PDA

View Full Version : Cooking question

Swedish leo
July 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Hi

I am attempting to make pesto and pasta. Never made pesto before so it is exciting.

I am planning to have a pices of salmonfillet to go with. Just sear it in the pan.

My question is: What flaouring should I use to marinated the salmon or what spice should I use?

I want it to marry well with my pesto.

Pesto made with basil, garlic and pinenuts and oil.

Any suggestions ?

Juliebelle
July 14th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I would do just salt and pepper, if you like spicy you could use a little red pepper flakes. Enjoy. I make pesto every summer with all the basil from ou garden, it freezes well.

Wwena
July 14th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I'm with Juliebelle. Sounds delicious, Annika!

Bubby
July 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I agree about keeping the salmon seasoning simple. Pesto is wonderful. I grow large amounts of basil every year and make several batches of pesto and freeze it in small amounts to use throughout the winter. We love to eat it tossed with hot bowtie pasta, a little olive oil and more fresh parmesan cheese. Served with a salad and hot bread it's a real treat.

Preeti
July 14th, 2014, 08:31 AM
I have used pesto as the marinade/seasoning for salmon.
I placed salmon on aluminum foil.
Spread evenly on top the prepared pesto.
Covered the foil and placed it in an oven proof dish. Baked in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Sandy Navas
July 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
You are making me hungry.

Barb, Al and I do something similar - but we also load up the pasta with anchovies. Yeah, I know, we're odd. We even carry anchovies with us if we go to a pizza place that we know doesn't use them . . .

Annika, I agree - simple salt and pepper on your salmon. One of our very favorite fish.

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Anchovies aren't odd, I love them! I just bought some in a tube to try out in sauces and dressings.

New York Sue
July 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Thank You, dear Annika!
You solved the daily dinner debacle!

SallyO'Sews
July 14th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I love pesto! I would go simple on the salmon, so the pesto can be the "star of the show"!