• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grandma G
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2013

Forum member in Japan

We have a forum member who, with her husband, is stationed at a naval base in Sasebo, Japan. I just heard on the news about the monstrous typhoon headed to Japan that will pretty much affect the entire country. Unfortunately I cannot remember her name but I sincerely hope our forum friend, as well as everyone in its path, will be safe.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
  • Auntpiggylpn
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2012

Re: Forum member in Japan

I think you are talking about Tricia. View Profile: Tricia - The Quilting Forum - Missouri Star's Quilt Community

looks like she was last on the board this morning.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

We lived in Okinawa, which is an island of Japan, for a year. We went thru four super typhoons while we were there and several smaller ones. The buildings there are made to withstand these storms. While you still have to take precautions, it was pretty safe. The building we lived in, as most buildings in town, were made w/12" cinder blocks and were quite sturdy. I never saw any damage to buildings the entire time we were there. That's not to say leaves, branches, etc were not blown around, but the buildings seem to be quite safe and secure.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Grandma G
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        We lived in Okinawa, which is an island of Japan, for a year. We went thru four super typhoons while we were there and several smaller ones. The buildings there are made to withstand these storms. While you still have to take precautions, it was pretty safe. The building we lived in, as most buildings in town, were made w/12" cinder blocks and were quite sturdy. I never saw any damage to buildings the entire time we were there. That's not to say leaves, branches, etc were not blown around, but the buildings seem to be quite safe and secure.
        Pat - that is good to hear. Thanks for that information!
        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

• Grandma G
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
          I think you are talking about Tricia. View Profile: Tricia - The Quilting Forum - Missouri Star's Quilt Community

looks like she was last on the board this morning.
          Thanks for that information. Think I'll send her a pm.
          Gerri

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2012

Thanks, Gerri, for looking out for our quilty friends!

Comment

• Tricia
              Binding Belle
              • May 2013

Aww, that's so sweet! Right now it's the "calm before the storm". We are expecting a lot of rain tomorrow and the main eye of the storm to be here Thursday morning (about 32 hours). We are all prepared and ready to go! I'm actually a bit excited, I love a good storm! I have guests visiting from San Diego and they, however, are NOT excited. Thanks for thinking of me! (Gerri, I sent this to you as a private message as well but I'd thought I'd share here too.)

Comment

Working...
              X