PDA

View Full Version : You don't see this every day

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I was going out to the yard and saw a baby boar walking by and heard a bunch of kids. I ran back to the house to get my camera. They were hanging on the fence across the street, calling. They were walking a baby wild pig and a little dog. I asked if I could take a picture and they all sat down in front of my mailbox.

Sorry so many pictures. It was just to funny. I asked where they lived and it was about a half mile away. Then I asked are you going to put him on a leash? no he just follows us.

The question I didn't want to ask is if they were going to eat him I let that one go. I'm not a farm girl so I didn't want to know.

bubba
July 14th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Looks like luau material to me!!!

tamsterg7
July 14th, 2014, 01:59 AM
No,no, no - he's too cute and thats just yucky!

Looks like luau material to me!!!

Genny
July 14th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Well you're right...you don't see that every day...:lol:

Hulamoon
July 14th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Well having a pet pig following you around for a mile and then eating it just doesn't fit into my mindset.

He came up to me just like a dog and wanted a pet. The kids were tired and I wished I had some popsicles to give them to hang out longer.

Texas Jean
July 14th, 2014, 05:11 AM
If the kids turned that pig into a pet you can bet that he doesn't get eaten. When my father was a little boy his father bought a turkey to fatten for Thanksgiving but something happened and the turkey was not slaughtered. By the time Christmas rolled around the turkey had a name and ended up dying of old age.

MayinJerset
July 14th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Really cute sight of kids and pets. Like Texas Jean's father my mother's father had bought a lamb to fatten and it became the family pet. Her father didn't care and had it slaughter but none of the kids would eat the lamb because they kept hearing its voice.

patchiereggie
July 14th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Awesome pics and story.

HandsOffItsMine
July 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
In Makaha Valley, that little piggy would have been eaten by the time it got to 100 pounds at an ohana's luau. We saw that all the time, baby pigs running around with the family dogs along the country road with the kids. I couldn't do it, hell I would be come a vegetarian if I had to kill anything but a fish. lol

My Opa was to kill a goat one time and the goat reared Opa in the butt. Oma did it in one felt swoop with the machete but she was very mad - an animal killed in angst creates less tender meat in her opinion. He didn't really care...he never had to kill a chicken, goat, pig ever again! lol