PDA

View Full Version : 4024 miles traveled by land and alive to tell the tale

Familyjournals
July 8th, 2014, 07:04 PM
We just returned! We covered the midsection of the United States and loved it all the way! Home after 2 fun filled weeks!

I got my picture with Jenny in Hamilton! She is great and so much fun.

Visited with her darling daughter Sarah on two different occasions and was told by the gal that helped me pick out enough fabric to start a new store that I was the biggest sale she ever had! I don’t think I was there on her first day……. Maybe not the best distinction to have☺ And that was only one of their stores on one day. I was there two………

Love it! The whole team there!! Now I just need to get to work!

The wind was blowing like crazy and I blew in the store and Jenny's sweet husband snagged a photo of us. No time for 2nd chances.....this one will have to do.

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Okay, you know I'm up in arms!!! Why didn't you tell me when you were there? You know I'm close enough to run over for a hug or two, right?

I'll forgive you but you have to promise NEXT TIME!!

Judy, USMC
July 8th, 2014, 11:26 PM
So glad to hear you made it safely and enjoyed your shopping! Hope you found a nice place to stay ...

Great shot of you & Jenny, too. Now I'm waiting on pics of the clerk's record breaking sale and please let us know which shop you liked the best. BTW is the Batik shop open yet?

RoseMA
July 9th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Sounds like you had loads of fun.
I'm sure you're happy to be home safe too.
Cheers!

Terri
July 9th, 2014, 05:45 AM
What a treat! Did you buy enough for all of us?? :D Just reading the title of the thread made me tired....over 4000 miles!!! WOW!!!

Familyjournals
July 9th, 2014, 11:13 AM
So glad to hear you made it safely and enjoyed your shopping! Hope you found a nice place to stay ...

Great shot of you & Jenny, too. Now I'm waiting on pics of the clerk's record breaking sale and please let us know which shop you liked the best. BTW is the Batik shop open yet?

I loved all the shops, everyone with their different personalities. The batik shop isn't done however in my excited haste to get to the shop by it I nearly got hit with a falling brick as they worked on the facade. The next day they had caution tape up.....daaaaah, couldn't have been because I don't have the sense enough not to walk under ladders ..........oh and yes I've found a place to stay close enough for us. We stayed 3 days in Liberty in a Marriott. Loved liberty, Independence and Pleasant valley. I'll post some pictures after I unpack this morning.

Familyjournals
July 9th, 2014, 03:20 PM

Judy, if you are going there, I need to say something about the Marriott Fairfield in Liberty. We stayed in 13 different Marriotts on this trip, using several different products that Marriott has. This was the very smallest ever. The bathroom was tiny. I don't know how they can get in to clean it. It had no bathroom sink counter top. It was clean but so very tiny. The hotel has two sections and I believe this section was for railroaders. There was a huge group of hotels in that area to choose from and we stopped counting at 20 restaurants. It isn't too far from Liberty to Hamilton for us to travel. But then we live on a mountain and anywhere we go takes time so traveling doesn't bother us. When you go, let me know and I'll tell you more if you'd like. I'm so excited for you!

Familyjournals
July 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Okay, you know I'm up in arms!!! Why didn't you tell me when you were there? You know I'm close enough to run over for a hug or two, right?

I'll forgive you but you have to promise NEXT TIME!!

Sandy you are so dang cute!!!! I didn't say when I was there because I've always been leery of putting my schedule up on social media. So my show and tell happens afterwards.

I was everywhere in Missouri, Hamilton, Liberty, Independence, Kansas City, Springfield, Branson, Joplin, Mexico, Lebanon, Hannibal, Osage Beach, you name it I was probably there! We were in Hamilton city Missouri, Hamilton City Illinois, and Hamilton County Iowa!!!

There will be a next time! But I'm flying into Kansas City next time and renting a trailer to come home in. Just kidding about the flying... no really the trailer. I just need to sew like a demon and save like crazy to support my habit. Next time I will try to get a group together when I come and we will have a great time!!!! You can bet on it!

WendyI
July 9th, 2014, 11:15 PM
wow...what an awesome trip!!! Sounds like you had a blast. What a great pic!!!