PDA

View Full Version : #1 thing I don't like......

bubba
July 7th, 2014, 11:29 PM
at this exact moment, is the sty on my eyelid!!!! It oozes, it itches, it hurts.......make it stop!

asta
July 7th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I feel for you Pat, just a miserable situation!

SallyO'Sews
July 7th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Ooohhh, no, I had one of those a month ago. No fun at all. Hope you're better soon. (Warm compresses gave me some relief.)

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 7th, 2014, 11:43 PM
No fair! Warm compresses do help but it's still miserable.

Terry L
July 7th, 2014, 11:45 PM
How about a warm compress, it will draw out the oozez or even better a couple of shots will help you forget :D

bubba
July 7th, 2014, 11:55 PM
I've been doing the warm compresses since yesterday....shots are starting to sound pretty good!

Gina
July 8th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Oooooo not good! Sorry for your pain! My husband had one recently and like to have never got rid of it! Awful things!

Quiltfreestyle
July 8th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Oh Pat, I hope you get better real soon,,, this is totally not fair now that you are retired. You should only have good days !!!

bkthomas
July 8th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Oooh, feel better Pat......I wonder if something like Benadryl would help.....

bubba
July 8th, 2014, 01:26 AM
I've been doing allergy pills, because we were up in the woods and I thought that was what it was, and those didn't help. The pack helps quite a bit and it feels like the last time really helped a lot.......I'll do it again before I go to bed. I'm quite a sight in the morning tho, it's swollen and crusted over and looks like I was punched! I asked MM this morning what he did to me last night as I slept!

Andrea F
July 8th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Ohhh that's bad. I hope it goes away quickly and you feel better soon.

Bubby
July 8th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I hope you kick this thing soon, Pat. I haven't had one in many years but I can remember how miserable they can be. Take Care.

Terri
July 8th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Ouch! Never had one, but have heard they can make you miserable. Take care, hope your feeling better soon.

Madeforyouinma11
July 8th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Oh my...they can be very painful. Keep up with the warm compresses. A warm tea bag also helps a lot on stys and boils. Something in the tea helps draw it out. Hope you feel better soon.

Monique
July 8th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Oh my...they can be very painful. Keep up with the warm compresses. A warm tea bag also helps a lot on stys and boils. Something in the tea helps draw it out. Hope you feel better soon.

Hot tea bags works. Feel better soon.

songbird857
July 8th, 2014, 10:02 AM
yuck. :(

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Now, I'm surprised that no one has come up with the right remedy. Grandma used to take off her gold wedding band and have you rub it vigorously back and forth over the eyelid (probably the 'heat' did it??) and that always worked very, very well to control a sty. Try it - it's not too late.

Anyone else ever have this done or heard of it?

Over40momma
July 8th, 2014, 10:27 AM
My hubby has suffered with sty problems for years. A friend of ours (a licensed opthamologist) recommended making some chamomile tea, wait til its cooled. Using either a papertowel or facecloth, put some of the cool tea on it and set it gently on the area with the sty. Dab, don't rub. Do this 2 or 3 times a day (for hubby I do it morning and night because of his work schedule.) This method is also good for preventing them.......when you start to get the "tingle" that warns its coming.

bubba
July 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! When I woke up this morning, it was completely swollen shut....at least the pain is gone, until I touch it! I will try tea bags in a big...trying to decide between ginger peach or vanilla coconut! I have no chamomile and am not going to risk driving with one eye.....not to mention I'd terrify any small children I'd come across!

I just want to sew!

Wrenmuzz
July 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Now, I'm surprised that no one has come up with the right remedy. Grandma used to take off her gold wedding band and have you rub it vigorously back and forth over the eyelid (probably the 'heat' did it??) and that always worked very, very well to control a sty. Try it - it's not too late.

Anyone else ever have this done or heard of it?that was what we used to do, rub gold on it. In fact there used to be an ointment called Golden Eye Ointment which Mam always had in the house as I was very prone to them when younger. They don't make it anymore apparently.

bhaggerty
July 9th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Johnson's baby shampoo and warm compresses