Backyard and deck are done, carpet cleaned, a few other projects inside to finish up and I may be ready. As long as they stay out of closets LOL!!!

Off to it! Have a wonderful day everyone. Hugs/Prayers all 'round!

alliek
July 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Blondie! Your Nora is a sweetie. How blessed to have her visit and spend this wonderful time with you. You have begun some beautiful memories for her. Nothing can be sweeter than to be surrounded by family. What a great picture of your mom and Nora! So happy to hear from you again.

auntiemern
July 22nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Welcome back Blondie and Donna. My dear, dear Blondie, I thought of you often during your absence and just knew you were in hog heaven with little miss Nora. What a joy to hear that she got to do the things you love to with you. I can just see the smiles and giggles that were shared. I have always had my DGK's just a short drive from me, and cannot imagine not being able to see them daily, or at east any time I wanted. Your beautiful story of sharing time with your little angel made my heart sing and brought a tear to my eyes as well. Glad to have you back with us.

Judy, USMC
July 22nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
So happy that you had more time than expected with them! Nora is such a cutie ... and that pic with your mom is precious. Glad to see you back here.

laura44
July 22nd, 2014, 02:40 PM
Sounds like a wonderful visit. It was touching to read your thread.
My 1st thought was that she looks SO much like you.
Lucky you, you are very blessed!

Carol336
July 22nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Oh Blondie - what a sweetie your Nora is.......it's plain to see that you had a fabulous visit. We missed you here on the forum, but we knew you were having the time of your life with your precious family and what a wonderful surprise that they decided to stay longer!!!!!

kensington
July 22nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Happy Tuesday to you too Blondie!

MarianneK
July 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
I usually lurk but felt the need to chime in, Nora looks just like a mini-you, Blondie! Very cute, sounds like such a fun visit.

Live to Quilt
July 22nd, 2014, 04:52 PM
I just usually read post but also had to say what cutie little Nora is and glad to have your happiness back.
Jean Anne

K. McEuen
July 22nd, 2014, 04:56 PM
Wait, what happened to that little baby that your son had? It doesn't seem like it has been long enough for her to have grown that much. Nora looks a lot like my daughter at that age.

Navy Wife
July 22nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
I have really enjoyed catching up with everyone. So many exciting adventures and beautiful visitors! We are still in Wisconsin and have had a great summer so far. The weather has been perfect, except today feels like south Florida! We have visited with our DD and her 2 children, their spouses and our great grandson, Jake. He's cute as a bug at 11 months old, but so roly poly that I can't lift him!

I have done a little quilting, but not as much as I had planned. Finished off a batik which just came back from the quilter. I named it Memories of Kanaohe. It reminds me of good times in Hawaii with our DS and DIL.

One more month here and we start for home. Our youngest son is moving from DC to Oakridge. I can't believe they will be so close after all these years. Lots of new things going on. I don't know when the wifi will work again, so will be in touch when I can. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the summer.

Linda

Ginny B
July 22nd, 2014, 10:39 PM
Blondie I had been thinking of you and your very special visitors and just knew you were smiling 24/7. Love the pictures. Sure sounds like it was an absolutely fantastic family time.

BellasQuilts
July 22nd, 2014, 11:12 PM
Yes, miss Nora is a mini YOU! What fun you had and extra days on top! Heavenly. I understand about being called Grandma. Mr. Reagan hollered NANA! at the top of his lungs the other day in the supermarket. He wanted me to see him! I was a puddle. I'm so very happy for you that you had such a great time!

Lenie
July 23rd, 2014, 04:07 AM
Nora is so pretty! So good that you had a wonderful time with them! <3