PDA

View Full Version : This dog is going to be the death of me

Pandabear
July 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Tiberius watched my teenage Chewbacca get ice and water from the fridge. So now all I hear in the kitchen is the pup getting ice. I had to start locking the ice machine.

Hulamoon
July 6th, 2014, 07:58 PM
:icon_giggle: How do you lock the ice maker?

Sharyn J
July 6th, 2014, 08:28 PM
That's so funny! Our Cyrus always loved ice cubes. He thought they were treats! He's in doggy heaven now but our little guy Max won't touch them!

Hulamoon
July 6th, 2014, 08:34 PM
We had a raccoon when I was little and we filled the bath tub with ice cubes. Funniest thing to watch ever.

ginger326
July 6th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Im glad our ice maker is on the inside. But any time some one gets ice our dog starts barking because she wants one too!

Pandabear
July 6th, 2014, 08:57 PM
:icon_giggle: How do you lock the ice maker?

My fridge has 2 levers in the door. Push in one for water and one in for ice. I can lock it so if the levers are pushed, nothing comes out.

Sharyn, I have a dog named Max. He and Phineas love it when they see Ty going for the fridge. My two cats also like ice. I don't know why, they all just do.

Animals are weird.

pcbatiks
July 6th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Too funny!

Ginny B
July 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
LOL - how funny!:icon_rofl::icon_:

I had a cat who figured out how to open the refrigerator door and he helped himself to some leftover turkey dinner.

Grandma G
July 6th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I have "parental control" on my fridge, too. My granddaughter loves to chew ice and we are trying to break her of that habit. She was pressing it every time she walked past. Half the ice would end up on the floor. Not anymore...

Auntpiggylpn
July 6th, 2014, 10:53 PM
That's hilarious !!! We used to have a French door refrigerator with the freezer as a pull out drawer on the bottom. Our Shepherd/Akita mix figured out how to pull the drawer open. We couldn't figure it out at first, we would just find the freezer drawer slightly opened. Then one day I had to leave the house before my spouse got home from work (3rd shift). I got a call that BG had opened the freezer drawer and had ate a whole slab of frozen ribs that we had just smoked the weekend before!!! We wound up putting a child lock on the freezer door. BG recovered with no complications. I was going to say "Everything came out okay" but thought that might be a little crass! :icon_rofl:

whippetmom
July 6th, 2014, 10:56 PM
That is funny. I have one dog that loves to chew ice, hope he never learns that trick.

songbird857
July 6th, 2014, 11:23 PM
That's awesome!! Well, not for you I mean... :)

KnitWitRosie
July 7th, 2014, 01:08 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That is too funny! Thank GOD our Vito (Basset Hound) hasn't figured out that trick yet! He may be low to the ground when standing, but when he gets up on his hind legs, he can reach just about anything! He loves ice too! I actually make him summertime treats by freezing chicken and beef broth in ice cube trays. When we're just hanging out on the back porch, I'll give him one or two (especially on hot summer days). He loves them!

Annette Ackley
July 7th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Love the pic of your dog. I can't imagine a dog doing that. But they are smart animals. Our beagle chews on ice. We give them to him when he is hot or isn't feeling good.

Pandabear
July 7th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I'm convinced my girl cat is going to find a way to exploit this. When she wants ice in her water bowl she'll sit and stare at you until her evil mind control takes over and you do what she wants.

She'll train that pup eventually. I just know it.

Bubby
July 7th, 2014, 04:59 PM
It might be making you crazy, but that's one very smart pup!!

Making broth pops is a great idea, Rosie!!