PDA

View Full Version : Okay, can you say OVERLOAD!

BellasQuilts
July 13th, 2014, 10:30 PM
We decided to tear out our yucky carpet and put in hard wood floors (everyone related to us has allergies). So, that lead to let's paint, then let's redo closets, etc. Half my house looks like an empty warehouse and the other like we are hoarders. I haven't sewn in weeks and I am having severe withdrawals. Work for both of us is on overdrive, and now DD#2 called and said she just lost her plug and baby #2, due 8/10, may be on its way! I am supposed to watch my DGS when they go to the hospital. We are sleeping in our den, there is no room to move, and I hope I have space to put up his pack and play to sleep in and I hope I will be able to find him in the am! Can you say Super Moon?

Also, the plums on the tree were done, done so I decided to make jam today on top of all this. I think I need therapy. I just want my house back. I want to get rid of 75% of the crap now packed in boxes on the deck, in the living room. My sewing room is stuffed in the spare bathroom and calls me everytime I pass by.

Pray for me. I might snap....I just might....

vchale
July 13th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Oh no! Sounds very frustrating. Hope you new grandchild comes safely and you can hold on a little longer. I feel your pain. Just think how wonderful it will be with new paint, flooring and lots of stuff cleared out. Good luck! We're always here for you.

Sandy Navas
July 13th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Oh, Megan - wish we were all right there to lend a helping hand. Here's to real strength!!! Can you sneak some time off from work for a bit?

pcbatiks
July 13th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Megan......I was going to say the same thing as Vernona. Just remind yourself how pretty everything will look when you are done. Remodels never go as quickly as we hope.......been there & done that! It sounds like you might need a day to unwind, put your feet up and look through a quilting magazine......while the little one is asleep. Hang in there........can't wait to see pictures of the finished work. :)

Hope all goes well with the arrival of the new grandbaby.

MayinJerset
July 14th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Man what a mess but keep at it and a bright clean house will soon be yours.

Simply Quilting
July 14th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Breath in deeply, breath out....just keep thinking of how pretty it will look when it is all done. This mess is only temporary. I can't wait to hear about your new grandbaby :)

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 01:08 AM
I too get stressed out when my house is in chaos. But -- August 10 isn't that far away, so if baby appears soon, it should all be OK. With this kind of stuff, I try to tell myself it's "good" stress -- stress from a full & satisfying life -- remodels, babies, grandchildren -- all good stuff. Good luck. And I hope you find a corner of peace & quiet & order in your house. Sewing calms many of us so maybe getting a corner set up for sewing would help a little?

Claire Hallman
July 14th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Oh my, could you maybe take a little vacation and go stay at your daughter's place to keep the grandchild? Bonus to that would be getting away from your mess and s/he would be comfy at home.
Good luck with that full plate and the new baby.

ravelim
July 14th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Claire has a great idea.

When I was in college, I had a professor that would always say "this, too, shall pass" .when I get like you, I always remember that advice.

Hugs. This too shall pass.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Oh my, could you maybe take a little vacation and go stay at your daughter's place to keep the grandchild? Bonus to that would be getting away from your mess and s/he would be comfy at home.
Good luck with that full plate and the new baby.

I also like Claire's idea.

easyquilts
July 14th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Good grief! That's all I can manage.... Just reading your post put me on overload....

BellasQuilts
July 14th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Yes, I am doing deep breathing these days.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2014, 11:43 PM
In my experience, deep breathing works only so well! You need sewing. Good luck.

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Deep breathing helps, but so does sewing a seam (even if you can only do 1 at a time)! Even planning quilts in your head whenever you get a free minute. I think Claire has a great idea for when the new baby is born - older sibling will be comfy at home and you will get to get away from the normal chaos of a remodel.

BellasQuilts
July 19th, 2014, 01:06 AM
completion is weeks off. I stood today looking into the hall bathroom - that is where my sewing room resides now....so sad.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 19th, 2014, 01:12 AM
completion is weeks off. I stood today looking into the hall bathroom - that is where my sewing room resides now....so sad.

Oh, goodness. I feel your pain! I do not do well with that kind of chaos.

How's the baby situation?

goofyizzy
July 19th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Do you have a local quilt shop that offers sew time in the shop? Maybe you can find your machine and take it for a sew day outside of your home where you won't have all the stuff there to stress you for a while.

BellasQuilts
July 19th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Still waiting!

Oh, goodness. I feel your pain! I do not do well with that kind of chaos.

How's the baby situation?

BellasQuilts
July 19th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Yes, we do! I didn't even think of that. Great suggestion!

Do you have a local quilt shop that offers sew time in the shop? Maybe you can find your machine and take it for a sew day outside of your home where you won't have all the stuff there to stress you for a while.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Still waiting!

Good! Glad to hear it.

Terry L
July 20th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Hmmm, I think I would set up shop in the master bedroom. The must be room there :D

Question?? I see your on the central coast would that be anywhere near Santa Cruz. I was raised there :)

Sheena
July 20th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Sounds like my house!