PDA

View Full Version : to take or not to take...that is my question!

WendyI
July 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
as many of you know I am heading east to visit my sister for her wedding. Scott will be coming home early and I will be there an extra week or so on my own. I really want to get some sewing done as a way to relieve family stress! but want to take my big Janome. I've been going back and forth between telling myself I can take the small one, it's good enough. But I LOVE my big girl and I really prefer using her.

So what would you do? Our trailer is 28 feet so there is more than enough room for me to work.

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 10:28 PM
How are you getting home? You driving that thing? I would take it. Why not. It's just like taking a book to the beach. lol

Terry L
July 14th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I say TAKE IT!!!!

WendyI
July 14th, 2014, 10:36 PM
How are you getting home? You driving that thing? I would take it. Why not. It's just like taking a book to the beach. lol

LOL! Of course I am driving...well I'm driving the truck and pulling the trailer. And we will be parked right on a beach!

TheYarnmaiden
July 14th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Take it! Family gathering type things are stressful enough without the stress relief you take with you being not what you wanted to have with you in the first place so potentially stressful on it's own. Take the big girl!

K. McEuen
July 14th, 2014, 10:55 PM
If you take it, make sure it is packed well. Being taken in a vehicle tends to loosen things that weren't loose before, like the light bulb in the machine, etc.

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Take it! Just make sure to strap it in good somewhere for the trip and get it out every day and sew at least one seam. Having your favorite stress reliever with you will be stress relief in and of itself and then actually using it each day will be even more. Safe travels!

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Just make sure no one knows you have it or you might be doing alterations:icon_heh:

TheYarnmaiden
July 14th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Just make sure no one knows you have it or you might be doing alterations:icon_heh:

Oh my stars THIS ^
Tell no one.

Texas Jean
July 14th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Take it. You'll regret it if you don't.

GuitarGramma
July 14th, 2014, 11:21 PM
You take that Big Girl and don't let anyone know where you disappear to!

And have a wonderful time. You've earned it!

Susann
July 14th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Yes, take it and I agree-tell no one!!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 11:42 PM
as many of you know I am heading east to visit my sister for her wedding. Scott will be coming home early and I will be there an extra week or so on my own. I really want to get some sewing done as a way to relieve family stress! but want to take my big Janome. I've been going back and forth between telling myself I can take the small one, it's good enough. But I LOVE my big girl and I really prefer using her.

So what would you do? Our trailer is 28 feet so there is more than enough room for me to work.

I'd take it. Weddings are stressful, families are stressful, sewing machines are stress-relieving. You have the space. Hey, I even considered buying an emergency sewing machine while there last time I went on vacation.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:28 AM
I say take her! She deserves a little trip too.... I took my Janome Jem Platinum to a winter retreat..... It was OK, but I was wishing I had taken the bigger Janome...

Next retreat, my new Brother Simplicity is going with me... So, yes.....take your big girl....

Monique
July 15th, 2014, 07:50 AM
TAKE IT and enjoy. And have a wonderful time on your 'vacation'.

Iris Girl
July 15th, 2014, 08:30 AM
TAKE IT. even if you don't get to use but I am sure you will to de-stress, just knowing its there and YOU can use if you want/need will be a relief. Enjoy, relax, have fun and don't forget we want to see pictures!

Bubby
July 15th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Better to have and not need than to need and not have....take it!

WendyI
July 15th, 2014, 12:27 PM
See this is why I love you guys! My husband just does NOT understand! Tonight I pack her! I still have the original box so she will be safe and sound! Thanks everyone for validating my desires! Ima take them both! :D. Xox

WendyI
July 15th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Oh and no worries about alterations....I SUCK at them! LOL!

Annav
July 15th, 2014, 09:23 PM
If you have the room, I say take your big fav one. You'll be happy that you did.