PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, a day to rest

Monique
July 13th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Good morning friends. I was a little under the weather yesterday so we spent a very quiet day with friends. After all it was hubby's birthday. Not sure how he is going to feel today though. Later on today I will spend with my brother as it his birthday tomorrow. I made him a half hexie table runner using haida art fabric. It turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself.

81773 This is the fabric I used.

Tomorrow is off to work (quilting and watching movies and getting paid to do) at my favorite post office. I am there for the next two weeks.

Phil, Jodi and the girls are on their way home from PEI. Seems like they had a marvelous holiday.

buckeyequilter
July 13th, 2014, 08:54 AM

Good morning.....

No real plans for the day so I think I'll do some sewing. I need to get some laundry done but that's it.

We were out driving around last night and I was taking some photos.....sharing a couple:

This guy was standing close to the road and posed for pictures for me :)

I took some pictures of the super moon...but so did a million other people, so here is yesterday's sunset:

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Ginny B
July 13th, 2014, 09:26 AM
It's a bit too cloudy and chilly for the beach this morning for me so we will not be heading down there. I am disappointed and so is dh but since we got most of our errands and chores done yesterday, we can have a nice relaxing day at home. Our sideyard is in need of some major attention but I don't think we will tackle that today. As the title of this thread says: Sunday, a day to rest. Of course, for me resting does include sewing. :icon_bigsmile:

We went to see Procol Harum last night and dh really enjoyed them. They are not quite my cup of tea -- a bit too much with the bass and drums (felt like somebody was throwing things at my chest), the flashing lights bothered my eyes and, while they are very good on their instruments -- the music itself is very good -- the lyrics to the songs are a bit morose for me. I asked dh during the intermission if they did any "happy" songs and he said "Not many". But he was happy and so I was happy too. He has come to many a country concert with me and that's not his "cup of tea" .

Have a great day.

MayinJerset
July 13th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Great photos Shirley, will take a look for the super moon tonight.
Monique, Hope you're feeling better today and get to enjoy your brother's Bday with him.

Quiet weekend here, yesterday DH and I did some gardening and he opened the box the gazebo came in. He checked out the list of parts and they all are there which is good. Also I hope he really goes through the installation directions carefully before he begins as that was one step stressed by the reviewers of the product. He told me he did but then again he always says that It's not 9am yet and feeling very hot and sticky out so we may skip gardening and gazebo and go out for the day. Probably head west to avoid all the traffic going to and from The Shore but being careful to avoid those coming and going to the mountains.

ravelim
July 13th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Like u May, my sewing room project was duly looked 3 times by DH. Yup,I can see what needs to be done. He did vacuum the room so at least there was progress. Tee-hee. What a guy!

Shirley,the pictures are great. And loved the little flower toes.

Monique, hope u feel better.

Think we have the dog climbing the fence fixed. She didn't get out yesterday so we'll see today.

Its rainy and muggy here. Oh, now that I say that, the sun has come out and it looks beautiful.
The rainy weather makes my RA hurt. I'm on the edge here, girls. Lol

A fun reading day is in store for me. Hugs to everyone.

Sandy Navas
July 13th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I sure wish my toesies were smiling like Shirley's. My feet were swelling from being on them and from the heat yesterday - and that's very unusual for me.

While I was out playing around yesterday Al got the front yard mowed and with the gentle rain we had over night all the clippings have been pushed back to the ground and it looks wonderful out there. I told Al last night that everytime we mow the earth gets bigger and bigger as the grass clippings make mulch. Same in the forests - as the leaves fall in the autumn and decay over the winter months they are just increasing the earth's girth. Wonder why no one has done a story on that? How long has it been since someone determined exactly how big around the earth is? Inquiring minds want to know.

The heat and high humidity are taking their toll on me - so I'm excited to hear our weatherman say it is supposed to be much cooler this week.

Everyone out there take time to smell the roses, relax, have a quiet day and enjoy the ones around you!! Oh, and since Blondie is off having fun with Eleanor, please SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!

Auntpiggylpn
July 13th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I woke up to this! I'm not sure how I slept thru it. I was awakened by our Schnoodle, Louie, during the night because rain storms make him very nervous. Fortunately, the glass table top didn't brake and the umbrella survived also. And we lost a piece of siding too!