PDA

View Full Version : Ailment

brook
July 6th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Woke up this morning with red eyes. Can't figure out why. I was at a fireworks show last night, but I wouldn't think that would be the cause. Waited in the sun for about 3 hours before that , but that shouldn't cause this. I keep putting drops in them but still just as red. I've never had pink eye before so I don't know what that's like. And since its the weekend I can't see a Dr.
Any thoughts on this, as to what to do?

tamsterg7
July 6th, 2014, 02:35 AM
If you don't think it is from being outside, and it isn't going away or is getting worse, I would have it checked out. Do you have any urgent care denters or 'doc in the box' (i.e Walgrrens/CVS)? If it is pink eye they will be able to diagnose and prescribe meds. Pink eye is quite contagious, so better sare than sorry, and eyes are nothing to mess around with.

stationarymom
July 6th, 2014, 02:38 AM
are they possibly just dry and irritated? do you have allergies that would cause that(pollen).It doesn't sound like pink eye that makes your eye itch and run. I hope they get better soon.

brook
July 6th, 2014, 02:46 AM
are they possibly just dry and irritated? do you have allergies that would cause that(pollen).It doesn't sound like pink eye that makes your eye itch and run. I hope they get better soon.

My eyes are usually dry but maybe they are becoming dryer.? The only thing I'm doing different is I've just taking a vitamin that a Dr. told me to take to help deter the Macular Degeneration that I'm starting to have. I also think I am on the computer more than I use to be so maybe I need to back off of that some. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with normal looking eyes. : )

Hulamoon
July 6th, 2014, 03:18 AM
My eyes are usually dry but maybe they are becoming dryer.? The only thing I'm doing different is I've just taking a vitamin that a Dr. told me to take to help deter the Macular Degeneration that I'm starting to have. I also think I am on the computer more than I use to be so maybe I need to back off of that some. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with normal looking eyes. : )

I was going to ask if you were on the computer a lot. About two years ago I fainted and fell out of my chair. I woke up and was like just what happened? I went in and they did mention it.. They told me to not drive for 6 mos. umm don't think so. It never happened again. It still bothers me about the reason.

Vonnie
July 6th, 2014, 04:22 AM
I have had pink eye. Does not sound like it. My eyes were very crusty. Had to take a damp, warm wash cloth to them to clean off the crustiness.

Sounds to me that they got irritated from being out in the bright sun and you strained them. You probably need to start wearing sun glasses. But, I'm not a doctor.

Google the vitamin and see if there is a side affect of taking too much.

Vonnie
July 6th, 2014, 04:29 AM
I just noticed where you live. Is there a smog problem there? I grew up in San Bernardino and back then we had a lot of smog until a strong wind would blow it away. I remember my eyes being irritated as well as my lungs.

Monique
July 6th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Take good care of those eyes. I take vitamins for Macular Degeneration too.

Mpyles
July 6th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Could of been something in the air just irritated them, you're tired, dry eyes, conjunctivitis,...if it's the same on Monday go see your doc. I've had pink eye where my eyes are bloodshot, and mine also get irritated easily but clear up in a day or so.

Slokarma
July 6th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Eye Makeup?

Genny
July 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Woke up this morning with red eyes. Can't figure out why. I was at a fireworks show last night, but I wouldn't think that would be the cause. Waited in the sun for about 3 hours before that , but that shouldn't cause this. I keep putting drops in them but still just as red. I've never had pink eye before so I don't know what that's like. And since its the weekend I can't see a Dr.
Any thoughts on this, as to what to do?

Maybe something in the air irritated your eyes. I'm 63 years old and wear glasses but have never had trouble with my eyes like I've been having this spring and summer. Never in my life have I had to use eye drops until I started using them this last week. In the evenings my eyes have started burning and itching horribly. I bought "Visine Seasonal Itching and Redness Relief" and its really been helping.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 6th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Try some warm wet compresses until you can see the doctor -- e.g., a washcloth soaked in hot water. Close your eyes, apply the compress for fifteen minutes. It helps the oils circulate & might soothe them a bit until you figure out what is going on.