PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one more day till Friday.

Monique
July 17th, 2014, 07:34 AM

Yes sir, a quilting I will go. For those who have asked I am handquilting a quilt for my brother, so no, I do not have a machine with me.

I understand Blondie is having a wonderful time with her family.

I just heard yesterday that Greg is getting another commendation tomorrow. I am not sure of all the details, but this one is coming from pretty high up. I will post pictures as soon as I get one.

Hubby is getting ready for his golf trip this weekend. He and a friend are joining Greg and another fellow and are headed to Lake Champlain for the weekend.

I remember dreaming last night of long arm quilting machines. I did not have one but everyone else did. Hmmm must be a sign.

On that note, I leave you wishing you all a wonderful day filled with sunshine.

aliaslaceygreen
July 17th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Good morning!

Vacation is over! Didn't mean to make it a vacation from you, but my internet was weird.
And I got home late Tuesday to a flea infestation in my studio!
And a cat who has decided the stove and kitchen counters are her bed and bath...

So, yeah.
I haven't a clue as to what is going on here, I hope all is well and I am sending ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))

On laptop at dining table since studio isn't set for human exposure yet.... have a great day!

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Have a good time Monique, great time to do you own thing while DH and son are away. I'll be sewing this weekend and am bringing my machine and hope to get a few items completed.

Sunny and cool this morning so the day is beginning very well. We have to check out the garden to see if there was any damage from the heavy rains we had for a few days. Poor petunias in the big planter by our front door the rain beat off most of the flowers but the plant will come back. Rain kept us from erecting the new gazebo we bought so it will have to wait until next week when we're back from Lancaster area in PA. Hopefully one or both of our sons can give their dad a hand.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 17th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful day again today here in St. Louis, very cool and low humidity! Very rare days for summer in our fair city.

Klasien and Jan left yesterday morning for their return to the east coast and departure from the US. They are such a delightful couple, we had a great time, although low key. We went to check out the St. Louis Cathedral, which is billed as having one of the largest collections of mosaics in the world. It is truly resplendent, as most of the tiles are metallic gold. I can remember going to Mass or other ceremonies there and you just want to crane your neck back and look at the ceiling, they are so beautiful. Both Klasien and Jan noticed that many of the decorative mosaics would be good designs to interpret in quilt blocks, they took some great pictures for inspiration. I was sorry to see them go, and felt sad last night to know that it might be a long time till I see them again!

I'm back working on my costumes, was making feet for my crows last night and the process took a lot longer than I thought it would. I'm almost finished with that project, off to the next project this afternoon!

Have a great day folks!

Claire Hallman
July 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I'm back working on my costumes, was making feet for my crows last night and the process took a lot longer than I thought it would. I'm almost finished with that project, off to the next project this afternoon!

Have a great day folks!

You must have a fantastic imagination to know how the make those feet for crows.

Hello everyone, up early for me and have been every morning since Sunday, I do mean really early. Our new puppy has her days and nights mixed up and misses her siblings about 4:00 in the morning. She is actually getting better but I am pooped. I need a nap.:icon_happy:

songbird857
July 17th, 2014, 09:40 AM
You must have a fantastic imagination to know how the make those feet for crows.

Hello everyone, up early for me and have been every morning since Sunday, I do mean really early. Our new puppy has her days and nights mixed up and misses her siblings about 4:00 in the morning. She is actually getting better but I am pooped. I need a nap.:icon_happy:

Claire,
When we got our puppy in April she was a bit restless the first few evenings (she sleeps in a crate) - I added extra small blankets around the side of the crate, and put a small baby quilt on the top to the crate to make it like a 'puppy den' if that makes any sense. (not completely enclosed of course) She has slept peacefully every night since then!

Claire Hallman
July 17th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Claire,
When we got our puppy in April she was a bit restless the first few evenings (she sleeps in a crate) - I added extra small blankets around the side of the crate, and put a small baby quilt on the top to the crate to make it like a 'puppy den' if that makes any sense. (not completely enclosed of course) She has slept peacefully every night since then!

Thanks, she is sleeping in a crate that is more of a carrier than the wire crate type. I will try putting another towel over the top of it. It is the one we used for our Shih Tzu and is plenty big enough without being huge. She has a towel and toy in there and gets a treat when it is time for bed. She is in it right now, she likes to go in there to take naps during the day so I know she feels comfortable in there. At night I do close the door on it but leave it open during the day. She is getting progressively better and I can sleep some other time.;) Nice to be retired and not on a schedule.
I am getting a little more done in the daytime. I made 180+ hour glass units yesterday for my Bonnie Hunter My Blue Heaven quilt.

Simply Quilting
July 17th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Good Morning!!! It is wonderful and cool with low humidity this morning. Just the way I like it. I am planning on enjoying it because next week, we are suppose to be back into the 90s. This morning I'm meeting a friend with her children at a local park to visit for a while. Perfect day for that. After that I need to work on some lesson plans - hard to believe the summer has flown by so quickly. We have one week til VBS then the following week we start school. It is currently time so that we will have the first quarter done to have a week's break when we have the forum get together. I'm looking forward to the get together :)

Tomorrow we go pick up the boys from camp. They look like they are having fun from the pictures friends are posting on facebook. Our daughter is having a blast getting to be the only one at home but I know that she does miss her brothers.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone :)

ravelim
July 17th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Good morning. It is beautiful here,too. They say we have only today and tomorrow to be cool. But, heck,I'll take it. And in July!

Still working (as I will be for a while) LO L. ON A quilt for littlest GD.BUT the reason or at least one reason, I started quilting was to take up time. The other reason is I just love it even if I'm not very advanced.And its easier on my joints than playing piano.

Monique, have fun quilting. Must be nice. I was a teacher (music teacher). That would never have worked with my job.

I'm going to sit outside some today. With a book. And watch my little dog try to climb the fence. She gets a little frustrated now that she can't get out to her coffee "klatch" lol it's not like she doesn't get a walk - Rod walks her every morning.

Hope everyone feels as good s I do. Smiles and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know that I have permanently relocated to Hamilton, MO. At least the sheriff hasn't told me that I can't show up there any more. It is so much fun going there and visiting with all the wonderful folks.

Don't know if I'll get to sew today or not. Had to pass up a trip with my Li'l Sis this afternoon because we have a visitor who'll be here this afternoon (if'n he dun't fergot).

Gotta show off what I picked up yesterday because it reached out and bit my hand off:

Sure hope I can do it justice . . .

Okay, off here to see what kind of trouble I can get into today. Y'all have a wonderful one now, ya hear?

Over40momma
July 17th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique, I can hardly wait to hear about the news from Blondie and the commendations her husband is receving....very exciting.

Trish, so sorry about the fleas....very nasty things to deal with but I am sure your kitty is glad you are home. That little picture is so cute, is that your furbaby?

Jean, it is so wonderful to hear that Klasien and Jan had such a great time. And you are so right about starting to see quilt blocks in all kinds of designs and things around you!!

Awww Claire, so sad that your little puppy is missing her littermates. I am sure the cozy den you have made her will help her acclimate faster and then you can get caught up on your sleep. +180!!!! If that is you tired, may I request a pint of your blood please?????:lol:

We are enjoying the sunny, low humidity day too! Isn't it lovely. Hate to whine about winter coldness and then when summer is here, whine about the humidity....but today is soooo perfect!!! I am a "Fall Gal"; I just love the warm days, cool nights and that little 'nip' in the air first thing in the morning.

Managed to get a few projects finished and as soon as I find my camera batteries, I'll post a few pics. One was a duvet cover for my oldest daughter, the other is a pieced back and front table cover for my brother. Right now I have a twin cover I need to make for a nephew who is in love with Disney's Cars. Have made the first test block for my youngest daughter's quilt. Using Jenny's Big Star block....and she ain't kidding about big! Mine has an unfinished size of 24-1/2"!!!!! I have made a Frienship Braid table runner for a friend and now making matching/co-ordinated place settings. Trolled through Jenny's tutorials last night as I have a Layer Cake that I am not sure what to do with.....thinking the Churned Dash block might be just the ticket for this one.

Have a great day everyone, and blessed be.