PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

JAM
July 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
There are times in your life, where the sun just doesn't seem to shine as brightly. I'm experiencing a cloudy time right now.
Usualy quilting has walked me through some of these days, not this time.
Of course everything else goes on and somehow you still function. You know pulling the covers over your head won't make it any better. Thats when you retreat to your sewing machine and just sew.

But I didn't even wanted to look at my fabrics anymore, no loving touch running over it. I seriously was thinking of giving it all up and donating it to someone.

Just this morning I was browsing through this site, taking a look at the show and tell. Here I saw a quilt that was beautifully made by Lady Jane. She also mentioned where she found the pattern.

This quilt awakened my desire again, so I opted to buy the magazine, unfortunately for me, you could only downlaod it. (Wouldn't work for me, my Comp. has issues). So of course my bubble was crushed.

Hulamoon read my disappointment and helped me out tremendous. Thanks to the research of Hulamoon, I bought the Magazine through eBay.

To some of you this may not be a big deal, but it is a ray of sunshine coming through for me.

So thank you, to Lady Jane and Hulamoon and also to so many of you who pick up the unraveled pieces that needed a stitch to hold it together again.

Thank you all so much

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2014, 02:25 PM
You do know, right, that is the main reason so many of us keep coming back to this forum? Everyone is uplifting and when you are down someone will be there to show you the silver linings . . . Keep on stitching and share your project when you can.

alliek
July 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
It's always the little things that make a huge difference, A touch, a word or a favor. Feel better. God Bless - Thank you msqc for this arena that enables us to reach across and "hug" someone.

EsGrandma
July 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Really touched by your post - also, at times, struggle and have found the caring people of this forum so caring. Look forward to hearing and seeing your quilt.

Susann
July 20th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Sending hugs and smiles your way!

easyquilts
July 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM
The love,ms up port and help we all find here IS a big deal.... These guys will stick with you no matter what....

I know.... So many times they have sat and listened to me tell them how I really feel....no pretending here... I'm not the only one, either..... This is the "safe place" for many of us.... I know it is for me.... and I thank God for it.

Kgrammiecaz
July 20th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Jam, your message is truly a reminder of what the people of this forum are about.

I am happy you came here for support. I am looking forward to seeing the colors you pick for your version of the quilt.

Feel better soon

JAM
July 20th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you all of you wonderful angels, so much. I know eventually my sun will shine again, but right now is just really stormy.
That's why I've found you, to warm the ice from within.

MayinJerset
July 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Just a great story, one that reinforces why so many of us are here at M* forum. Happy that you are feeling a bit better about things, probably things you can't change, but getting your interest in quilting back again will help you deal with whatever you have to. 82461

Hulamoon
July 20th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I just can't thank you enough for thanking me. I'm so happy I was able to help you out. I have been in the lows recently too so even though I don't know what your going through I do know how it feels to be blue. I come here to relieve stress and for fun. I could be sewing more though. lol

I can't wait to see your happy quilt :)

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 21st, 2014, 12:29 AM
I just can't thank you enough for thanking me. I'm so happy I was able to help you out. I have been in the lows recently too so even though I don't know what your going through I do know how it feels to be blue. I come here to relieve stress and for fun. I could be sewing more though. lol

I can't wait to see your happy quilt :)

You're being a friend to me in a tough time too, Lorie. And happy quilting, JAM. I hope we can all get through the clouds together.