PDA

View Full Version : My Heart Is Broken Today

Ahamblin
July 14th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I had to tell my 7 year old Doberman Jake goodbye today and let him run free over the Rainbow Bridge. I am so very sad.

I know that others have many more problems and tragedies in their lives but for me this one is hurting me so much.

I just needed to tell someone.

Thanks.

JCY
July 14th, 2014, 11:01 AM
So sorry for your loss. Telling a special pet good-bye is hard to do. God bless, JCY

GrammaBabs
July 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM
My heart hurts for you... Losing any pet is tragic... I have a "grand doggie" (a Doby) and my son is dreading the day he has to go,, We had pets for 17 and 21 years.. it's part of why we will not have another right now... perhaps when we are more "stay at home" (retired now).... Just try to take some comfort knowing others care:)

sassygranny
July 14th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I'm so sorry. Our pets are so much a part of our lives. It's so hard to lose one. I hope your memories bring some smiles.

Susann
July 14th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Ohh, Ann:icon_sniff: I am so sorry!! I've lost my three older cats in the last 11/2 yrs-I know it's heartbreaking. Sending you extra hugs and happy memories of Jake.

Sandy Navas
July 14th, 2014, 11:41 AM
My eyes welled up with tears for you and your beloved Jake. Peace and pain-free to him!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Ann, others do have worse tragedies & problems but you still get to grieve the loss of a pet. A dog lives with you 24/7, & there is such an affectionate bond. You have every right to grieve.

sewbizzy
July 14th, 2014, 11:47 AM
So sorry for your loss...I know how painful it was when our 13 year old shepherd Bo passed on...you are in my prayers to ease your pain...

Texas Jean
July 14th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I know how much it hurts. I have had to do the same. Try to remember the seven years of love you gave each other.

easyquilts
July 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Ann.... I am so sorry about your loss..... Losing a beloved pet is a true bereavement, and it is entirely proper, and normal, to grieve. A lot if us here have been through losing a cherished furry friend, so we get it.... Don't let anyone tell you to get over it, because Jake was only a dog..... He was much more than that...

RiverMomm
July 14th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I am so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is like losing a part of your heart. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Amy R
July 14th, 2014, 12:07 PM
So sorry. We never have enough time with our fur babies.

auntiemern
July 14th, 2014, 12:10 PM
So very sorry for your loss. RIP Jake. I know how you feel, and it is not easy to let our fur babies go. Maybe in time you will get another. I never could.

Claire Hallman
July 14th, 2014, 01:22 PM
So sorry about the loss of such a young dog. Pets are big parts of our lives it is so sad to see them go. I hope you have other pets to ease your heartache.

We lost a dog to illness about two years ago and just got a new puppy this weekend, lots of work with a new puppy but she is bringing lots of laughter and joy, too.
We have settled down for nine months with no travel plans so this seemed to be the right time. Hope you can find another love soon.

GuitarGramma
July 14th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Oh, Ann. It truly is astounding how much it hurts when we lose a beloved pet. You're right that other people may have bigger issues, but the ache we feel from our pets moving on is really rough. My heart goes out to you.

MayinJerset
July 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Ann, others do have worse tragedies & problems but you still get to grieve the loss of a pet. A dog lives with you 24/7, & there is such an affectionate bond. You have every right to grieve.

I agree with Claire, glad you let us know how you're feeling because so many of us have gone through the same thing. Hugs, May

Pandabear
July 14th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I'm very sorry.

Lonna
July 14th, 2014, 02:26 PM
My thoughts are with you.

Mimis-quilts
July 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Know that gut wrenching, heart tearing feeling very well. So sorry for your loss of your beloved Jake. :icon_sniff:

Iris Girl
July 14th, 2014, 02:55 PM
So sorry for your loss and I feel for you. It is never easy losing a loved pet. My baby ( my tuxedo kitty I helped birth) will be 15 in oct I can not even begin to think of life without her.

Gina
July 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Sorry for your loss Ann! :icon_hug:

Dollyquilts
July 14th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Don't denigrate your feelings because you don't feel they deserve it. Your heart knows what your heart knows. I have felt the pain of losing human loved ones and furry loved ones, and I can't tell the difference. My heart aches for you. I hope the happy memories give you solace soon.

Dolly

Eriepatch
July 14th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I hope you get some comfort from knowing so many of us have experienced the deep heart
break you are going through right now and the empathy we have for you.
In time you will remember the wonderful times you had with your pet instead of the sorrow
of losing him. It takes time.

ozziepuppy
July 14th, 2014, 04:17 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. I have had to go through this also and it is very difficult.

Genny
July 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Ann I'm so sorry to hear this...our pets are part of our familys and its so hard to lose them. Hugs Genny

Bubby
July 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss. We went through that a little over a year ago. Cling to the happy memories and remember how much Jake loved you. Rainbow Bridge is such a special place.

pcbatiks
July 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Ann.......sorry to hear about your buddy Jake. Fur babies bring us so much happiness during their lives........but it's so hard to let them go. Hugs to you.

Loonwatcher
July 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss. And don't worry one bit about this not ranking right up there with some of the tragedies others are going through. The loss of a beloved pet IS the loss of a loved one, a family member. My heart goes out to you.

marytfnp
July 14th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Pets are family.

songbird857
July 14th, 2014, 06:02 PM
so sorry that you have lost your fur baby... :(

laura44
July 14th, 2014, 07:41 PM
So sorry for your loss, I know how you feel.

MRoy
July 14th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Our furbabies are precious to us.

Monique
July 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Sorry for you loss.

SallyO'Sews
July 14th, 2014, 08:51 PM
So sorry for your loss. Hope all this cyber-love helps a little!
Hugs to you, ~ Sally

alliek
July 14th, 2014, 08:52 PM
That's a tough one. I and so many others understand your pain. We've been there. So sorry. (((((())))))

BellasQuilts
July 14th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Ann, so sorry to hear that. I grew up with a dobie and she was the sweetest thing in the world. She even smiled. I still miss her. Sending you a big hug.

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Ann, so sorry to hear about Jake crossing the rainbow bridge. Our fur babies are part of our family and losing them is very difficult. Hugs to you and your family.

WendyI
July 15th, 2014, 12:43 PM
So heartbreaking to lose a family pet. I have shared your pain...you have the right to grieve. Sending (((((HUGS)))))) your way!! Xox

Liberty
July 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM
So sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet :(

Romilly
July 15th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Ann, I'm sorry... losing a dog is just as bad as losing a family member. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Auntpiggylpn
July 16th, 2014, 03:03 PM
My heart is heavy for you. It is so hard to let go of your best friend in the whole world.

DCM
July 17th, 2014, 08:38 AM
So sorry for your loss - I know how you feel as we just lost our fur baby on the 5th. It will take time before your heart doesn't hurt so much. You gave him a wonderful life - hopefully knowing that will help ease your sadness.

Over40momma
July 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Sweetie, it doesn't make any difference about what others are going through......your feelings are just as important!

A dog is a member of our families as much as our children are!!! And the loss is truly devastating. Knowing that your beloved furbaby is free of pain is a comfort but right now the hurt overshadows it. Let yourself grieve, let the sadness have its moment because as time goes on, all the wonderful times you had together will lift the shadow and heal your heart. Until then, lots of hugs and deepest sympathies on the passing of your loyal furbaby.

NanceeCee
July 17th, 2014, 11:22 AM
So sorry, and understand and feel your pain, we have been through this many times. Someday you will be able to remember him with good memories and not feel as much pain. Our big boy is approaching 12, deaf, and slowing down, and we know we will have to let him go in the next few years, but in preparation we got a puppy last year, who has brightened our lives, given new life to him and has become his "ears". The joy we get from them is so worth the pain, and I will keep on taking that joy from as many pets as I can.

Granny Fran
July 17th, 2014, 11:52 AM
So glad you told all of us.....sharing a sorrow can be a real soul healer. The tradegy in having a pet in your life is that we tend to out live them. We have gone through this several times and each time we swear it will be the last, but somehow it isn't. Nothing, no one or no other pet will take Jake's place.....he has just freed up the space in your heart to love another until you are reunited.
With Love

quiltingtrish
July 17th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Ann, I am so sorry to hear that it is Jake's time. They sure hold on to our heartstrings, don't they?
Hugs for you as you hold him in your heart.

Hugs,

mommadeb
July 17th, 2014, 03:15 PM
So sorry to hear. Hugs to you. I found out two weeks ago that my aussie has a softball sized mass in her liver. It is inoperable and she is dying. She is 11yrs old but otherwise completely healthy. She is on some meds now but I am just waiting for the phone call from my daughter saying that my Bindi is gone. My heart is broken. I understand how you feel.

jjkaiser
July 17th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I am so sorry, I too have a dog (have had many over the years). They are such wonderful companions and you will feel the loss daily for awile. Take comfort in all the good years and good times you had together. He knew he was loved to the end and there is nothing better for a dog than unlimited love and feeling worshipped by his owner! My thoughts are with you. Take care.

Suzette
July 17th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss. For many of us, our pets are family and it is heartbreaking to lose them. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs!!!