PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Pigeon Forge, TN

LindaKay75
July 13th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I'm planning a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN in August and was wondering if anybody has had any bad or good experiences in the hotels there. So many to choose from. Thought maybe somebody has already been there and done that and can fill me in. First time to Dollywood!
:icon_wave:

Terri
July 13th, 2014, 06:06 AM
We go every year, at least once...if not twice. Never stay in a hotel, always rent a cabin. We have found a fabulous cabin in Sevierville, actually on the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge "border". If you go to VRBO - The Most Popular Vacation Rental Site in the US (http://www.vrbo.com) enter property # 432403. It's absolutely out favorite cabin that we have ever rented. We have stayed there 5 times, each stay was for ten nights. Its appx ten minutes from the parkway, but you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. We were there in April and hope to go back in September. There is an AMAZING quilt shop in Sevierville called The Cherry Pit. Hope this helps. Have fun!!!!!

Terri
July 13th, 2014, 06:11 AM
I see you are in South Florida....I am a Florida native, born & raised in Naples. Been in SC since I married DH almost 34 yrs ago. If you are going to Dollywood and like/love Southern Gospel you MUST take in at least on of the Kingdom Heirs shows while you are there. They do three shows a day and usually are off one day a week. So check the entertainment schedule on the Dollywood website to see when they will be there, if you would like to see & hear them. They are my favorite!!

Auntpiggylpn
July 13th, 2014, 11:45 AM
We also never stay in a hotel. We went a couple of years ago to Gatlinburg and in October will be going to Pigeon Forge. We rent a cabin and like it so much more than a hotel. We bring our little dogs and always get a pet friendly cabin. We use this site HomeAway: Vacation Rentals, Beach Houses, Cabins & More (http://www.homeaway.com) to find what we are looking for!

Slokarma
July 13th, 2014, 11:52 AM
We rented a cabin too. A weeks stay and we mostly ate at the cabin. I guess it depends on whether you want to be waited on or be the one doing the waiting on!

pcbatiks
July 13th, 2014, 12:35 PM
We have been to the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area several times and have always rented a cabin. The main reason was so that we could sit out on the deck and enjoy the view and relax. If you decide to check on a cabin start looking early........there are about a gazillion of them in that area. The traffic on the main road through Pigeon Forge can be very heavy with lots of traffic lights.....something to keep in mind when deciding what area to stay.

If you decide on a hotel........I would try tripadvisor for reviews.

We have used VRBO & Homeaway and the link below.

Volunteer Cabin Rentals - Smoky Mountain Rental Cabins near Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg Tennessee (http://www.volunteercabinrentals.com/)

SallyO'Sews
July 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
DS and DIL spent their honeymoon in eastern Tennessee in a cabin, but I don't know where, exactly. I will check with him & get back to you. Have a great time!

LindaKay75
July 13th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Terri, thank you for your response. I did check out the cabin in Sevierville, however, we decided to stay very close to Pigeon Forge. Since it's two old ladies (me and my sister) ha that is traveling it's more practical staying in a hotel. I'll keep this website for future trips. Thank you for your help.
Linda

LindaKay75
July 13th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Oh Terri, I meant to tell you we will definitely go see the Kingdom Heirs show. Yes we love Southern Gospel and admire Billy Graham. Thanks for that information. I live in W.P.B. for 35 years now. Would love to move back to N.C. where I'm originally from. I came here from Springfield, MO. and loved it there, people so nice. Linda

LindaKay75
July 13th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Oh thank you very much for this information. However, us two old ladies (sisters) thought it might be safer to stay at a hotel near Pigeon Forge, walking distance to everything, as we don't like to drive on congested busy roads downtown. We thought even the trolley from a hotel would get us to and from. I will give this website to my sister as she and her husband have two dogs that travel with them. Cabins are so nice and was surprised to see how reasonable they are.

pcbatiks
July 13th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hi Linda, there is a big bar-be-cue place in Pigeon Forge that is really good if you're hungry for BBQ. Don't remember the name but you will probably see it when you get there. Have fun on your trip.

LindaKay75
July 14th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Pam, are you kidding!!!!! I haven't had good barbecue since I left N.C./TN. We will definitely look for it. Thank you.
Linda
P.S. I'm still learning the ropes on using this forum.