PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday, can you dig it?

Monique
July 9th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Good morning dear friends. We had quite the rain storm last evening. It rained so hard. I see the sun trying to peak out this morning.

A day off work, I will spend it my friend Bonnie. She has to have a colonoscopy this morning so I will stay with Ted until the sitter comes then meet up with Bonnie and do something. So not sure what is on the agenda.

My brother is traveling and picked up two more row by rows yesterday and had to call and tell me about them. He will pick up the third today. What a good brother I have. I will only need at least one more to complete the project.
This is getting exciting.

So SMILE everyone and have yourself a grand day.

Bubby
July 9th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Morning Monique & Everyone,

I'm going to have a busy day. I have errands to run and loads of housework to do. I also would like to drop a quilt off for Reggie to work her magic.

Wishing you all a blessed day!

Blondie
July 9th, 2014, 09:10 AM

Happy Wednesday Folksies!

Just getting in from staying with The Moms last night. We stayed up late and I was too tired to climb back up The Hill.
So, here I sit, content that I have a fresh pot of coffee. Thank you, Luscious, you're special that way.

My little pick me up truck has one more load to go to the community thrift. There will be some happy quilters if they shop there - some books and magazines that I no longer wanted or needed. Of course, there is another box for the library as well. And you KNOW that there is still a full bookshelf - well, let's not exaggerate ~ a few shelves on the bookshelf, full of books and magazines specifically for quilting. I thought to try to sell some on ebay but haven't had much success. Still trying to figure out if I want to do anything on Craigs list. So, to the thrift it goes. The money from the store stays local - heckfire shoot! They even have their own veg garden each year to help with the homeless and hungry. Now that is my kinda thrift.

Monique, you are a great friend! And your brother! Wow, is all that comes to mind. I sure wish I had a brother that would do things like that.

Have a wonderful day, folksies. We are in the beginning stages of doing a rain dance here - the rain clouds gather, thunder threatens and then it waltzes right up on the other side of The Hill. grrr. Hope everyone in the line of the storms in the NW last evening fared well.

SMILE!

RiverMomm
July 9th, 2014, 09:18 AM
We had quite the rain storm last evening. It rained so hard. I see the sun trying to peak out this morning.

We were hit by the same storm last night. The power couldn't decide if it wanted to stay on or go off . After resetting the clocks several times, I finally gave up and waited until this morning.

I am thinking about working on my stash today. I want to wrap all the fabric on comic book boards. I did this last year but have added more fabric. It would be a lot easier if I would remember to re-wrap the fabric I open as I sew. Right now, I have a mess of fabric-some wrapped and on the shelf, some waiting to be wrapped on the desk, some not wrapped but placed on the shelf and then a lot just shoved in places.

Rain or shine, hope everyone has a great quilting day. Because we all know, even if you are not quilting, it's not far from your mind.

buckeyequilter
July 9th, 2014, 09:42 AM
http://www.allgraphics123.com/graphics/funny/funny75.gif

Good morning.....

I have started deep cleaning the house....didn't realize how deep the dust and junk got. I'm not calling it spring cleaning because I'm a little late for that. I also need to clean my sewing room....gosh what a mess!!!

My best friend let me know that she has to have some tests done and may need surgery. The doctor is fairly certain that my friend has cancer. We have been friends since 5th grade and have been through a lot together....marriages, births, deaths, divorces, raising families...we've been through it all. I have a quilt top that I didn't know what to do with...now I know. I'm going to put it on the frame this week and get it quilted. Hope to take it to her this week-end.

Well better get back to work....have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2014, 09:45 AM
It would be a lot easier if I would remember to re-wrap the fabric I open as I sew. Right now, I have a mess of fabric-some wrapped and on the shelf, some waiting to be wrapped on the desk, some not wrapped but placed on the shelf and then a lot just shoved in places.

Were you speaking of my sewing room????????????

HandsOffItsMine
July 9th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Still dragging health wise...getting very tired of it. I would like to trade in this body for a new one.

Kids/GKs arrived in California yesterday, glad that they arrived safely. Long four days in a car for a two and almost 4 year old but they did really well. TG for DVD players. lol Today Matt will see his old hairdresser to get cleaned up for the wedding and off to the La Brea Tar Pitts they go along with the Natural History Museum. Zander is already in Calif with his dad but I told the Bride that all the grandkids are "on loan" - they must be sent back! Now if Disney offers Matt a job again...who knows! lol

HandsOffItsMine
July 9th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Shirley, prayers for your dear friends. May it be malignant.

Huggers, Ruby

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Sending prayers to Shirley's friend. Sounds like my Donna . . . who is acting pretty complacent about it all . . .

Sounds like Vicki and I have a very similar problem. Funny, while at Missouri Star last week for their BOM of Home is Where the Haunt is, I couldn't find my pattern and had to borrow someone's. Yesterday I decided I'd best find my copy so I pulled all the stray stuff together and started putting some things away - moved some stuff away from the walls, searched and searched. Then I decided I'd straighten out my traveling sewing case and get ready for the next BOM trip . . . and there was the pattern. Now, can someone tell me why I couldn't find it when I was in Hamilton? And I know it was RIGHT THERE!!

Making a trip to Lenexa, KS today, will sneak over to Overland Park and check out the Addadi Fabric store while there . . . looking mostly for backing fabrics.

Y'all have a wonderful day and keep the lights on.

MayinJerset
July 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Rained last night and seemed to have cooled area off, hope it keeps up for the rest of the day. Today we'll be home and catching up with stuff we put off that past 2 busy days. Monday we had a very early trip to see DGD before she flew for home and yesterday I spent most of the day at my sister's giving her a quilt lesson and also eating some great food. Today it's laundry and work on my challenge quilt, just got a reminder email that the retreat begins next Wednesday! Now if I remember all I taught my sister yesterday about how to properly add borders to quilts so they don't get wavy I will finish my color challenge quilt. Most likely no time to quilt it but just tops are acceptable for our challenge contest display next Sat. evening.

Expecting a gazebo for our deck to be delivered early this evening. Went to power wash our deck's old retractable awning last week and found that the canvas is coming off the track because it's rotted. Glad that Lowe's has a new stock of outdoor structures as every other place we looked in person and on line are out of the type we wanted. Really would love to have a screened porch on the deck but that would be quite expensive so the gazebo will have to do. Many years ago we had a big patio and DH and our youngest son built a screen porch over part of it that eventually became part of our house as our TV room. Rest of the patio eventually became our deck which I think DS#2 gave DH a little help with.

Wish we could do it again where the gazebo is going but DH hasn't the strength to do it and our sons who live in Jersey, DS#1 & DS#2, are always too busy with their own stuff. Little do they know Dad will be calling them today to tell them he needs help putting the gazebo up - they better hop to it because Mom is getting a little annoyed at their standoffness lately. Think sons are worried that DH and I are getting older and might need more help getting things done, which is true but they have been keeping a blind eye and deaf ear to what they see and what I've been telling them. Dad and Mom helped wallpaper, build retaining walls, build huge decks with roofs and also moving them several times and it's pay back time boys. Whenever DS#3 visits I put him and his kids to work.
Oh, how did I get off on a vent, probably because of the events of the past few months. Better change the subject and get smiling and get DH's undies washed.81489

Monique
July 9th, 2014, 10:15 AM
P/S The sun did not stay out long. UGH!!!

ravelim
July 9th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Morning everyone.
Shirley, hope things go well for your friend no matter th prognosis. I learned good can come from illness.

Supposed to be a great weather day here. Our little dog loves being outside but on a day like this, she'll be outside most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day.