PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Goes a Froggin'

toggpine
July 17th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Arrgh!

I was making some great progress in the sewing room today. I patched a pair of hubby's work pants. Picked up part of the sewing space and purged 2 shredder baskets worth of papers. Once I had more space on the cutting table, I was cooking along on the current quilt top. I was very careful to lay out all of the strips in the same order so this wouldn't happen.

I did it anyway. :icon_doh:

One set was sewn along the wrong edge. Thankfully, I checked before I pressed everything open and got ready to assemble the next step. So now I'll rip out the wrong seam out of each 7" strip set before feeding the proper edge into the machine.

We'll see how far I get with this top before midnight (Pacific). It's about 10:30 now.

How are the rest of you night owls doing? Anything special you are working on? Do you have better quilt mojo in the summer or the winter?

Happy stitching! Cathy

pcbatiks
July 17th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Hey Cathy, I started working on my landscape wall hanging this past weekend. I didn't get anything done today on it.....but I did look at it and smile. Does that count as working on the project? :D

I got a very cool surprise in the mail today.......I'll post a picture tomorrow when the sun is out.

I'm still up because I napped to hard earlier today.

Hope the froggin is easy & quick!

Hulamoon
July 17th, 2014, 02:47 AM
No frogging for me but shopping! I went to the thrift store and got more shirts for the second hand rose group. Washed them all up. It's my second batch of deboning. Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: De-Boning A Shirt ---The Movie! (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/04/deboning-shirt-movie.html)

Having fun with this one!

bubba
July 17th, 2014, 02:49 AM
I have worked on my Pineapple Pizazz top the last two afternoons. Yesterday I was so very happy to complete four blocks. That was all we were told to cut during class. I get looking at the pattern, and much to my dismay, for the size I am doing it takes nine blocks!!! Now, not only did she only have us cut four, she also had us cut more rounds than we needed, so I cut those down to the size I needed then cut out the rest......five more total. I got to sewing and have three more sections around to sew and I will have this group of five done. After that, I cut four of them in half and the other into quarters which I know will make me a nervous wreck!!!

In the midst of this, I get a notification from my Cozi calendar to remind me of my class tomorrow!!! Crikey!!! I thought in was next Thursday!! Guess who will be sewing her block tomorrow?!?

I'm happy for the cooler evenings because this heat during the day is about more than I can handle. MM told me it's supposed to rain this weekend!!! :icon_woohoo:

bkthomas
July 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Well, it is midnight here (mountain tine) so I guess you have one more hour Cathy.....wonder if you you will check in before hitting the hay......

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Been up awhile doing some stuff and now it's 2am and I think I'll head back to sleep. It was a ice sunny cool day today but I was kind of dragging so I didn't accomplish much besides food shopping and a little house clean up. I know there is a load of clothes in the dryer that I should take out and fold but that will have to wait until morning.

Cathy I feel for you as this past week I did a lot of frogging too only to re sew the same wrong pieces together again.

Time to get the dishwasher going and go over the kitchen floor as I hate to wake up to a messy kitchen, especially when I really need my first cup of coffee. Stay Cool Night Owls.

toggpine
July 17th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Kathy - I am checking in before hitting the hay for the night!

It's 12:30 Pacific & I have frogged & re-sewn the seams on that one section so they will be ready for pressing tomorrow.
May, I purposefully ripped one seam and then fed the piece directly into the machine so there was NO confusion as to which side I needed to put the seam down. Some of these pieces have already been made into another top that I strongly disliked and tore apart to get to this point. I have stitch holes along all of the edges of some of these fabrics!
I also pulled the hem out of a pair of Em's PJ bottoms. I made them big/long two summers ago and now they are headed towards high-waters. With the hem adjustment, she should get another season out of them at least. Depending on how fast she grows, and with a quick trip through the serger, they could even be PJ shorts for next summer.

I'm out for the rest of the night/morning. I'm afraid Thursday may be a no sewing day until I hit the PHD group at my LQS, Quilt Revolution, tomorrow night. Even then, I'm just planning on taking some hand stitching. The house is OK, but there are few things about the farm that need doing. The raspberries need picking & then there is that little matter of the hot fence not being in working order. Yeah, I really gotta farm tomorrow....

Hugs & sweet dreams of quilty things when you finally get there!
Cathy

bkthomas
July 17th, 2014, 08:04 AM
If I lived closer to you Cathy, I would come and pick every last raspberry for you! That would be one less chore at least!

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Cathy, It's so nice of Kathy to offer to help out with your chores and pick the ripe raspberries for you. I suspect she has an ulterior motive of maybe popping more berries into her mouth than get put into the basket. If I lived closer to you I would be right next to Kathy picking and popping and then putting a few berries in the basket for you.

bubba
July 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Cathy, what is the PHD group???

toggpine
July 17th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Oh! Thank you all for the lovely offers of help with the chores around the farm! Well, at least in the raspberry patch! :icon_shake:

Pat, the PHD group is Projects Half Done. We meet the third Thursday of every month from 5 until 8. We sit & sew while we catch up with each other. They don't charge for this time, and used to offer you a discount card if you completed your project while at the shop, but I don't know if that is still true. I haven't finished anything while there, although I have made excellent progress on things half completed and gone on to finish them at home.
I'm usually late to the party because Em's speech appointment ends @ 5 and I'm in Tacoma. During the summer I then have to run her to Fife to Nana's house before scooting back across the bridge. I can get there earlier during school days, as I make Hubby meet me at either her appointment or the quilt shop. Then he takes her home while I hang with the quilters.

bubba
July 17th, 2014, 01:45 PM
That sounds like fun!! Too bad I have a class the third Thursday of every month!!