PDA

View Full Version : Friday, the last day of the work week.

Monique
July 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good morning friends. A beautiful sunny start to the day here. I am assuming Blondie is putting the finishing touches on her clean-up.

I had a busy day yesterday, work in the morning, groceries in the afternoon, and grass cutting in the evening. My back is surely telling me to take it easy today. The yard looks good except where the raccoons have dug.

Last day of work at this post office. It has been great and they like me over there, which is a good thing. I did called for two more days in August at another post office. I think they are fighting over me? Not sure.

Next two weeks are quilting times. I may have enough time to finish the square in a square for my brother.

My hubby's birthday is on Saturday. We found out where the Orangeman's parade will be held. We may attend that and Monday is my brother's birthday so we were invited on Sunday to celebrate them both together. Then I get to pick up the three row by rows he picked up for me.

Well I need to shower, so y'all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

:icon_wave:

buckeyequilter
July 11th, 2014, 09:39 AM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/nt1qu1ty2002/timetodothefridaydancetr9-1-1.gif

Looking forward to the week-end!! I have a couple of quilts begging to be finished!

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Good Morning, everyone! Wish I felt like Shirley's kittens - if I could shake like that I'd be most happy.

I'm excited for Monique since she has some 'me' time scheduled and can get some sewing done. Happy Birthday to both your wonderful Les and your brother!

I got some major clean-up done in my sewing room yesterday morning - and was truly surprised how quickly a corner piled with scraps and odds and ends got sorted through and put away. There is still one small box left to go through and some things that I need to press and cut into strips or squares. Other than that it's looking good there. Next up? About 8 different small totes that have scraps that also need attention.

In the afternoon I went to the workshop with Al and we spent a couple hours there sorting through stuff and sneezing in the dust. Also made good progress. It's amazing what a 'stacker' Al is - he had a pile of papers on his desk there that was close to two feet tall - and papers, receipts, envelopes that went back at least 7 or 8 years. What?

Hoping everyone has a wonderful, fun-filled day. The sky is overcast here and that always brings my spirits tumbling down.

If anyone sees Blondie let her know that we're excited about her visitors and sure hope she hasn't worn herself to a frazzle . . . or maybe she's just a-frayed knot??

ravelim
July 11th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Shirley,you bring a twinkle to my eye! I love the cats.
DH is taking down a tree stump that our little dog seems to think is her escape route from the yard. She jumps on the stump them somehow jumps the fence. She acts like she's going to morning coffee with friends. She's back within the hour, barks once at the door in front and is let in. She then settles down for a morning nap. (She's not spoiled or anything ha ha).

Our DD is going through a divorce. She's in a nice house now (that is not ours) but she gets lonely. I feel for her. Is that a normal feeling for her situation?

Our sil is a great kid but went to war and came home broken - just not himself. Through a year of counseling and 4 years of just trying to live with him, he just never came back . Became a nasty guy.

Enough worrying this morning. Don't you love the DD today. I want it so badly but no money. Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

Where is Ryan and that beautiful boy child?

Blessings to everyone. Hugs for those who need them.

Smile!

MayinJerset
July 11th, 2014, 10:27 AM
For someone who planned a very early start this morning I'm really way behind, just finished my first cup of coffee at 9:15. Need to sew last few rows on quilt I'm working on and then my Pfaff is going in for some maintenance. A few times it didn't stop sewing when I released the foot pedal and once it began sewing by itself. Have several packages to mail so stop at post office and other errands on tap for this afternoon.

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend and perfect time to install our new deck gazebo but DH has had no luck getting DSs to help him. One is going on vacation, one hasn't returned DH's phone call and last one lives out of state and just had a hernia repair so he has a good reason. We'll see how much I can help DH. First I need to make him read the directions and lay out all the parts as recommended by all the gazebo's reviewers.

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2014, 10:53 AM
May, sure hope your machine issues are simple. I remember a 'thread' here some time back where someone had similar issues and it turned out there was a piece of thread or a cat whisker or something inside the foot pedal. Worth a check if you haven't left the house yet.

Simply Quilting
July 11th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Shirley, I like the dancing cats.

Mary, I had a friend go through a similar situation. It is sad for everyone involved. To this day, he is still not back to his old normal self. They've been divorced for over 5 years. I don't think it uncommon for a lady in her position to be lonely. But rushing into another relationship can be worse, she needs time to heal and figure out who she is and what she wants. My friend just got remarried to an amazing guy a couple weeks ago. She said it was worth waiting the five lonely years for. They are an amazing couple together. Praying for your daughter during this time.

We are celebrating our oldest son's 13th birthday today. Doesn't seem possible that he is that old. A fairly calm party is planned. Invited 2 boys to go to the pool for the afternoon, then back here for pizza and watching the "Lego Movie". By the way, if you've not seen the Lego movie, it has a good message for parents.

Have a great day and an awesome weekend everyone :)

Lissau
July 11th, 2014, 12:10 PM
G'day All

I' m not normally a cat person but they made me smile :). I sure wish l could move like that and not be in pain .........I seem to remember a time when l was pain free seems like another lifetime now .....have a great day

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I will not take for granted the 5 minute commute I have everyday for my school job once this job in the city is over in 4 weeks. It took me an hour and a half to get home. The traffic is horrendous and I am glad I don't have to do it for 30 some years.

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend May. I will be coming for the show and tell on Saturday night even though I didn't do an entry this year. I just like getting together with you all. I think Gini is coming again too.

Tomorrow is my monthly quilt day with my friend down at our church. It's usually just me and her sewing the day away. It's also usually the only time I can get any quilting done - except for the summer when I seem to push out the projects. This summer, not so much with this fill-in job. Thought I would help a friend out who had a baby - the money is nice but I miss my summer off. I just finished 10 years working for the school and it's the first summer I've worked. I think I will have a week and a half off in-between that one ending and school starting. I hope she doesn't have another baby next summer.

Well, off to get the project or projects ready for tomorrow. Think I will work on putting together a new quick quilt for our bed. I'm tired of the 2 I have that fit it, so time for a new one.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Hugs,

MayinJerset
July 11th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Trish, I'll be there on Saturday also. Still working on my color challenge. Made it a personal challenge also to do something different. It's not coming out as I thought it would but I'm going with what I have. It will be interesting to see what all the other gals and guys came up with. I also enjoy getting together with all the gang. How long do we all know each other? Thinking when we all were part of Alex Anderson's forum, my goodness that must be about 14 - 15 years ago. So many quilts ago to be sure. May

MayinJerset
July 13th, 2014, 09:44 AM
May, sure hope your machine issues are simple. I remember a 'thread' here some time back where someone had similar issues and it turned out there was a piece of thread or a cat whisker or something inside the foot pedal. Worth a check if you haven't left the house yet.

Sandy, Haven't brought the machine to the repair shop yet but will have DH check out the foot pedal before I do.