PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and holiday fun is over

MayinJerset
July 7th, 2014, 07:40 AM
We're up and ready to go out very early this morning as we're meeting our DGD Christine for breakfast before she flies home to New Orleans. So everyone up and at them and give it your all whatever you are doing today.

Blondie
July 7th, 2014, 08:03 AM

Happy Monday folksies!

Hey May, you were here long before me this morning. We had a hard power surge sometime in the middle of the night and it took us by surprise since we were sleeping, lol. No storms, so the only thing we can figure is someone hit something. The ways of technology elude me as always.

We had a pleasant and somewhat quiet holiday. Hot dogs and burgers on the grill, the other usual suspects as discussed last week were also on the table. We are on the countdown for the family from NY visit. I have a bit more to do to get ready for them - mostly down at Mom's since that is where they will be sleeping. Tacked in my head is the reminder to bring real coffee down there to brew since Mom insists on buying decaf. Good grief. " Why" is always my question. I mean, it doesn't even taste like real coffee to me. No purpose or reason to drink dark water.

We have missed every good opportunity for a rain shower in the past week. Even the hurricane off the coast gave us just some wind and ominous clouds. Not even a sputter of the wet stuff. We've been faithfully watering our garden, and enjoying the produce from it. Today I need to pick some more blackberries. I see a cobbler and perhaps some muffins in our near future. I hope to have Miss Eleanor Joy pick a few.

Off to get the day going - always feel late these days and know that hubs was definitely late for work. Oy.

Make it a wonderful day - May, enjoy your grand daughter! I can see your smile from here - everyone else, grab one of May's smiles and pass it on.

HandsomeRyan
July 7th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Morning all,

We had a nice holiday weekend with this little guy:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/7314_zpse0d595e7.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/7314_zpse0d595e7.jpg.html)

He is such a big boy- on Sunday his mom gave him a little bit of water in a sippy cup and he immediately figured out how to drink from it. The water didn't really hold his interest but he had both hands on the handles and got the spout into his mouth.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0271_zpsmb2bojg5.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0271_zpsmb2bojg5.jpg.html)

Here is a very short video of Wiggles playing in his walker (which is just a stander since his legs aren't long enough to touch the floor yet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwlkWLKrCRE

In quilting news- I got my cutting table done, http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/show-tell/40910-1728%B2-inches-self-healing-cutting-table.html and we went to joanns and picked out fabrics to make a quilt (http://sewcraftyjess.blogspot.com/2010/12/ryans-quilt.html)** for a friend who just found out she's having a second baby boy in November.

**the fact that she calls it Ryan's Quilt is strictly a coincidence.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Blondie
July 7th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Ryan! Sawyer is clearly going to be a baseball player. Look at how he can throw items off his "stander". Good form.
Enjoy your day.

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Sending the clouds overhead off to the East - maybe they will wind up on Fisher Hill. Not sure what I'm doing today - I have quilt guild tonight and am on the hostess committee - making a big pot of meatballs, a caramel pecan bundt cake and some lemon bars. It's hard to get others to decide what they are providing . . .

Yesterday Al and I spent several hours in our wood-working shop doing some major cleaning and straightening up. We've made arrangements to have a massive auction in September and things have to look nice. That's going to take several more days of several hours because it is a large building . . .

Not much else on the Horizon! So I'm wishing everyone a great week.

Mpyles
July 7th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Work work work...that's it for me! Have a great day!

ravelim
July 7th, 2014, 10:24 AM
O,Ryan thanks for posting little Sawyer's happy face. Our little boy had long legs but still did what you're did. You have probably checked this but does the seat go down? Ours was on a strap that went down then he found the floor - after a month of trying.

I agree with Blondie,a baseball player.

I'm tying DH t-shirt quilt. How close are the ties to be? It isn't the greatest quilt in the world but DH loves it. Isn't he a doll?

Sandy sounds like you guys are busy cleaning. I think creative spots are harder to clean than most places cause you can't decide what to throw.

Our middle GD surprised everyone by going to church camp this week. She's about 100 miles from home at Okaboji, a retreat in northern Iowa. Yes there are lakes and water in Iowa. She is 11 yrs. And will be gone till Friday. Her. 7 yr old sister is really missing her.

The other DH ;is still in Florida.

We're going to move my sewing room to my big room that has my music instruments in it. How do you think 2sewing machines, a snare drum, a guitar, flute, a clarinet and my big grand piano look together. They are the material things that I cherish. LOL.

Well better go get started,
I love this room oh did I say it also has a fireplace? Needed in winter ha ha

Have a smiling sort of day.

New York Sue
July 7th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Last night, was my first night back to work in nearly eight weeks, after shoulder surgery. Thank God, I eased in splitting my nights up, instead of doing my usual three 12 hour nights in a row!
I have pre-surgical muscle aches that have reared their ugly heads... :(
I've iced down, and am headed off for a nap.
First order of business when I get up? Calling the schedule captain! She's in the midst of balancing next months schedule....No WAY, no HOW, can I do the 'three in a row' of days past.

Blue skies and sunny here, but 'severe' T-storms this afternoon...YIPPY_SKIPPY!

Hope your skies stay blue and sunny!

And as for gardening, zucchini, anyone?! I'm going to have a TON of San Marzono tomatoes!! WOOHOO!

SuzyQue
July 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Oh, I thought Sawyer was going to be a scientist......he has already discovered gravity!

Off to sort, move, scrub, etc. After months of emotional setbacks, it is time to push forward and reclaim this house and MY life! Nothing works better than a fresh start! I feel a lot of pitching is about to start and I don't mean baseball!

Mom23
July 7th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Good Morning All,

Ryan, Sawyer's blue eyes are just so darn cute. I love watching him growing up.

I'm in a bit of a funk with my family so I've been spending a lot of time in my sewing room. I've gotten several Project Linus blankets finished since they don't require much thought. There are times it's just better to lock yourself in a room with no tv, radio, outside noises, etc. I never dreamed it would be so hard being a mother-in-law and grandma. Lots of tears shed the past few days. As I pray for my forum friends, please pray for me.

Have a great week!

KnitWitRosie
July 7th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Happy Monday Everyone!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Mine was ho-hum. Lots of sewing mixed in with a cookout on Friday, got some housework and some more sewing done on Saturday, and then had the in-laws up for dinner yesterday (which was really nice!). Wasn't busy, but wasn't boring at the same time.

Monday is here and it's the kick-off to a busy, busy week! Final meeting with a bride tonight for a wedding I'm shooting on Saturday. Need to spend the next couple of nights getting ready for it (charging batteries, emptying memory cards, etc.) Rehearsal is on Friday night which I need to go to in order to scope out what the plan is and where I need to be and when for photos. Wedding will be ALL DAY on Saturday. Come Sunday... I have NO plans! Not going anywhere, not even peeping at the pictures from Saturday... nothing! I may get into my sewing room and try to get some work done, but it'll all depend on how I'm feeling. I'm usually wiped out after doing a wedding and don't want to move off of the couch! Lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and a great week to come!!!

Monique
July 7th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Good day to you all. My internet was out this morning. I am back from my morning of work.

I had a busy weekend. Friday, dinner with friends, Saturday was flea market, quilt store hopping for the row by row experience, and an antique show and sale. I did not do much yesterday but dinner with friends again.

We have a raccoon problem around here. He has been digging up my back yard like you would not believe. And yes, it is a raccoon because we have seen him twice. We set out a live trap but he is too big for it. Not sure what we will do now. My backyard is too big to spread mothballs.

I think it is now time for a nap.

I wish you all a lovely rest of the day.

Iris Girl
July 7th, 2014, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=ravelim;555742]

:icon_eek: How many do you have? 1 is all I can handle! LOL

Sawyer is cutie for sure, thanks for sharing!

Dollyquilts
July 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Iris Girl;555907][QUOTE=ravelim;555742]

:icon_eek: How many do you have? 1 is all I can handle! LOL

Irisgirl, we think alike. I was thinking she must have brother husbands. LOL.

Ginny B
July 7th, 2014, 10:59 PM
LOL, I thought I read that wrong and went back and looked at it again.

The weekend was pretty good but I can't believe how fast it sped by. We went to a bbq on Friday where there were around 120 people! It was raining until around 3:00 so there were a lot of people inside. No, it wasn't in a very large house but they had a canopy-like thing set up in the driveway, they have an across-the-front of the house front porch and they also have a nice covered back patio. We were home before dark. Then Saturday we worked our tail feathers off : grocery shopping, laundry, cooking a few meals for the week, shopping for plants and then planting them. We slept very well that night. Yesterday we headed to the beach in the morning and stayed until around 2:30. Came home and had an early dinner and then rested the rest of the day.

Today actually went by pretty fast at work. I had some time tonight to work on the potholder order I have. Almost done.

Sleep well everyone.