PDA

View Full Version : Good Tuesday Morning

Blondie
July 12th, 2011, 07:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/to%20work%20with/FB9E0B33-orig-2.gif

Hey, hey, hey! Good morning! I didn't forget this morning! I didn't get sidetracked this morning ~ yet!
I will try to get some pics taken later this morning and post to my album on a few of the things I have been working on.
What's up with you. Have a great day!
Sandy, hope you are feeling better

Sandy Navas
July 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Blondie, for the good wishes. I really don't think I'm that much better. I gave up and went to bed yesterday and did nothing but nap and rest. Got a good dose of NyQuil in me before bedtime last night and that helped some. I'm certain the humidity and heat coupled with allergens is causing me 99% of my discomfort. Today will be another lazy day.

Yesterday Al attended a class on digitizing for the embroidery machine so he brought 90% of the new quilting machine home with him. We are awaiting delivery of the frame now. I really thought the frame that was on display at the store would be arriving, too, but looks like they ordered a new one.

I'm off here - I'm practicing 'taking it easy' for the day. Hugs to everyone!!!

RFREE
July 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Good morning to all my quilting buddies! I haven't been on here much lately. I am trying to stay away from this computer a bit more. can't seem to get anything done around the house.Nothing much going on here today.Sandy I hope your cold is getting better. You are right ,nothing worst than a summer cold. Other than my ankle this summer I am in good shape so far.My sister in MI has decided to cut off her internet and I am so lost not being able to talk with her everyday.To expensive to call:( I am not sure if I can wait for a hardcopy letter like the old days. Guess I will have to though. Here's hoping everybody will have a great rest of the week.
TTFN
Rhonda

Bubby
July 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Blondie...Good to see you with us today because it's not Tuesday unless Blondie says it's Tuesday!! Like so many otherss we are struggling with the intense heat wave. It would be a great day to stay indoors and sew, but DH and I have to go to the city today. There is a good quilt shop there and I hope to be able to pop in and soak up some inspiration and drool over their machines. They have beautiful fabrics, but quite pricey. My little shop here in town has me spoiled that way. Well I must get off and get going....Y'all take care and keep cool.....Barb

Bubby
July 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Rhonda...It's good to have you hangin' around again. Barb

twnkeyes
July 12th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hello everyone! I always love reading the "hello's" and read what everyone's doing for the day, it inspires me! I am finally going to work on some quilt tops today. Since the end of April I've been traveling and having company so the quilting went by the wayside. My nephew from Missouri and 18 years old is now living with us awaiting starting college nearby. He's a great kid and we love having him around. Helping him figure out what classes he needs and scheduling so that they coordinate with his work schedule is doing my head in though! It's been 6 years since I've done that! Anyway, I'm with you Rhonda, staying off the computer more and getting more things done so I'll get off here and wish you all a great day!!!

toggpine
July 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning!
We have company coming today. My aunt is trying out my new dentist. She has had some problems with an implant and her dentist doesn't seem to think it's that big of a deal and wants to charge her $600 (after insurance) to fix it. Before my root canal got started I gave my guy a run down of the situation and he was all over the fact that it can cause a bad bite and that can lead to other problems. He said to send her in and he'd gladly take a look. I really like this dentist. Such a huge improvement over the last one I tried, and very reasonably priced too! Anyhow, after she sees Dr. Grimm she's bringing her granddaughter out to play with Emily since they are over half way here once they get to the dentist's anyway. Em has been looking forward to this for over a week!
I am hoping to have the two sundresses done by the time they get here. I am done with the gathering, so after I run down to milk and feed I should be able to attach & hem the skirts. I'll need to wait until she gets here to adjust the straps, but two lines of stitching will take care of that!
So, I am off to get that done, and once they leave I shall dive into the baby shower projects! Whoo Hoo!
Sandy watch out for that Nyquil. I used it and the Dayquil for a nasty cold, and when I came off of it I couldn't sleep for 36 hours!
You all take care and I'll catch you later! Cathy

RFREE
July 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Rhonda...It's good to have you hangin' around again. Barb
Thanks Barb!

plix
July 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
{Anyhow, after she sees Dr. Grimm...}
Cathy, really? :icon_heh: Dr. Grimm???
A dentist? :D :lol: That's funny! & inspiring. Something about overcoming
obstacles comes to mind....

meemeecyn
July 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Feel better, Dear Sandy. It won't be long....can't keep a good woman down!
Nice doggie pic, Blondie. Where do you find all those awesome pictures anyway!
Have a great Tuesday everyone. It is hot and humid here...a good time for hand sewing some Yoyo's.
Cynthia

toggpine
July 12th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Plix, I know! How awful is that? I think about how the Brothers Grimm fairy tales had a happier ending for the good people. Although, if you were naughty or bad in the original versions you didn't fair so well. Disney really sugar-coated those babies!
Dr. Grimm is really a great dentist though. Auntie said he has a plan to fix the problem, and she really liked him too.

I have the sundresses done and now on to the baby projects! (I really want a nap though, but Emily won't let me!)

Loonwatcher
July 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Oh Sandy, feel better soon!!!

We have been selected by our local Watershed Committee (keep the waters coming into the lake clean and preserve the shoreline, etc.) for water absorption and shoreline retention projects. So next Monday & Tuesday a group of Americorps workers will be at camp raising the lawn, putting in a berm and planting it and planting a cedar hedge (to drink road runoff water). That means that this week I have to go dig up a bunch of plants for the berm that I'm getting from friends to go with the ones I bought. The committee has $1,000 to spend on my project (WOW) but allot of that will go towards rocks, gravel and top soil.

I miss-read my calendar and thought I had another week before the project so I went ahead and invited everyone in the neighborhood to our camp for a block party this weekend. Oh, I know....as a party event I can have everyone on their kmees digging up my pachy sandra for transplanting into the berm......yeah, that will go over like a rock!

No sewing for me for a while!

We are hot and sticky too but nothing like you folks to the south and west. Give me my fan and I'm okay! Sure beats the snow anyway.

Hugs to everyone,

patticakes
July 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Afternoon all! Just popped in for my daily howdy and dose of quilting inspiration. As I go down the list of posts I think, oh yeah I could work on that....oh yeah, that would be fun to do....oh yeah, I should work on that.....oh my, that would be fun to start! LOL...leading me down the path of quilty wannas. But, alas, I am going to work on already started projects and then maybe get something new started (like handsewing project) when I get tired and head downstairs to watch a movie later.
Blondie - another adorable pic, you are so clever with them!
Sandy - hope you are snoring away so you get better soon!
Rhonda - so nice to see you. Getting snail mail is a good thing even tho it takes longer!
Nancy - you are such a eco person! How very wonderful!!
Cathy - are you posting pics of the sundresses?
Now, I must stop procratinating and off to the sewing machine!

newbiequilter
July 13th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Want to see a pic of the sundresses. Sounds like fun for the girls.

I on the other hand spent over 11 hours baby-sitting the guys installing new parts to my air conditioner. After the first 10 hours the first crew left, then the system stopped working. So I called repair and the next guy was here for the rest of the time. Sounds like there was a bad connection. But now, ah, cool air.

bkthomas
February 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Went looking around at Blondies first post - this is it - how's that for a blast from the past?!!!
Looks like she joined and lurked for about 2 or 3 months before starting her famous dailys'
Wonder how many people I will confuse today!!!!

Heckfire shoot! Looks like the history only goes back so far - I goofed again!!!

HdWench
February 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Afternoon all! By now you all have projects underway, sundress (photos!!) on little ones, naps going and I'm up and heading out on the driveway for spray basting time before the working folks get home to see me crawling around. Check back later tonight before sewing time - Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

:-Deb

bkthomas
February 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Afternoon all! By now you all have projects underway, sundress (photos!!) on little ones, naps going and I'm up and heading out on the driveway for spray basting time before the working folks get home to see me crawling around. Check back later tonight before sewing time - Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

:-Deb

Fooled her didn't I? :icon_pcnoob:

K. McEuen
February 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
You know what is weird, not even looking at the dates, both are Tuesday posts and ONE minute apart!

Went looking around at Blondies first post - this is it - how's that for a blast from the past?!!!
Looks like she joined and lurked for about 2 or 3 months before starting her famous dailys'
Wonder how many people I will confuse today!!!!

Heckfire shoot! Looks like the history only goes back so far - I goofed again!!!

bkthomas
February 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM
You know what is weird, not even looking at the dates, both are Tuesday posts and ONE minute apart!

Ha! Awesome!

toggpine
February 26th, 2013, 09:19 PM
This happens sometimes when folks go looking for previously discussed topics. Interesting to see what we were doing then. Anybody seen Plix lately?
I can't post photos here until I get a new computer. Mine doesn't play well with others at it's advanced age.

I had to think about the sundresses, as that was well over a year ago! They went over well. I have to repair the straps on one. If it won't fit the original wearer, it can be passed down to the little girl down the street.

Back to the 2013 projects!
C

Sandy Navas
February 27th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Kathy has been here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn15OcP2r2o

auntiemern
February 27th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Wondering what Kathy is smoking. Blondie has been a member since May 2010.

bkthomas
February 27th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Wondering what Kathy is smoking. Blondie has been a member since May 2010.

Hey there, already admitted I made a mistake - I'll admit when I'm wrong -hehe