PDA

View Full Version : In case you've been following our adoption saga, here's the latest

cyndiofthevortex
July 14th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone. The judge in charge of Little C's case has postponed the next hearing that was scheduled for August 4th indefinitely. His grandmother is suing now for custody and has been granted, by this judge, for 3 full days (and nights) a week with C. We are all very upset about this. No child deserves to be pulled into two pieces. He needs to be with us here or with her there. Not both, plus visits with his birth mother. He comes home from visits with his mother or grandmother a wreck. Tonight, after only 3 hours with his mother, he spent the evening biting, spitting, hitting, and throwing. He is naturally the sweetest, best-natured boy in the world, always with a smile on his face. What he is going through now is just cruel.

Please, please pray for Little C. This is a bad situation.

asta
July 14th, 2014, 09:33 PM
How sad for Little C as well as your family. I have a friend who is an advocate for parents rights, she believes children are best with their birth mothers and will fight tooth and nail for them to retain custody, I just wish people like this could see the real affect it can have on these poor children. Prayers for Little C.

Susann
July 14th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Oh, Cyndi!!! Sending up prayers & hugs for Little C and your whole family!

Genny
July 14th, 2014, 09:38 PM
It breaks my heart to hear this so I cannot even imagine what you and your family are going thru. What this judge is doing to this innocent little boy is outrageous and he should be ashamed of himself. I hope and pray that there will an end to this soon for Little C's sake. Hugs and prayers...Genny

CountryHut
July 14th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Cyndi - I'm so sorry that you and your family is going through this heart ache -- you're right this is so cruel for the child --

is anyone doing daily video's of his daily life -- the before his visits and afternoon his visit with his birth family?

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Oh Cyndi, I am so sorry to hear this update! Was hoping there would be a final decision soon. My heart breaks for C and all of your family. Keeping you all in my prayers

New York Sue
July 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the update.
This is SO heartbreaking...

WendyI
July 14th, 2014, 10:13 PM
I've been waiting for an update and I'm so sad to hear this. I sure hope the judge sees common sense. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Take video's and record the date and time. Record all behaviours. You will need this later. ((((HUGS))))

BellasQuilts
July 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM
This is beyond cruel...in the best interest of the child....He should be with your family - PERIOD.

sewbizzy
July 14th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Cyndi, I'm sending prayers for little C, you and your family...I can just imagine the anguish you are all enduring...

GuitarGramma
July 14th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Oh Cyndi, there is nothing more I can add to the excellent advice above. I must, however, add my voice to the dismay of others -- what was that judge thinking?

marytfnp
July 14th, 2014, 11:29 PM
sending prayers to you, and your family

laura44
July 14th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Sending prayers your way, what a horrible ordeal you have to go thru.

Midge
July 14th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Cyndi, it must have been very hard to write this post. I know my heart sank when I read it, and I only know of your family's troubles through your previous posts. Poor little guy needs more stability for sure. Hugs to all.

Simply Quilting
July 15th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Praying for Little C and your family.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Cyndi.... This makes me sick....and very angry with that obviously incompetent judge. What a moron.... Anyone with any common sense would know this plan is not in the. "Best interest of the child", which they all say is their goal... It's a good thing I don't know
who thus unkind judge.....

Sorry to rant, but this whole thing is unnecessary, and an unjust. That poor, sweet little child was obviously not in the judge's thoughts when he made this awful decision.... He should be ashamed.... He should realize how traumatizing it is for a little one to be kicked around like a football.... Can you tell how mad I am yet!

MayinJerset
July 15th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Sad news to be sure. Does C have some kind of advocate besides you and your DD? Maybe a social worker needs to evaluate him before and after his 'family' visits. as they don't seem to be doing him any good.

stationarymom
July 15th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Cyndi i'm sorry your family especially C is still going through this.I probably asked before but does C have a gl? if so contact them and let them know also about the behavior issues.If he is in daycare,school or anything else ask those in charge of him to pay attention to behavior and document as well.Like Wendy said you may need this later for the judge and gl so they can see what is happening to him.I wish you all the best.

pcbatiks
July 15th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Cyndi......you already know C and your family are in my prayers. My heart hurts for you all. Is there anyone that can get a definite deadline enforced?

Judy, USMC
July 15th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Simply heartbreaking ... where is the Guardian ad Litum? Does she have insight into why he made that decision. Seems so unfair to the kiddo.

Cat77
July 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Oh no! What a mess!

Sending good thoughts to you and your family and especially C.

quilter.martha
July 15th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I'm so sorry Cyndi. No child deserves this, nor Bethany and the rest of you. Little C is a real sweet child and I pray all this will fall far from him when it is all over. We'll be praying.

Monique
July 15th, 2014, 07:47 AM
This is just WRONG!

Suzette
July 15th, 2014, 08:07 AM
So, so sad for this little one and for your family. I cannot understand that judge at all. She must have a heart made of stone and a brain to match.

You will all continue to be in my prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
July 15th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I am so incredibly sad this morning. Just thinking of how this is going to effect C breaks my heart. I do not know what this judge is thinking. I see this as a tragedy in C's young life. He can only belong to one family. Choose, judge, please. Either one is better than being stretched between two.

Liberty
July 15th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Oh my! So many prayers go out to you! May God guide both your family and the judge.

Mimis-quilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:54 PM
is anyone doing daily video's of his daily life -- the before his visits and afternoon his visit with his birth family?

This is what I was wondering too. If his actions are so different before and after visits with his birth family, videos of his actions should be shared with your lawyer and the judge should have access to them as well. It could help your case if the judge can see what really is going on.

So sorry that you are all having to suffer through this...praying for you.

songbird857
July 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Oh goodness Cyndi - I'm praying for this situation. How can the judge not see that that is the worst possible thing that could have been done right now??? I'm praying that God will give all of you grace, and that there won't be too much to be 'undone' later!

songbird857
July 15th, 2014, 03:39 PM
So, so sad for this little one and for your family. I cannot understand that judge at all. She must have a heart made of stone and a brain to match.

You will all continue to be in my prayers.

maybe she doesn't want to take the flak for whatever she decides (from either side)

Learner quilter
July 15th, 2014, 03:59 PM
So sorry to read this...((((hugs))))

Gina
July 15th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I am so sorry that this is happening to all of you. Will keep you all in my prayers! My husband and I went through this six years ago with a little girl we were fostering. I really pray for C's sake it turns out better than it did for our little one!

alliek
July 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
My heart breaks for this child. The law is the law, BUT, this is a child who needs to know that tomorrow will be just as safe and loving as today. Many prayers for "c" and for you.

sally
July 15th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I've been waiting for an update and I'm so sad to hear this. I sure hope the judge sees common sense. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Take video's and record the date and time. Record all behaviours. You will need this later. ((((HUGS))))

This is so good advice. I work in the court system and pictures DO say a thousand words. Record it all! You are in my thoughts and prayers that things will turn your way!

Debbie MM
July 16th, 2014, 12:43 AM
this makes no sense, the child needs a permanent home

SallyO'Sews
July 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Oh, Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear this, but so glad you are keeping us informed. Praying for you and yours (including Little C).
Blessings, dear one.
~ Sally

Suzette
July 16th, 2014, 03:52 PM
maybe she doesn't want to take the flak for whatever she decides (from either side)

Well, that would make it all the sadder then, wouldn't it? A judge that is thinking of herself over a child's well-being.

This whole situation, no matter why the judge is making these terrible decisions, is just shameful and sad.