PDA

View Full Version : Holy schmoley!

bubba
July 18th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Watching the news. There are several wildfires burning in Eastern Washington right now. An entire town of 600 people burned down last night.

Massive wildfire burns homes, leads to evacuations | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Growing-wildfire-empties-Washington-town-267649041.html)

I just can't imagine this......Please keep the fire fighters in your thoughts.

WendyI
July 18th, 2014, 03:12 PM
This is so very sad :(

Pegger
July 18th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I am saddened by the news. Disaster is hard on anyone it hits. I will keep them all in my prayers and thoughts.

Sandy Navas
July 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Sending prayer - I have many friends who are firefighters and they truly risk their lives to control these raging flames. So sad to have folks loosing everything.

kensington
July 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Oh my... certainly will be praying for them.

Vonnie
July 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I consider firefighters and police officers as our home town heroes. They risk their lives to keep us safe.

bubba
July 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Here is another news article.....they have been interviewing people all afternoon. I just can't believe it.

Washington state residents flee wildfire that has torched 35 homes | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696982/Growing-wildfire-empties-Washington-town.html)

EnumclawGramma
July 18th, 2014, 10:57 PM
They now have a Facebook page to post if they need a place to stay or a pasture for animals etc. It won't be long before I am able to see smoke from where I am.
We have company coming in from NY next week and wanted to take them to Leavenworth, not sure that can happen now.....

bubba
July 18th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I don't think I'd dare go over to Leavenworth....what if you got stuck?

whippetmom
July 18th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I do not think you can get to Leavenworth. They said tonight that Hwy 2 was closed from Stevens Pass to Leavenworth. Hwy 97 (?) is closed, the one that goes over Blewitt Pass. I am also hoping there are no more fires started by the system coming in this week-end, the winds are fierce over there now.

bubba
July 19th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I also saw that about Highway 2 on last nights news. I have some good friends over at Lake Chelan right now. Hope they make it back safely.

laura44
July 19th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Praying for everyone, I'm from CA so I know how dry it is in the western
states. Pray for rain.

bubba
July 19th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Their main problem right now is the winds....they need to die down. Last night they didn't calm down at all.

whippetmom
July 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Winds they say have calmed down but still somewhat gusty, tomorrow will be better I hope. Possible rain on west side, (not for us), but this week will be better and hopefully help those poor guys over there. They are worried about possible thunderstorms from the front moving in. Our new next door neighbors, the guy is a fireman, he is worried about this summer also.

rosaliekimbrell
July 19th, 2014, 04:40 PM
My son lives in Lake Chelan. I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he told me that 6 of the men he works with lost their homes in the Pateros fire. So sad. I hope they get it under control soon!

toggpine
July 20th, 2014, 02:07 AM
One of our friends lost their place there. She said some folks barely had time to get out, and they couldn't round up their animals. Thankfully for them, they didn't have family or animals there at the time.

Our local Fire Department sent a truck & small crew (3 or 4) over to work as a strike team protecting structures. I pray for all of the people and firefighters dealing with this.

bubba
July 20th, 2014, 02:14 AM
I just started another post. My nephew and his family live in Cheney, they are packing up now to evacuate sometime during the night.