PDA

View Full Version : Homemade treat!

Swedish leo
July 10th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hi

To day I made homemade pannacotta with strawberrys and fresh mint.

And Johanna and I went in the forrest to pick some ( I think you call them ) wild strawberrys.
and I made some pannacotta with those to.

Wild strawberrys is a tiny berry that look like strawberry but it is not. and it has its own uniqe flavuor.

I can hardly wait until the pannacottas has set so we can dive in to them.

They are definitely this summer favorite dessert.
And they are so easy to make. And our house smell so good after making those treats!

:icon_wave:

Susann
July 10th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Oh, YUM!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Wow! It sounds so delicious! We have a wild strawberry here in the US, it looks like a baby strawberry, but there is no flavor to them. They have taken over my garden.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Jean beat me to it - we have wild strawberries all over the back yard - and I agree, ours have no flavor . . .

Swedish leo
July 10th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Oh, I am so sorry that they do not have flavour.
Ours here in Sweden have plenty of flavor.
It is every childs first berry they pick on there own and it is delish.
Every summer for as long as I can remember, summer means going to pick the wild strawberrys and put them on a straw and eating them one by one. It is very good summer memorys.

Wwena
July 10th, 2014, 05:23 PM
It is every childs first berry they pick on there own and it is delish.
Every summer for as long as I can remember, summer means going to pick the wild strawberrys and put them on a straw and eating them one by one. It is very good summer memorys.

Too true! This is what we use to do with them (and then eat them of course) when I was a kid and I'm teaching my kids to do the same now. :)

Your dessert sounds yummy, Annika!

Midge
July 10th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Yummy pannacotta and berries! I am so jealous! And I had no idea your wild strawberries were so good. Ours are charming looking, but such a disappointment. I even tried cooking ours down a bit once to make a sauce, thinking that might develop some flavor. Nope, not even a little bit. Our berries have not been so good here in northeast Ohio this year. Our horrible winter last year has affected the yield. I decided against making strawberry preserves to can. I'll wait for raspberry season and see what happens then.

Bubby
July 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Your dessert sounds wonderful!!!