PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, and Apologies

easyquilts
July 14th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last week....and to apologize for not responding to each wonderful post ..... You have no idea how you guys.....and your encouraging words, hugs, and prayers ...have helped me. This group definitely takes care of it's own.

Your concern and support is humbling.... Thank you.

I believe it is now thought that Andrew does not have a lesion, or a tubor in/on his brain... They now think (I believe) that the white spot they see represents an undeveloped area.... He is still having staring seizures, plus seizures that cannot be seen.... He usually has a sudden tummy ache just before th unseen seizure..

Can someone please tell me what happened the family's plans to adopt a little boy were delayed because the paternal grandmother wanted him.....probably because her son wanted her to have him.

Thank you all again.... The past few months have been difficult, to say the very least... It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be.... Thank you for being understanding....

Sandy

pcbatiks
July 14th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hi Sandy,

So glad to hear from you......we've missed you.

Cyndi's family is still waiting to hear a decision, from the judge on adopting the little boy.

BobW
July 14th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Sandy,

It is so good to hear from you. It is never easy when a loved one is under-the-weather, and even harder when they are younger. I hope you are taking care of yourself. We miss you and your fun post. I hope things get settled down soon and you are back here among us.

auntiemern
July 14th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Sandy, so glad to hear from you. I must have missed the post you are speaking of. I speak from experience when I say, having a seizure disorder in one of our little ones is never easy to deal with. Gabe was on anti seizure meds for the first 2 years of his life, after he was injured. He is no longer on the meds, but they have told us, he will have more seizures, but cannot predict when. We have meds on hand for if an when it happens. I will have you and your family in my prayers.

JAM
July 14th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Hi Sandy, as much as you receive comfort and prayers from us, as much you give in return. You are an inspiration to many of us. I can say for sure, many of us love you, even though we haven't met.
God bless you,

Gina
July 14th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Good to hear from you Sandy! I was thinking about you just yesterday! Wondering how you were!

Sandy Navas
July 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM
She resurfaces - see, prayers are answered. Good to see you here, Sandy. You have a wealth of friends who keep you close in their hearts and in their prayers. At least it sounds like maybe one step further with Andrew's ailment - prayers continue there, too. Take a deep breath and keep showing up here whenever you can!! Hugs to you!!

Genny
July 14th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Sandy, I somehow missed your original post so I'm not really sure whats happening but I do want you to know that I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Genny

Monique
July 14th, 2014, 08:19 PM
She resurfaces - see, prayers are answered. Good to see you here, Sandy. You have a wealth of friends who keep you close in their hearts and in their prayers. At least it sounds like maybe one step further with Andrew's ailment - prayers continue there, too. Take a deep breath and keep showing up here whenever you can!! Hugs to you!!

Sandy says it so well. I ditto her.

alliek
July 14th, 2014, 08:50 PM
So happy to hear from you. So many strides being made in medicine. Keep researching. Andrew is in our prayers.

Pegger
July 14th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Happy to hear from you. Prayers are continuing.

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Sandy, so glad that you stopped in again and that you got some comfort from our virtual support system. It is always here for you. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

WendyI
July 14th, 2014, 10:17 PM
glad to see you back and hopefully with better news for wee Andrew. ((((HUGS))))

JCY
July 15th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Good to hear from you again. My niece's son has seizures daily. He recently was in a children's hosp. for EEG mapping to determine in which part of the brain they originate. He probably will be having brain surgery next mo. to try to correct things. He was born with hydrocephalus & has had numerous surgeries. He's in grade school. JCY

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Oh.... I was so hoping the adoption had happened..... That little boy deserves a loving, stable family..

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Sandy,

It is so good to hear from you. It is never easy when a loved one is under-the-weather, and even harder when they are younger. I hope you are taking care of yourself. We miss you and your fun post. I hope things get settled down soon and you are back here among us.

Thanks for your kind words..... I am trying to adjust to my new life..... As any if you widows know, everything changes.... Nothing is the way it used to be.... But, I have a great family, and good friends.....like you guys.....and I have a church I love...

My life is filled with so many blessings.....

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Sandy, so glad to hear from you. I must have missed the post you are speaking of. I speak from experience when I say, having a seizure disorder in one of our little ones is never easy to deal with. Gabe was on anti seizure meds for the first 2 years of his life, after he was injured. He is no longer on the meds, but they have told us, he will have more seizures, but cannot predict when. We have meds on hand for if an when it happens. I will have you and your family in my prayers.

Marilyn.... I am so sorry Gabe has a seizure disorder..... It's a heartbreak, I know.

Andrew began having partial seizures....he would simple collapse.....when he was 15 months old, and they stopped when he was three or so,... My daughter didn't tell me then, but the doctors thought the seizures would return when he hit puberty, but he is only eight.... I really love that little guy.... He's such a bright spot in my life....

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 15th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Everything changes when you lose someone who lives with you & whom you love. It's a hard, hard road. One foot in front of another, one stitch at a time. People survive all sorts of losses, & so will you, but we know it's not easy. Xxxx

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Hi Sandy, as much as you receive comfort and prayers from us, as much you give in return. You are an inspiration to many of us. I can say for sure, many of us love you, even though we haven't met.
God bless you,

Thank you.... I can definitely feel that love.... It gives me comfort..... It's so weird how a bunch of people who have never met can become "family" to each other..... Thank God for the Internet..... I believe it has enriched countless lives.

I missed the forum, while I was "out".....and am happy to be back with my quilty online friends.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Good to hear from you Sandy! I was thinking about you just yesterday! Wondering how you were!

Thank you for thinking of me, Gina.... Even though I wasn't here for a while, I thought of all of you often.... I missed "talking" to everyone every day..... Glad to be home.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:00 AM

Yep.... It's me! Just like a bad penny, I keep showing up...

You know, the last six months have been harder than if thought they would be..... And while I am trying to get out and be with people, my grief seems to be intensifying in dome ways.

You guys have no idea how I have appreciated your willingness to "listen", and allow me to say what I need to say. I am never afraid to tell it like it is here..... It has been important to have a place where I can freely express my grief.....and concerns. The forum is kind of like a journal that talks back..... A real gift if love.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Sandy, I somehow missed your original post so I'm not really sure whats happening but I do want you to know that I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Genny

Thank you, Ginny, for those hugs and prayers..... They have made a real difference.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Sandy says it so well. I ditto her.

Thanks! Sandy is a sweetie, for sure,

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:06 AM
So happy to hear from you. So many strides being made in medicine. Keep researching. Andrew is in our prayers.

Thank you..... Andrew is a wonderful little boy.... He has do much energy, and a real zest for life.... I know I am his grandmother, but I think he is so special. Isn't that what Gramma's do?

easyquilts
July 15th, 2014, 01:12 AM
This is Andrew, when he was about three, with his much loved Pa Pa, at a 4th of July gathering. I think he was just 4.

I love it that you can see the sweet love between them.....

stationarymom
July 15th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Hi Sandy I know first hand also that having seizures can be difficult but also not the end of the world. I have epilepsy.The belly pain you spoke of is called an aura or sensation that tells him he is going to have a seizure.If he can catch himself fast enough and squeeze his fist it may distract him enough that he might not have the seizure.This doesn't always work for everyone or every seizure but it might be worth explaining to him to see if he can train himself to respond to a seizure.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 15th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you my dear!