PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Postal Rant

Kgrammiecaz
July 14th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Well, my rant was about the post office showing my pkg delivered back on May 24th. To recap: I had a complaint in, then a claim in, which they denied because it showed delivered, and I now have an appeal in.

Guess what showed up at my post box at my complex this past Friday, July 11th. My package from May 24th. No explanation, no apology, nothing.

So, I am going to let them go through the appeal process to see if they send me a check or if they tell me they just delivered it and why it was delivered 6 weeks later. Where the heck was it! He obviously had it since he scanned it delivered on May 24th.

Of course if they send a check, I will bring it back to the post office. What I really want is an explanation.

Thanks for listening to my updated rant.

Liberty
July 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Wow! They never apologize. In my experience, they don't know how!

I seriously think they may have "how not to apologize after you screw up" training.

Texas Jean
July 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
It could've been worse. I recently saw a photo on the Internet of a mailman throwing packages into a ravine. I'm glad you got the package but I agree with you make them explain where that already delivered package was.

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 04:37 PM
How frustrating. They are just going to have that 'well you got it did'nt you?' attitude with that look on their face.

GuitarGramma
July 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Karen, did you ever sign up for the Snail's Trail Block of the Month? I didn't get my completion blocks fabric until JUNE!!! I've now cut it all and put two blocks together--one of them completely wrong. It turns out that you have to be REALLY careful with the completion blocks or you lose the spiral effect. I suppose that's a "duh," but I actually paid for a class and the teacher failed to mention that important fact. I started putting them together and ended up with a very pretty block, but no spiral. RipIt, RipIt, RipIt!

Kgrammiecaz
July 14th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Karen, did you ever sign up for the Snail's Trail Block of the Month? I didn't get my completion blocks fabric until JUNE!!! I've now cut it all and put two blocks together--one of them completely wrong. It turns out that you have to be REALLY careful with the completion blocks or you lose the spiral effect. I suppose that's a "duh," but I actually paid for a class and the teacher failed to mention that important fact. I started putting them together and ended up with a very pretty block, but no spiral. RipIt, RipIt, RipIt!

Never heard anymore from them. The last message I received (cant remember the date) said they did not forget about me, they were just waiting for kits??? So, not sure I will hear from them. I would still love to do it. Sorry you are having trouble. If I ever get it, we can chat about the process.

SallyO'Sews
July 14th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Glad you got the package, Karen. All's well that ends well, yes?

alliek
July 14th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I'm sure it will come to naught, but I'd love to hear their explanation. Probably won't even honor you with one. So frustrating.