PDA

View Full Version : The second most disturbing video, I have EVER seen....

New York Sue
July 19th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I co-worker shared a video with me at work, that she also shared on, of all things, Facebook. It was someone filming the scene of a fatal car crash. I cannot shake the images, and cannot for the life of me understand WHY anyone would think this would be suitable to film, let alone share. Young people, mutilated and mangled, taking their last breaths. No one tried to help or comfort them... One of the victims tried to get up, and not one of the spectators attempted to calm him....
REALLY? What if this was your son or daughter, dying alone on the pavement?

A couple years back, I was at the scene of an accident on an Interstate. The car was flipped over in the passing lane, and all I could see was an arm dangling down in the front passenger seat. A guy was taking pics on his cell phone, as I neared the car to assess the situation. I almost clocked him in the head!

My daughter overheard a conversation between two volunteer firefighters. Seems their 'chief' is notorious for taking pics at fatal, or near-fatal accidents. Really? The 'chief'?? AWESOME leadership, dude....

STOP the world. I gotta get off...

Sorry for venting, chicas. (SIGH, SIGH....Another SIGH)

easyquilts
July 19th, 2014, 11:38 PM
The idea of putting picture taking over actually helping someone sickens me.... What is wrong with people who for these things?

kensington
July 20th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Was it trying to bring awareness to texting and driving? I've seen some that do that. I can't watch them.

New York Sue
July 20th, 2014, 12:24 AM
It was a warning about texting.
But way too graphic! It's haunting me....
WHY do people behave like this?

Texas Jean
July 20th, 2014, 02:03 AM
It sometimes seems as though the younger generations are immune to the pain and suffering of others. But, just when you think there is no hope for the world, you see or read of young people risking their own lives to help total strangers. I recently watched a video of a police officer trying to drag a drunk 350 pound man off of the freeway and other motorists stopped to help.

stationarymom
July 20th, 2014, 02:23 AM
the fire chief may take pics to use for training purposes. I know my son and some others are on our call fire dept. they don't always have money for training exercises.It is possible that the chief wants to recall exact positions etc so they can reenact accident scenes and practice the proper way to save people.

Sheena
July 20th, 2014, 04:20 AM
That's dreadful. Once the picture's in your head it's so difficult if not impossible, to get rid of it. Have a really long close look at something nice; get two nice pistures in yourhead, say one of some flowers in your garden and looka t them really closely so you can see how they are consturcted, and get another picture on your head of, say the seaside or a forest walk. When the bad picutres come up in your head immediately replace them with the nice ones. I find this helps.

Claire Hallman
July 20th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I am pretty sure the whole point is to stick that image in your head so you will think twice the next time you wish to text and drive. I am also pretty sure it won't work. When I get something fattening to eat, all the mental pictures of grossly fat folks will not stop me from eating it.
Kids do not think they could make those mistakes, they are invincible:(.

Slokarma
July 20th, 2014, 09:57 AM
There are picture taking fools everywhere, just waiting to get a picture of something / anything. I'm not sure if it's just for bragging rights or they get some kind of payment.

Vonnie
July 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I guess it's close to 45 years ago that I took Driver's Ed. They showed those type of movies back then and they were taken by the police or highway patrol.

And I still remember some of those images! :(

We made our kids take drivers ed before we allowed them behind the wheel. I don't think they showed those types of movies then. The last one must of taken his class about 10 years ago. I'm not sure they allow those movies in the schools anymore. I'm pretty sure my boys would have told me about them.

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2014, 10:39 AM
The world is full of what I call 'lookie-loos' however, as shown in some of the comments here, there are some good things that come from this - and one is allowing emergency personnel the opportunity to see just what caused an accident. It can help in engineering design or other types education to help prevent something similar.

However, putting this stuff up on the internet for sensationalism doesn't really make me a warm and happy puppy.