PDA

View Full Version : Roasted Night Owl

toggpine
July 7th, 2014, 03:28 AM
OK. So it's not an actual menu item. It's just too warm and stuffy to sleep here.

So I shall at least do some cutting for a little while. I may get to some sewing, but who knows. I am trying to get the blocks from the Shop Hop made up. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with them when they are done, but hopefully I'l be able to create a nice lap-sized quilt with them. It will probably be gifted, as the focus fabric isn't really my thing. It's a large tea rose-type floral. Very reminiscent of the 80s!

Since we are now into summer (on the Northern Hemisphere), I have a sleeping question.
How many of you HAVE to have some thing covering you (beyond Pj's, as I don't want TMI or any mental images that are going to require mind bleach!) in order to sleep, even on the hottest nights?
Hubby must have at least one blanket in addition to the sheet to get to sleep, then he'll fling it off onto my side when he gets too hot. I can manage with just a sheet. (This may be a pointless question to those of you with Air Conditioning.)

I'm off to refill the ice water and cut some more blocks!
Happy Hooting! Cathy

Texas Jean
July 7th, 2014, 05:43 AM
I sleep with a sheet and a quilt. If you don't have AC in Houston the heat and humidity would make it impossible to sleep.

BobW
July 7th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I sleep with a sheet and quilt. Sometimes I turn the quilt back and just use the sheet, but I want at least the sheet. I have A/C and keep it set at 74.

MayinJerset
July 7th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Was here during the night but no one was around so I just took a quick look and went back to sleep.

Summertime we like to have a little something over us while we sleep. We have central AC and do cut it back a bit at night or if cooler out open the windows and let the fans bring in some cool moist air. I have to dig in the bottom of our linen closet for some top sheets as we don't use them. I gave them up many years ago when I found my DH and sons always pushed the top sheet to the bottom of the bed and wrapped the blanket or quilt around themselves. I grew to like wrapping our velour blanket around myself. We like extra pillows on our beds so when I buy a new set of sheets the top one is usually made into extra matching pillowcases. DH and I are older and need our afternoon rests or naps on the couch and I like a fleece throw and he uses the quilt I made him over 10 years ago for his 70th Bday.

irishrn
July 7th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Sleep with a sheet and quilt but usually have at least one foot out from under the sheets. We have central A/C but I like it cooler than my DH so it's always a challange for me to stay cool!! I run a cool mist vaporizer by my bed all night too to keep the air cool!! The cooler the better for me!!

Leah53
July 7th, 2014, 01:02 PM
When I read the headline my first thought was, does it taste like eagle and spotted owl.

I have to have something over me, especially my hips, the cold from the air conditioner goes right to my arthritic bones. I don't even use a sheet in the summer, I use my down comforter which is cool on the underneath.

The only time I get hot flashes and night sweats are in the summer, where are they in the winter when you really need them?