PDA

View Full Version : Monday is here

Monique
July 14th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Good morning friends. I am sure Blondie is having a blast with her family.

Another work week starting for me, but this work week involves quilting.

I had dinner with my brother and family yesterday. Today is his birthday. He did pick up three more row by row experiences for me. What a guy. He sure loved the Haida art table runner.

That is about it for me this morning. No matter what, smile today, why don'tcha.

Have an awesome day friends.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 14th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Hooray! My long awaited guests from the Netherlands are arriving at noon today! Klasien and Jan will be coming in from Hamilton and Hannibal, Mo to visit a bit here in St. Louis! The weather here is supposed to be under the influence of our famous winter phenomenen, the POLAR VORTEX, HIGH IN THE LOW 70s! And very cool at night!

Hope the mess in the costume dungeon doesn't scare them down to the motel down the street! Must clean a bit before they arrive!

Bubby
July 14th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jean, give Klasien a hug for me. I'm sure you will love seeing her again and meeting Jan.

We had a bad storm last night. My in-laws got here yesterday afternoon. We are taking them out for breakfast this morning and then we will play it by ear. I think they may leave to go visit Jeff's brother and his family and then on to Columbia tomorrow and then home. Talk about a short trip.

Wishing everyone a sweet day!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 14th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jean, give Klasien a hug for me. I'm sure you will love seeing her again and meeting Jan.

We had a bad storm last night. My in-laws got here yesterday afternoon. We are taking them out for breakfast this morning and then we will play it by ear. I think they may leave to go visit Jeff's brother and his family and then on to Columbia tomorrow and then home. Talk about a short trip.

Wishing everyone a sweet day!

I will do that, Barb! I saw the big red radar blobs in your area on the news last night. We just had a little thunder and light rain here.

MayinJerset
July 14th, 2014, 08:24 AM
AC Maintenance scheduled for this morning so I'm up and getting the day started a bit earlier today. It's muggy out and looks like rain so I'll be nice and cool indoors with our AC running smoothly,. Need to do so many small chores today but where to start? I know, I'll open the utility closet and dust the AC and Heating components.

Quiet summer weekend, DH and I took an afternoon ride to a Joann's a little more than 1/2 hour northwest of us, away from the traffic going to and from The Shore. Store was neat and pretty much line my local Joann's and it had lots of customers. It was worth the trip because I picked up a large cutting board that was priced at $49, used 50% off coupon and what was left on my Joann's gift card and it cost me just about $2.00.

Our Blondie must be having a ball with her family all together up there on The Hill.
Jean is in for a good time with Klasien and DH visiting while Bubby is hoping her company keeps traveling on. Everyone enjoy the beginning of a new week.

buckeyequilter
July 14th, 2014, 09:44 AM

Good morning....

We had a nice quiet week-end. I was in a picture taking mood. This picture was last night's moon as it was rising above the tree line.

I didn't get much sewing done...have you ever started a quilt top and then didn't like the way it was going. That is what's happening with me right now...so it's taking forever to sew the blocks together. I guess I could work on other projects and make a block for that one when I feel like it...and it will get done.

Well need to get busy....have a wonderful Monday!

Simply Quilting
July 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Good Monday Morning but not any Monday morning.....today I finally get to stop in at the Missouri Star Quilt Company again. It feels like it has been forever since I have been over there - new store open, restaurants open, warehouse moved. I am taking children over to church camp at Chillicothe so Hamilton is right on the way. I'll have five kiddos in tow but three of them (mine) like to sew/quilt. It will be a short stop but I've got a couple of things I want to pick up. My sweet hubby asked when I was leaving (9AM) and he jokingly said that we would make it to camp about 6PM then. (It actually only takes 2 hours to get there but he knows how much I enjoy shopping at the Missouri Star.)

Have a great week everyone :)

Sandy Navas
July 14th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Good Morning one and all. It's gorgeous here today, the sun is out, it's cool enough that Al has every door and window open, the birds are singing and we have a busy day planned. Sis will be coming up to quilt her goat quilt today. After that, who knows. I'm sure we'll have many giggles along the way.

Shirley, I love your moon shot - you sure have posted some prize photos the past few days.

I posted 13 separate pieces of fabric on the "I Don't Want It, You Can Have It" group yesterday and have already gifted eight of the pieces. You may want to run over there and check out what's left. I've been sorting and pulling out pieces so I will have more to post soon, I hope.

Thinking of Blondie today and hoping she's snuggled with Da Kid and enjoying every single second of the family time. I did have a note from her on Saturday and something 'broke' that's going to take time and money - she didn't elaborate though. I've had prayers going for her.

Y'all have a wonderful day and let all your troubles run down the drain!! Life is good.

ravelim
July 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Good morning. It's beautiful here in the plains today. Am going to start an I spy quilt today. It's for our youngest DG. I'm going to be very "out there". Doing a double slice layer cake because I know I can do that with all of my problems. Can't wait to get started. DH is taking a friend's Mom to the eye doctor in another town 1/2 hour away this morning. I have time to myself today. (DH moved important things into my new sewing room...and I was complaining yesterday that that wouldn't happen. SHAME on me!).

Better go get started
Have a great day everyone.Hugs to all.

SuzyQue
July 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
More erector set to build today......the quilting frame in progress. I laid out the rest of the parts last night to make it go a little faster today and found we were missing 2 pieces. I read back through the instructions and checked our work and found the missing parts, used inadvertently, so we have a little to tear down to get those missing t nuts, then we can zoom through the rest of the set up. I really hope that I can have something to play with by this afternoon! Hubby has some trucks to unload and I need his help, so we will see how it works out! Either way, I have plenty to do around here......but I hope I can play with that quilter!!!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Storm last night here too, but nothing bad. I hope everyone near you did OK, Bubby.

We are looking forward to the cooler weather too, Jean. Hubby is already wondering if he can swing a personal day for tomorrow. I hope he can. He's running on empty.