PDA

View Full Version : I am an idiot!

Meli
July 19th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I have spent the last week or so obsessing about finding/making some good tasting lactose-free ice cream that my husband can eat. Something milk-based rather than soy or coconut-based. A couple days ago, I bought an ice cream maker attachment for my kitchenaid mixer. And last night, I found a recipe to use, so I set about to make some ice cream. I followed the recipe, made the ice cream. I just watched my husband eat some. And then I watched him open the fridge. And realized I had used whole milk to make the ice cream. NOT the Lactose-free milk, but regular, lactose-filled milk. Which completely defeats the purpose of making ice cream for my husband.

I. Am. An. Idiot.

Miss Sheri
July 19th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry, (tiny giggle), I hate it when that happens. It seems to happen to me a lot too!

easyquilts
July 19th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Oh.... I'm so sorry.... This kind if thing happens to me fairly often, so I know how frustrating iy is.

I once decided to make a healthy chili for my husband....used ground turkey, instead of ground chuck.... To make it more tasty, I added my husband's favorite spicy sausage..... The chili was no longer "healthy ", and I felt so stupid....

Jess1377
July 19th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Awww, your heart was in the right place, at least there's more for you even though that wasn't your plan. I bet he appreciated your efforts. Hugs to you!

K. McEuen
July 19th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Now, the question is did you tell him about your oops?

My daughter likes the coconut based ice creams they sell in the store, much better than the soy stuff.

Hulamoon
July 19th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Can you fit two batches in your freezer? I bought one of these. It might be a good alternative.
Banana Ice Cream Maker & Recipes | Yonanas (http://yonanas.com/)

Mine's an older model and not so pretty.

Meli
July 19th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I HAD to tell him about it! When he eats dairy, he has to take pills to help him digest the lactose. Believe me when I tell you he is kind of annoyed with me at the moment. He had some last night around 2:00am and it generally takes about 24 hours for dairy to give him problems. I've been informed he plans to wake me up in the middle of the night so I can hang out in the bathroom with him and share his pain. Can't wait.

Now, the question is did you tell him about your oops?

My daughter likes the coconut based ice creams they sell in the store, much better than the soy stuff.

Sheena
July 20th, 2014, 05:00 AM
You didn't have to eat the rest of the ice cream yourself did you? ;)

Peggi
July 20th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Has he tried frozen yogurt? I'm also lactose-intolerant. I have to take the pills with ice cream, but I can eat frozen yogurt with no problem. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, yippeee!!

bubba
July 20th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Look at the bright side, you can be part of the night owl club tonight!!

BellasQuilts
July 20th, 2014, 11:16 PM
My question is: how did it taste?

ilive2craft2
July 20th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I feel your pain Meli - I do silly stuff all of the time and sometimes am the recipient. Since he took the meds, I hope he is not up during the night! Did you label the rest of that batch and make another one?

Our anniversary was yesterday and my husband got me some lovely chocolate from a local chocolate shop - they do lots of stuff in house. However, he got ones with nuts in them - he is not sure what kind....I am allergic to walnuts.....it is the thought that counts, right? I hope he enjoys them!