PDA

View Full Version : I've got a quesiton re: an old janome sewing machine (My Excell 23x)

Lisaau
July 14th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I know it's an old machine but its what l have and now that l've started trying to machine quilt l'm starting to find it difficult to sew borders onto largeish pieces of fabric. As l'm trying to sew its running off the left of the sewing bed and making it difficult to sew striaght and my question is would any of you happen to know if even tho it's an old machine and that l'm in Australia if you can buy a extension table (not sure of the correct term) that connects to the machine near the needle to extend your sewing area for the "my excell23x".

My husband said he would make one for me from "MDF" but I was wondering if there might be an accessory l can buy. Thanks for any help

bakermom
July 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM
There is a list of machines on the Janome site for ext. tables:
http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/Machines/Accessories/All/Extension_Tables
I know places like Allbrands sells them but I don't know if they would have one that would work for you.

Claire Hallman
July 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I had a local plastics company make one for my Singer for much less than the ones I saw online. I made a template from some cardstock and took it to them and voila a week later I had the plexiglass tabletop. I added legs from short pieces of dowel glued underneath. I love it.

sunflower1944
July 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
My son-in-law made one out of plexiglass with dowel legs for daughter's Janome. Works great.

Heather1967
July 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I just got rid of my old Janome MyExcel. What a great machine. I would suggest using your even feed foot to sew the borders on. I had a hard time with mine and took it in for servicing and it turned out there was a lot of lint built up under the feed dogs so they weren't working like they should. Once he fixed that up my machine ran like brand new. I upgraded to a Bernina 440QE though.

The Janome is a fabulous machine. I never had an extension table with mine, just a large sewing table that it sat on. It was about 4' by 3'.

Heather

plix
July 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Lisa
You might not have to buy an extension....
have you seen this do it yourself custom version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAS25v3ZTk0&feature=fvsr

I used one like it & it worked pretty well.
Just a thot....:)

Lisaau
September 2nd, 2011, 03:31 AM
Thanks Plix my husband ended up making me a table from melamine

Sandy Navas
September 2nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Wonderful addition to your machine, Lisa!! Thanks for sharing.