PDA

View Full Version : I'm not allowed to go outside today...

BellasQuilts
July 10th, 2014, 08:40 PM
We camp with a group of friends. I had it on our calendar it was this weekend. So, we load up the camper and arrive at the camp location. No one is there. I look at the flyer they sent out. We were a week early. Dad gum it! Both DH and I took two days off each from work. Now I can only hope the boss will let me take the same days off next week. DH was great. He said, "Well, at least it was only local and we didn't leave for Idaho a week too soon!" What a guy. He had washed the truck and the trailer, hooked it all up, etc.

So, I'm not allowed to go outside today and mess anything else up!

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Megan, it's 2014 - do we need to get you a different calendar? Recycling them always gets me in trouble.

ilive2craft2
July 10th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I thought I was the only one to do that? Hope you can take the additional time off for the correct weekend and that you go ahead and enjoy this "practice" weekend. :)

bhaggerty
July 10th, 2014, 11:00 PM
LOL! I have done that with birthday parties for my kids! Ring the doorbell and low and behold the party is next week! Hahahaha! My kids might think I am nuts but I tell them well, now we have your friend's gift already wrapped and ready for their party next week!

BellasQuilts
July 10th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Yes, we will probably be the proud recipients of the "rubber chicken". This is given to the member who does something really stupid during the campout. You have to hang it outside your trailer for all to see. I will share pictures when we get it. Oy vay!

BobW
July 10th, 2014, 11:33 PM
You just needed to make a trial run and make sure you have every thing you need in the RV! It was smart planning on your part!

Cathy F
July 11th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Been there, done that! Was a day early for a birthay party and wondered why I didn't see anyone else we knew in the restaraunt. Well, it was because the party was the following night!

rebeccas-sewing
July 11th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Look at it this way, you will have so little to do to get ready for the upcoming trip. I hate it when that happens. I did something similar when my mother-in-law came to visit. She was kind enough to buy tickets for us to attend a concert. I purchased the tickets and had the wrong date set in my mind. We showed up a day late. A day early sure would've been better. Be glad for that. Talk about embarrassing, not to mention the loss of money and missing the concert. At least all is not lost for you guys. Hopefully, your boss will be understanding.

Terri
July 11th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Been there done that too many times to count with various events & activities. My saying now is "that's what sticky notes are for"! If I could only remember to write it down on a sticky note! LOL I write all appts on every calendar in the house and tape said appt cards to our bathroom mirror in chronological order---mine on the left side, DH on the right side. I take down the card once we have gone to said appointment. It sure helps me.