PDA

View Full Version : Nght Owl is ready to Hoot again

MayinJerset
July 15th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Still waking up several times during the night but I've been going back to sleep instead of hanging out here. Thunder and a torrential downpour kept me awake tonight, been keeping dry sitting on this tree limb under a canopy of thick leaves. What has everyone been up to while I've been sleeping the nights away?

pcbatiks
July 15th, 2014, 02:35 AM
I fell asleep earlier while watching TV and now I'm not that sleepy.........go figure. :)

Judy, USMC
July 15th, 2014, 02:45 AM
I've been trying to get into a more "normal" sleep cycle now I'm in Chicago. It's not working out very well. Set my alarm to sneak in a half hour nap and woke 2 hrs later. Oh well, at least I'm up to see the DD early!

shawnan
July 15th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I've been up sewing on the binding for a wall hanging. I want to take it to a quilt display at a local bank. They do this for the local celebration (doesn't every small town have "some sort of days") I wasn't going to take it, but got talked into it. Now it's done so I'll find some jammies and settle down.

Nancy

toggpine
July 15th, 2014, 03:18 AM
It had been so hot here that I had been staying up to sew in the cooler evenings. The "power surges" just didn't mesh well with the weather.
I have made good progress on the shophop blocks. I did get the replacement fabric for the one piece I cut too small. Half squares, quarter squares, whatever. :icon_doh: Now I am pretty much down to the blocks that require applique techniques. Not so bad, but I haven't fused & cut out all of the bits yet.
I bounced back to another project I had in the works before the hop. I had part of the top assembled and had it laid out on the bed to finish laying out the strip sets to keep the colors spread/balanced out. I really liked the lay out piles better than the 'finished' design. I thought I should take apart the stitched top and re-do it. I decided to just finish it, as it was just a FMQ practice top anyhow.
Hubby came in and looked at it. "Which one is the 'done' one?" he asked.
(Uh oh.) I pointed to the 'ugly' one & said "That one."
"Hmmm. Too bad. I like the other pattern better." he remarked as he walked out of the room.
Get out the seam ripper....
Now I have the top ripped back into pieces, and have nearly finished the first step of the block assembly. This part is pretty mindless, but that was supposed to be the point, quick and done. It has taken waay too long to get this thing done.

Now that it is cooler for a day or so, I may catch up on some sleep, as that sounds pretty good too!

pcbatiks
July 15th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Cathy...........you're having "power surges" and you still have enough energy to mow 4 acres with a push mower! I'm impressed. All you need now is a cape!

toggpine
July 15th, 2014, 03:35 AM
4 hours. 2.5 acres. I don't do that often. Hubby had busted his hump getting my new buck barn done, so I figured I could at least mow the lawn. Then one now tidy spot lead to another unkempt one, and so on.
It had just all been left undone for too long and looked scruffy. The sheep had gone back home and left the upper pasture pretty chopped up. If I mow it all down when it dries up, the grass will come back faster once we get a bit of rain. It was like running straw through a wood chipper. I was pretty well done for the day.
Pam, a cape isn't going to help with the hot flashes! Thanks for the vote of confidence though!