PDA

View Full Version : Travel Plans made and 1 short, QUICK night in Cuba, Missouri!

HdWench
July 12th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I am enjoying being IN our home for the 1st time EVER since we moved here from New York City so long ago! We sold our shop in Ohio so no visit to Effingham this year, but are planning on stopping into campground in Cuba, Missouri August 6th... Seems someone (or a few) folks are there?

Will be pulling in with (hopefully) 4 cats, road tired but I'm always up for Coffee and Chat!

Busy sewing clothing now because gaining 40 pounds the last 2 years and how odd nothing fits :icon_heh:

:-Debbie

Sandy Navas
July 12th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Hmmmm, may be worth a trip to Cuba just to see you again. (I already know it would be worth it to see Bubby!!) Are you planning to make it to Hamilton in September though? Please let me know.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 12th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Oh how I wish I could be there to see you, but I will be in Iowa visiting my grandsons on Aug. 6! What camp ground are you staying at? The one right off I-44 just west of Cuba? Good friends of mine own/ used to own that campground and live adjacent to it still! Such fond memories of that place!

auntiemern
July 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Cuba isn't to far from me, I may be able to make a short day trip.

Monique
July 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Sounds like a party in the making.

HdWench
July 16th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Cool anyone we'll set outside and enjoy some coffee chat :-)

Yes, it is the small one in the nice big trees just off the highway (and darn if I can dredge up the name right now), but probably one of the only ones in Cuba??

No, Sandy I can't get to the retreat this year because the Minnesota Renaissance Festival runs through the last weekend in September and it was moved forward *crying*... Hate that I won't see you all again this year -- BUT then we are putting our Business up for Sale and only going to travel where and when we want to *Yippie* SO after this year I'll make sure to get to the retreat!!

Have 2 of the oldest cats (some of you've seen)... Bonnie our 18 year old Norweign Forest and KayCee (the Himi/Siamese) with renal failure so this is probably their last year on the road with us - well maybe their last year period. I'm OK and been preparing myself -- don't ask me about my Baby Sandia she's going to hurt me awful

Anywho Will keep in touch as the weeks get closer. Do a few of you have my cell phone number? I'll send Sandy and Jean PM with it just in case anyone wants to call -- Only during driving and I up during the day -- at home or after we stop I begin some odd vampire sleep thing and don't get up until about 7 pm!! Nuts I know

Marilyn! I love to see you again too if you can make it, and Bubba or whoever is around, Thanks

:-Debbie

Mom23
July 16th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Aw Debbie, I wish you were coming through Effingham again this year. Sorry I won't be able to see you. Thankfully your health is well enough for you to travel.

Robin