PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, it's that day again.

Monique
July 16th, 2014, 07:59 AM

Time is just passing too quickly. Anyone hear from Blondie? I hope all is well with family.

The quilting is coming along quite nicely. I have started the outer border. I have LOTS of quilting time at work. hahaha

Have a great day friends. And smile today because you can.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Thanks Monique for starting our day off on a cute Teddy bear note.

Thought I was finished with my color challenge quilt but last night I thought maybe I'd add another row. Wasn't too sure about the fabric so I decided to sleep on it and re-think the idea this morning. Also need to pack up project to sew during the retreat, I'll only be sewing for part of Saturday so maybe some dolly quilts would be a good idea.

Have to get some clothes ready for the weekend, need a few new lightweight pants and tops so I might hit Kohl's later today as I still have a gift card. Wish clothes were as easy to buy as fabric.

Everyone have a good day.

Grandma Nan
July 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks Monique for starting our day off on a cute Teddy bear note.

Thought I was finished with my color challenge quilt but last night I thought maybe I'd add another row. Wasn't too sure about the fabric so I decided to sleep on it and re-think the idea this morning. Also need to pack up project to sew during the retreat, I'll only be sewing for part of Saturday so maybe some dolly quilts would be a good idea.

Have to get some clothes ready for the weekend, need a few new lightweight pants and tops so I might hit Kohl's later today as I still have a gift card. Wish clothes were as easy to buy as fabric.

Everyone have a good day.

Kohls is one of my favourite places to shop May. We have one just across the border in Watertown New York. I was just there yesterday and used up $40 in Kohls cash. They have the best sales and rewards. It spoils me from shopping anywhere else for clothes.

Madeforyouinma11
July 16th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Morning!
It's raining and we are having some thunderstorms today. As long as I don't loose power, I'll be ok.
I'm sure Blondie is having a ball with her family..can't wait to hear the stories.
Not to much going on today. Maybe a little work on getting a baby quilt finished. Need to put the borders on and come up with a back using colors left from the front.
Monique, do you have a machine at work? How cool is that, getting to quilt while you work.
Well, hope everyone has a great day!

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Yesterday I was awakened from a deep sleep by my telephone ringing in the living room. Al jumped up and brought it back to me - it was our Blondie friend but she'd hung up by the time he got there. She did leave a very brief message and sounded so twitterpated - ended with how adorable Eleanor is and "I think she likes me!" I gotta say, who wouldn't like Blondie?

Off to Hamilton again. Bernice (stitching woman) has my Patsy Cline (Featherweight) ready for pick up. Her wonderful husband, Bob, did some repairs and general clean and tune-up for me. I think she's got a keeper in him. Meeting Gloria so we'll have lunch and then head back. Wonder if I can find something to spend money on while out there???

Over40momma
July 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Love that little bear, he just makes you want to smile.
My Dad passed away yesterday afternoon. He had lung cancer from asbestos exposure during his military career. He went fairly peacefully and without pain. For that alone, I am truly thankful. It was hard breaking the news to my girls, they loved their grandpa so much, but they coped really well for their ages. We just clung to one another and rode out the storm of emotions.

Not sure what I am doing today, in a fog of sorts. But the sun is shining today after several days of rain. Good day to do some quiet reminiscing while tidying up the flower gardens.

Have a great day everyone, and blessed be.

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2014, 11:21 AM
My Dad passed away yesterday afternoon. He had lung cancer from asbestos exposure during his military career. He went fairly peacefully and without pain. For that alone, I am truly thankful. It was hard breaking the news to my girls, they loved their grandpa so much, but they coped really well for their ages. We just clung to one another and rode out the storm of emotions.

Not sure what I am doing today, in a fog of sorts. But the sun is shining today after several days of rain. Good day to do some quiet reminiscing while tidying up the flower gardens.

So sorry for your loss, Sandy. Prayers to you and the family.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Sandy, Here's a little poem I think about when family members pass.

Sorry about the photo I thought I had saved only the poem.

buckeyequilter
July 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM

Sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

Susann
July 16th, 2014, 12:25 PM

OH, Sandy, I'm so sorry! Sending you hugs and prayers to help you through.

Bubby
July 16th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Good Morning,

I've been in contact with Blondie and everything is going great with her. She's making precious memories with sweet little Nora....

I got my Block magazine today. I had updated my credit card information for my account at M* (for Daily Deals) but the update didn't include my Block subscription automatically. I had to order this issue from the M* shop and update my info for next time.
This is a good thing to remember if you have a credit card on file that has to be updated....also update the info for your Block subscription.

We're having the most gorgeous weather...all our windows are open and the Girls are in heaven sleeping in the breeze.

I'm machine embroidering today. I thought I should see if I forgot everything I used to know about my machine....it came back after a minute or so. My SIL fell in love with some of the mug mats I make, so I'm making her a few in her colors. She's afraid of colors, so everything I like scares her. I can do beige-on-beige or cream on white...I think!

I hope you're having a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 16th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Yesterday I was awakened from a deep sleep by my telephone ringing in the living room. Al jumped up and brought it back to me - it was our Blondie friend but she'd hung up by the time he got there. She did leave a very brief message and sounded so twitterpated - ended with how adorable Eleanor is and "I think she likes me!" I gotta say, who wouldn't like Blondie?

Off to Hamilton again. Bernice (stitching woman) has my Patsy Cline (Featherweight) ready for pick up. Her wonderful husband, Bob, did some repairs and general clean and tune-up for me. I think she's got a keeper in him. Meeting Gloria so we'll have lunch and then head back. Wonder if I can find something to spend money on while out there???
Don't you two own every fabric in those stores already?

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear that Blondie and DGD are having a good time.

Bubby said, "My SIL fell in love with some of the mug mats I make, so I'm making her a few in her colors. She's afraid of colors, so everything I like scares her. I can do beige-on-beige or cream on white...I think!"

I know what you mean as my BFF is the same as your SIL. She did a big double take the time I showed her DS#3's room when he was a kid, bold white, red and blue Revolutionary soldier print on the center wall and rest of the room painted tomato red. She thinks tan is a dark color although she has branched out a bit with some light sage green in the print on a couch.

Simply Quilting
July 16th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Good Afternoon. I'm loving the cooler weather. Windows open and not having to deal with humidity. Next week is suppose to be back in the 90s. Enjoyed the short time at Hamilton on Monday. The children liked showing their friends where Mom gets her fabric from. We got to eat at J's - really good food.

The youngest and I've had fun just the two of us since the boys are away at camp this week. Today Daddy is taking her out for lunch. Not sure what we will do this afternoon. Going to enjoy the mother-daughter time :)

I'm going to get stuff around to start working on the handwork that I want to do when I'm out and about with a few minutes.

Sandy B. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Glad Blondie is having a fun time.

Sandy N. enjoy your time in Hamilton :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone :)

Cathy F
July 16th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Over40momma
July 16th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Thank you all kindly for your words of comfort. We are doing okay. {hugs}

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 16th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Thank you all kindly for your words of comfort. We are doing okay. {hugs}

Thinking of you. Xxxxx

pcbatiks
July 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Good afternoon, everyone.

Sandy B. thinking of you and hoping good memories bring you comfort.

Blondie........I hope you are having a ball with little Nora and the family. We want to see pictures!

djbs1
July 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
Just heard about you dad. Sorry for the loss, just dwell on the memories. Dianne