PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY at last.

Monique
July 18th, 2014, 07:21 AM

What a day yesterday. I arrived at work to find that we had been robbed. YUP. They came in through a window in the basement of the church and worked their way in. Luckily they left footprints and finger prints behind. It was an extremely long day as the post office was closed until 3 pm. I also had a bag with muffins and tampons which I had bought the day before which they also took. I hope they choked on both. Luckily they did not touch my quilt which I had left there (they would have to die for that).

I am a little apprehensive this morning hoping they did not return last night. The police were fairly confident that the little bastards would be caught. Pardon my english.

On a happy note, Greg receives his commendation today. What a proud moment as a mom. Can you tell?

Also received fabric in the mail yesterday that I had ordered from Fabric Shack. Only took a week. WOW! And a email from Fat Quarter Shop saying they mailed me a T-Shirt I had won that says "Sew What".

Hubby is packed and all set to go. The 'boys' are really looking forward to their golfing weekend. I have made myself a t-do list of things I need to do around here.

I wish all of you a great weekend. And smile because it is free.

MayinJerset
July 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Good Morning Proud Momma, You boy is doing great. You had some excitement at your job yesterday, kind of scary just thinking about how they wormed themselves in. Shame on them for breaking into a church to rob it.

I have to begin getting my stuff ready for tomorrow's retreat, clothes, challenge quilt and show and tell quilts are ready, just need to put together a project to sew. It's a mini retreat for me but most of the gals and guys have been there since Thursday and it will be good to catch up with them while we work on our projects. Will be doing some fabric shopping on the way to retreat, with so many fabric shops in the Lancaster PA area I should be able to find the right shade of gray for DGD's engagement quilt. Last resort is the quilt shop that the retreat is in.

Monique
July 18th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Aw May have a wonderful time. If you can get to the Fabric Shack in Bird-in-Hand, their pre-cuts are a really good price.

HandsOffItsMine
July 18th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Hope those little bastards choke on those tampons/muffins too Monique! lol On the upside, let's get some cute photos of Greg getting that accommodation! :D

We're all excited that the Kids/GKs are making it home from their Calif Wedding trip tonight! YeaHoo! It's been a long 2 weeks for this Mama/Oma - for some reason this has been a trip full of angst for me, just did not like having them away from me. Going to get some groceries for them this afternoon, I know that Kat will be tired after 10-12 hours in the car and I don't want her to have to go back out. Plus I want to at least hug/kiss them all no matter what time they get in tonight . hehe

Tomorrow I'm making an Indonesian Rice Table at their house to welcome them back and Matt's Mom/Stepdad will join us. Kat stocked up at 99 Ranch Market in California with Sweet Soy Sauce and other Indonesian goodies that we can't find out here in GA. Dad/Ine send care packages from Holland but Sweet Soy Sauce I normally have to make from scratch now (PITA). Great to have Kat pick it up for next to nothing by the gallon! lol

Don already left to Enterprise, I already Chatted with Acer computers to solve an Ethernet problem, now with you, lets see if my energy holds up to do some sewing...

Have a great day all!

Huggers, Ruby

Ginny B
July 18th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone. Beautiful day here.
Monique, how awful to go into work and find that you were robbed. Sure glad they left your quilt. We would have had to form a posse to go get that back.

May, have a wonderful time at your retreat.

This weekend my sister and I will be visiting a few cemeteries. We are working on the family tree and we are going to fill in some information. We have been talking about doing this for quite a while.

Then I am hoping to be able to head to the beach Sunday morning for a few hours. I have a few orders that I need to be working on so some sewtime will be on the agenda too at some point. We have the date for the Holiday craft fair where dh works so I wasn't too start putting things together for that so that it isn't a mad rush at the last minute. Ha ha, I bet it still will be. There always seems to be a few more things in the final days before that I just have to make.

And Congratulations Monique on your sons accomplishment. :)

Well, have a great Friday everyone.

shermur
July 18th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Morning, all!

Still unpacking and finding out there will be one heck of a garage sale! Going from 2200 sq ft of house to 1400 sq ft...not near enough room for all the questionable stuff!
Yesterday I was going through boxes and didn't realize how much memorabilia and photos I had. And course, they need to be organized before I can even think about finding them a spot in the house.
The sewing room is slowly but surely getting organized; again, limited space than what I had before. I did sew a string block yesterday just to see if the sewing machine was OK after the move.
The house in Lee's Summit has had issues; the new carpet has fleas and the cleaning wasn't up to par per the agent. She wants us to pay for extermination of the fleas and pay to have the house professionally cleaned. I have advised her that we can do a little of her requests....but it is limited. I'm still looking for a job and the agent needs to realize that funds aren't available to do all she thinks needs to be done. I will be so glad when the house selling nightmare is over.....

Doloris
July 18th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Morning, all!

Still unpacking and finding out there will be one heck of a garage sale! Going from 2200 sq ft of house to 1400 sq ft...not near enough room for all the questionable stuff!
Yesterday I was going through boxes and didn't realize how much memorabilia and photos I had. And course, they need to be organized before I can even think about finding them a spot in the house.
The sewing room is slowly but surely getting organized; again, limited space than what I had before. I did sew a string block yesterday just to see if the sewing machine was OK after the move.
The house in Lee's Summit has had issues; the new carpet has fleas and the cleaning wasn't up to par per the agent. She wants us to pay for extermination of the fleas and pay to have the house professionally cleaned. I have advised her that we can do a little of her requests....but it is limited. I'm still looking for a job and the agent needs to realize that funds aren't available to do all she thinks needs to be done. I will be so glad when the house selling nightmare is over.....
send the agent some money and tell her to go buy some flea bombs and set them off. The house is empty so that will work easily and cheaply. As for the cleaning, as long as it is not filthy, and I'm sure it is not, most people will do their own cleaning when they buy it anyway. Sometimes agents get carried away with their requests. When we were trying to sell our house, we had it listed with 1 real estate agent/company. When that contract ran out we were not happy with how they were doing, so switched to another agent/company and the house sold in just a couple weeks. Might be worth a try to switch agents when you can. Some work more aggressively than others.

Sandy Navas
July 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Ahhh, getting up in cool weather is a treat - 58 degrees this morning. WHAT? It's the middle of July . . . and I'm groovin' in it.

Sounds as if everyone is busy - I'm heading to Canada to join the Mounties to help catch Monique's invaders. What jerks - and I'll bet she's right in describing them as 'little bastards' - we had a break-in one time and the damage was just unbelievable. Kids were caught - they were bored with school so decided to skip. You want to know the weirdest though? Our neighbor saw them kick in a basement window and go in - but didn't call the police because he thought we'd given them permission. They put a 10 pound bag of cement in the washing machine and then ran it . . . yeah, we gave them permission: NOT!

Don't know what's on my agenda today. So I'll leave you with good thoughts, prayers where needed, laughter and smiles. Yeah, SMILES. That's the longest word in the dictionary, you know. What? You didn't know that? There's a MILE between the two S's.

shermur
July 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Dolores...per the agent, she set off bombs three different times. But, the agent neglected to vacuum after each bombing. So, now she had an exterminator go in and treat the house. So, far, we're over $200 getting this recent fiasco nipped in the bud....

ravelim
July 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Monique,how awful to have been robbed. We might have had to have a posse.lol
Congratulations on your sons honor. It's always a great honor to watch your children acknowledged for their accomplishments. Woo-hoo as my DD would say.

Have a fun time at the retreat, May.

House agents are jerks sometimes. Hugs to you for working through it.

We are still working on my sewing room -as we will be for eternity.BUT we did get a few things put in the room. And I can sew in there. DH said he wasn't going to do without me being able to sew and vent my feelings. Lol.
He's a smart guy.

We're working on stabilizing my blood sugar. Well,things are going well. And, this time I'm actually losing weight like most people do the first time they do the blood sugar thing. Woo-hoo. Anyway-just to celebrate a little with you-I've lost 12 lbs.

Beautiful day here. Getting a little warmer as it will over the weekend they say. But we have had such beautiful weather this last week.

Have a fun day everyone and hugs to all that need them.

Doloris
July 18th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Dolores...per the agent, she set off bombs three different times. But, the agent neglected to vacuum after each bombing. So, now she had an exterminator go in and treat the house. So, far, we're over $200 getting this recent fiasco nipped in the bud....

I would say agent error, agent cost. I know that's not how it goes, but it should

Sandy Navas
July 18th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I would say agent error, agent cost. I know that's not how it goes, but it should

Borax sprinkled on the carpets - let set for a day or so and then vacuum. They have to get the eggs, too!!

BellasQuilts
July 18th, 2014, 11:54 AM
We went camping with group of friends. Set up the trailer and DH stepped out of the trailer into a gopher hole. I had placed our mat under the steps, but there was a collapsed gopher hole under the mat that you couldn't see. It was covered with dry grass. He really twisted his ankle. It kept swelling and he was getting shocky so we went to the ER. No break but he's on crutches now. So, have to run over later today to get the trailer and bring it home. We were not meant to go camping. Last week we arrived a week too early and now....Sigh. Poor DH, he keeps saying he's sorry he ruined MY weekend! I feel so bad for him. Any weekend I spend with him is a wonderful one.

fatquarters
July 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Oh Monique, that really ruffles my feathers, I sure hope they are caught. Thank goodness they didn't get your fabric shack order!

Sandy....a 10 lb. bag of cement in washer?!?!?! REALLY. very creative

Have a great Friday everyone

toggpine
July 18th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Morning!

I'm kinda bummed out. I had paid for a certification on the longarm machine at our LQS. With the drama of the boys this spring I had to postpone the lesson. I went in yesterday to our PHD group and was going to set up the date for next week to take the class and found out they don't do that anymore.
Apparently the machine they purchased, expressly for the purpose of being able to offer this service to their customers, wasn't designed to take that heavy of use. It broke down, badly, and they were told if they continued to use it in that fashion they would void their warranty. I do not know what they did with the previous machine (I can't remember the brand), but they now have a huge Gammil that runs purely on computer programming.
So I am sad that I don't have the availability of that option for my quilts, but on the other hand, I'm glad I didn't take the class and then find out I can't do anything with the certification anyhow. They have offered to either refund my $ or put it towards other store merchandise. They were pretty disappointed in the situation too. There are a few other places that have similar machines I could go learn on, but this was closer to home! Oh well. I guess I'll just Push & Pull a few of these quilts through my little machine and make it work!
Speaking of work, today is a work day and tomorrow I am off to judge a youth dairy goat show. Whoo hoo!
You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

WendyI
July 18th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I am 5 hours away from 2 weeks and two days of vacation!! That's pretty much summing up my day. I'm at work ugh. Waiting. Trying to concentrate and have already completed most of the tasks I had set for the day because I'm hyper! (can you tell much?). Trailer and truck are almost all packed and we are leaving at 4 a.m. CanNOT WAIT!! uhg!

Have a fantabulous day everyone!! Monique hope they catch those we brats!!!